WWIIReenacting.co.uk Forums

Uniting UK Re-enactors since 2003

It is currently Tue Jul 17, 2018 17:41 pm

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username

Post subject: Leica IIIa body
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:52 am 
3000+ Poster
 YIM  Profile

Group: Independant
An original pre war Leica camera body in good working order.
This is a Leica model IIIa with the serial 228800 which dates it to 1936/1937

I bought this with a (minor) shutter fault for the lens that was with it for my other Leica body, however on arrival I realised the shutter fault was worse than originally thought so opted to get it repaired.

It is in good condition cosmetically with some brassing and handling and usage marks but otherwise clean and tidy. The rangefinder has decent contrast and all optics are clean and clear.
The shutter works well and is crisp on all speeds, the camera having just been repaired and serviced.
The case is marked Made in England, and the leather is in good condition but some of the stitching is loose. All in all a nice example of a classic camera.

Please see receipt which is named to the camera shop that handled the repair not myself and so is transferable as is the repair/service guarantee for a year and so priced accordingly as there are no risks with this one.

£300 ono ... postage extra

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

8th USAAF
Somewhere in England

... " I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals " ...

... " I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them " ...

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username