WWIIReenacting.co.uk Forums

Uniting UK Re-enactors since 2003

It is currently Sat Dec 15, 2018 19:30 pm

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 15:08 pm 

Group: 'To Victory, Together!' (Me, him and the dog)
Dear all.
If you are an exhibitor at War and Peace this year, we thought we'd let you know what we are doing on the Home Front area. It would be good to interact with some of you, if you are interested in a little bit of fun over the week.

Our theme this year is Holidays at Home and we have a planned a large programme of events and activities taking place on the area of ground that we will be setting up as a village green.

We welcome you to join in with some of activities in appropriate uniform or portrayal. Our programme of events will soon be up on the War and Peace Revival facebook page but you may be interested in some of these activities.

Our local Army physical training instructor will be putting on a P.T exhibition on the village green. If you have your British P.T. kit and would like to join in please pm me. We could do with a few more fit lads!

A fun dog show will take place on the village green (involving just three classes so won't be any more than half and hour) for the dog with the most beautiful eyes, the waggiest tail and the judges favourite. We hope to see as many lovely, well behaved dogs (so that counts my own out!) as possible with their owners either in walking out allied uniform or home front clothing. Period style prizes for winners.

We will also be holding a sports afternoon when the biscuit factory is closed and we all enjoy some fun races and games. These will involve a sack race, three legged and wheelbarrow race as well as potato and spoon etc. Some of these races are individual, some team races so if you would like to join in the fun with the civilians you are very welcome too.

If you bring a period bicycle with you to the show we are also hoping to go on a tongue in cheek bicycle ride of the local area, setting off and ending up at the Bush Inn. (Bring your own beverages.)

If any of you have any sewing to do at the event, do come to our make do and mend club in the village hall. You can learn to darn your socks too.

And finally, if any of the ladies going have period utility garments or period garments that have had make do and mend done on them, we'd love to include you in our two fashion shows in the village hall.

All activities should last no more than 30 mins so won't take you away from your display for too long.
Any queries please pm or ask on here.
Best wishes.
Georgie and Jude. Home front Co-ordinators.

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 19:53 pm 

Group: Civil Defenders
I am not physically fit, don't have a dog, and don't do make-do-and-mend - but will be there! Looking forward to it.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:28 am 
Forum Legend

Group: That's so 2011...
Sounds brilliant fun! :D

Be very careful about loaning original items...also, please keep an eye out for :
*Still missing* Because some folks are devoid of an ounce of honesty or integrity.
Women's Navy Great Coat
Green floor length 1930s evening dress with sleeves set on net.
Blue and white rayon dress with peplum
Black velvet halter necked dress with silver shot thread skirt (may still have Harrods label in it) I have photos of all of these items and I know where they are in Scunthorpe, but would appreciate a nod if they come up for sale. [/color]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:43 am 

Group: 'To Victory, Together!' (Me, him and the dog)
Kate, it was!
The hardest work I've ever done but totally worth it for the laughter shared over 10 days in a field.
We survived all that the weather threw at us and every-one came together.
Instead of there being an RAF display and a Home Front display, we were just one community in England. It was magical!
Morris Dancing whilst the vehicles rolled by was an unusual sight too.
The event organisers John and Annie were brilliant and the crew could not have been more helpful, fun to work with and cheerful if they tried.
Showers were wonderful and loos in the block pretty good too.
We didn't want it to end.
Roll on 2019.
Jude

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:32 am 

The display looked amazing!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 15:44 pm 
Forum Legend

Group: That's so 2011...
We supplied some bits and bobs for a display and it all looks amazing! we are hoping to trade at w&p next year so look forward to seeing what you do for 2019 :D

Be very careful about loaning original items...also, please keep an eye out for :
*Still missing* Because some folks are devoid of an ounce of honesty or integrity.
Women's Navy Great Coat
Green floor length 1930s evening dress with sleeves set on net.
Blue and white rayon dress with peplum
Black velvet halter necked dress with silver shot thread skirt (may still have Harrods label in it) I have photos of all of these items and I know where they are in Scunthorpe, but would appreciate a nod if they come up for sale. [/color]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 22:01 pm 

Glad to be a part of the RAF display. It really felt like a proper little village with so much going on! Looking forward to beating the home guard at tug of war again next year!