WWIIReenacting.co.uk Forums

Uniting UK Re-enactors since 2003

It is currently Thu Oct 18, 2018 14:57 pm

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 21:03 pm 

Hello again,

This is a quick request for any feedback on the Churnet Valley Railway event, scheduled this year for 30 Sep - 01 October.

We used to attend the event in its initial form (usually held at the end of April) every year. It was a cracking little event, nice and cosy, with a great railway and excellent fixtures on all stations. Unfortunately, we stopped attending several years ago due to an out-of-the-blue ban on Germans. However after looking at their website, that appears to have been overturned as Axis forces are back, with battles scheduled for the event.

Could anyone recommend attending this particular event now? It used to be a cracker and I can't imagine it could've changed that much (???). September / October is still a way off, which may enable us to source some accommodation. It must be good if North West Military Collectors are attending!

Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Many thanks,

Joe

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:27 am 

Group: none
It was a disaster the year they banned the Germans, at Consall Station they had a kiddy's play area and a display of sheep as the substitute, I didn't even get off the train. The staff on the trains and at the stations were embarrassed and complaining that it was political correctness gone wrong. But I'm going again this year after like you seeing what appears to be a more enlightened programme.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 16:46 pm 

Group: BBC War Reporting Unit
So, what did you think. We spent the weekend driving past the railway but didn't see anything outside advertising the event as 1940s. Hopefully next year it won't be a family 50th wedding anniversary and I can attend.