WWIIReenacting.co.uk Forums

Uniting UK Re-enactors since 2003

It is currently Thu Jan 17, 2019 15:48 pm

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 22:16 pm 
1000+ Poster

Group: 2nd Armored in Europe
Anyone got a spare helmet band? 8)

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 17:09 pm 

Group: FSSFLHA
jumpwings wrote:
Scrim nets...didn't wear them...

I realize I'm quite late to this topic - my unit does an FSSF impression here in Canada. We've been lucky enough to actually meet a number of FSSF veterans (They had a reunion in Edmonton last year, at which our unit were honour guards - they are tickled pink that there are folks keeping their memory alive in Canada, the US and overseas, by the way!).

I'm interested in the comment above, though, since from talking with the veterans, they indicated that some of them did end up adopting the scrim nets.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 23:54 pm 
5000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

Group: FSSF-UK
PWalk wrote:
jumpwings wrote:
Scrim nets...didn't wear them...

I realize I'm quite late to this topic - my unit does an FSSF impression here in Canada. We've been lucky enough to actually meet a number of FSSF veterans (They had a reunion in Edmonton last year, at which our unit were honour guards - they are tickled pink that there are folks keeping their memory alive in Canada, the US and overseas, by the way!).

I'm interested in the comment above, though, since from talking with the veterans, they indicated that some of them did end up adopting the scrim nets.

I know a few vets aswell, what where their names?

Strange, they only post in my threads when it's controversial, seems they want to vent their spleens whilst claiming victimhood ; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEwVpWFyy3M

"I don't use the pozi net ,because there are too many left wing oversensitive retards on there..."

"I reflect on the infamous 1987 photograph by American artist Andres Serrano that depicts a crucifix submerged in a glass of the artist's urine. I remember all the leftists that jeered and mocked me, and many Christians like me, for being bruised by that photograph (the title of which I would rather not verbalize). They scoffed and told us to get a life. These are the same people today, unsurprisingly, who are stridently arguing for curtailment of free speech not to offend Muslims."

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:00 am 
5000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

Another wrongness, the M1944 Johnson LMG

Strange, they only post in my threads when it's controversial, seems they want to vent their spleens whilst claiming victimhood ; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEwVpWFyy3M

"I don't use the pozi net ,because there are too many left wing oversensitive retards on there..."

"I reflect on the infamous 1987 photograph by American artist Andres Serrano that depicts a crucifix submerged in a glass of the artist's urine. I remember all the leftists that jeered and mocked me, and many Christians like me, for being bruised by that photograph (the title of which I would rather not verbalize). They scoffed and told us to get a life. These are the same people today, unsurprisingly, who are stridently arguing for curtailment of free speech not to offend Muslims."

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 22:15 pm 

SaddleTramp wrote:

eh?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:56 am 
5000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

airborne1940 wrote:
SaddleTramp wrote:

eh?

Love when folks do that, I mean, you can say "eh" in a personally real life conversation as you might not have heard, but online, when you can just re-read it, makes me laugh... :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 18:30 pm 

Is it wrong to wear m-1943 dust goggles on helmets for FSSF? (i'm doing 1944 impression based on the fighting on the Franco-Italian border in Southern France)

i've never done this unit before so sorry if it seems stupid

Ryan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 20:32 pm 
5000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

airborne1940 wrote:
Is it wrong to wear m-1943 dust goggles on helmets for FSSF? (i'm doing 1944 impression based on the fighting on the Franco-Italian border in Southern France)

i've never done this unit before so sorry if it seems stupid

Ryan

Haven't got any evidence for the FSSF wearing them, wasn't needed, aren't they more or less seen but non transport (and transport) troops in N.Africa? Can't recall any leg troops wearing them in Italy too, again though, never say never, and if there is "proof"...