WWIIReenacting.co.uk Forums

Uniting UK Re-enactors since 2003

It is currently Thu Jan 17, 2019 15:43 pm

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 527 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:28 am 
3000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

Group: AFRA
It's doing it to me too. Seems to be a persistent bug. Karl will sort it.

http://www.afra.org.uk

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 21:10 pm 

Group: Thunder From Heaven
Hi,

Who do i contact for questions regarding membership, perhaps an email?

Regards Max

EX THUNDER FROM HEAVEN

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:32 am 
3000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

PM me on here, Max.

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 14:43 pm 
3000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

Holidays 2015
Emma will be offline for 10 days from Thursday 14th May, and no cards will be posted out until her return. I am away from July 3rd to July 13th, during which time it may not be possible for me to activate accounts. If you NEED your AFRA membership sorting for the time I am away, I must receive your application by midnight on Thursday 2nd July, or I will not be able to guarantee it will be activated until I return. This all depends on the Wi-Fi signal where I am.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 21:09 pm 
3000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

IMPORTANT INFORMATION

AFRA has supported the Victory Show since its creation.

We are unpaid volunteers, working ten hour days over the show weekend to create the battle effects, taking time off from work to attend the show, and getting little free time to see anything but our camp and the battlefield. This year, the hours would have been longer, creating the air raid scenario on the Saturday evening, yet it was something we were happy to do.

This week, we were informed that it was too much for us to ask for six spare passes for family members, something we have always had, that we were taking money from the gate by doing so, even though the family members would not be attending if we weren’t there. The fact that they actually provide camp security and other support to the team was dismissed out of hand.

The cost of the pyro was also questioned, even though our costs have gone up and we were providing a huge extra for them on the Saturday night. The extra cost was less than £500 over last year, and included £250 worth of pyro for the air raid, plus extra fuel for more fuel/air effects. We were also going to supply the British Airborne Platoon with pyro for their display in the woods, free of charge, as we always have.

AFRA and the pyro crew have never made any money from The Victory Show pyro, either personally or as an association, and in many years it has actually cost us to do it. We have supported the show, at cost only, since it first began, ten years ago. In 2009, we paid for most of the pyro and expenses ourselves, to cover their huge losses from the rains of 2008, when the show was cancelled.

AFRA has always been about the hobby, about supporting events and doing the thing that we enjoy. We like to think that we have been influential in the hobby and help bring about change in attitudes and standards throughout the years.
We have always tried to support small and upcoming events and hopefully we always will have an opportunity to do so.

We feel that our integrity and honesty has been questioned, and we have been made to feel that we want something for nothing from the show, even though it is the show who get all our hard work for free.

It is felt that the working relationship we once enjoyed with The Victory Show is now untenable and the AFRA pyro crew will, with immediate effect, no longer be providing battle effects for The Victory Show.

We will continue to support those shows who support us, the shows who understand that we are there to help.

We wish Steve Pepper and The Victory Show all the very best for the future.

If anybody has any queries, please contact us through the AFRA website, not by personal message or email.

Thank you.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 19:25 pm 

This week will see the start of the new look 2016 membership cards being printed and dispatched as well as new certificates. So start renewing for 2016 guys and if you not registered on the website....where have you been???

Emma

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 13:43 pm 

IMPORTANT: Apologies in getting membership cards out to the guys that have received 2016 certificates- I have been sent the wrong printer ribbons from the supplier- New ones have been ordered so once here I will endeavour to get these processed asap. Many Thanks ....Emma

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 16:24 pm 
3000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

Due to the website still not working correctly, I have a temporary measure for those who need their memberships activating, and for risk assessments.
Message or email me with the following:
Name
Date of birth
Email address
Password you wish to use
Address
Telephone number
Next of Kin
Next of kin telephone number
Any groups you are in
Details of your interest in the hobby
Photo for card
IMPORTANT: I will give you the Paypal address to send fees to. Don't think you know it, because we have had payments go out into the ether.
We will then get a membership card issued and email the insurance details.
The cards will be un-numbered, but replacements with membership number will be issued as soon as we have website access again.
Once the website is back, I can go into it and update them all with the information provided.
I can also issue risk assessments on demand for paid up members, if provided with an email address to send them to.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 22:11 pm 

Hi, how much is membership these days?

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 7:30 am 
4000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

Same as it ever was.
£15
+ PayPal fees if you chose to pay that way.

"Truth is a shining goddess, always veiled, always distant, never wholly approachable, but worthy of all the devotion of which the human spirit is capable. "
"Truth is incontrovertible, ignorance can deride it, panic may resent it, malice may destroy it, but there it is."

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 7:45 am 
4000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

Contrary to the myth we are working fine again and have been for some time.
Renewals and new members are joining every day.
If you can't work the web site then it's you, not the website.
If you are waiting for a reply from the website check your spam folders, some e-mail services don't seem to like our e-mails.
If you find some missives in your spam box please, take time to set an exception. That saves you hours wondering and searching in the future.

"Truth is a shining goddess, always veiled, always distant, never wholly approachable, but worthy of all the devotion of which the human spirit is capable. "
"Truth is incontrovertible, ignorance can deride it, panic may resent it, malice may destroy it, but there it is."

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 10:20 am 

Group: Civil Defenders
I applied weeks ago via the website, but never heard anything (and yes, I always check my spam box). Have now got insurance elsewhere.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 10:37 am 
4000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

Did you mention that to anyone?

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 11:24 am 

Email sent to bryn as his contact description was the most relevant.
Cheers

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 14:47 pm 
3000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

What name was it for? PM me on here.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 19:12 pm 

Hi, what are the payment methods available. I used PayPal but my friend doesn't have it?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 527 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next