WWIIReenacting.co.uk Forums

Uniting UK Re-enactors since 2003

It is currently Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:15 am

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username

Post subject: My Kriegsmarine Uniforms
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 14:10 pm 
 WWW  ICQ  YIM  Profile

Group: Kriegsmarine Küstenabteilung
Well we finally had a rest from the rain here and the blackflies weren't too bad so took the oportunity to get some pics of me in my different Kriegsmarine uniforms I require for my Kriegsmarine Kustenabteilung impression. I portray a ww1 vet recalled to service as a funker in the coastal artillery. I am a member of the Kriegsmarine Kustenabteilung, we have 3 units, the main one in the United States, one here in Canada, and one on the Island of Jersey. The Jersey unit gets to use real bunkers and emplacements. I made the blue wool midi, the white midi, as well as the blue wool top for my matrosenmutze. Here is a link to my website page with the pics of my uniforms: http://www.angelfire.com/on4/schultzsgt/pg01.html

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 1:10 am 
1000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

Group: 'Heia Safari' DAK Living History Group.
Excellent uniforms, Harold, but what do you think of these jackets:-

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/ww2militaria-k ... idZ2QQtZkm

'Heia Safari' Facebook group page: https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/341661532588540

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:51 pm 
 WWW  ICQ  YIM  Profile

The reefer jackets look ok but the peacoats there are problems it appears they used the same jacket pattern for the peacoats that they used for the reefer jackets just added the buttons. To be specific the buttons are too low the bottom buttons shouldn't come below the top eadge of the lower pockets. The lapels are too low. If you were to remove the lower buttons and move them up above where they have the top buttons and re-press the lapels would be closer. The problem is how do you hide the lower button hole that you no longer need. Also the lower skirt should be shorter

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 18:13 pm 
1000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

pzrwest wrote:
The reefer jackets look ok but the peacoats there are problems it appears they used the same jacket pattern for the peacoats that they used for the reefer jackets just added the buttons. To be specific the buttons are too low the bottom buttons shouldn't come below the top eadge of the lower pockets. The lapels are too low. If you were to remove the lower buttons and move them up above where they have the top buttons and re-press the lapels would be closer. The problem is how do you hide the lower button hole that you no longer need. Also the lower skirt should be shorter

I must admit, I compared the jackets against the pics in my Torpedo Los! book and noticed that the pea jackets didn't look right. However, I've purchased one of the reefer jackets as it would be appropriate for an NCO.

'Heia Safari' Facebook group page: https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/341661532588540

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 14:49 pm 
5000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

Group: AASI & 16PFA
With respect to the Coastal Artillery units in europe what was the uniform worn when on duty? Typical M43 jacket etc with Kriegsmarine Artillery markings??

Just need to answer a question for someone many thanks.

Shaun

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 15:08 pm 

Group: FallschPiBtl 5
In early wartime the soldiers got a blue dress for walking out additional to their feildgrey uniforms.
Later in the war the soldiers only got fieldgrey uniforms which they had to wear for walking out purposes, too.

Same goes for Marine-Transportstaffeln, Marine-Nachschubkompanien (supplytroops), Marine-Fahrschulen (Driving Schools) etc.

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 0:14 am 
 WWW  ICQ  YIM  Profile

coastal received fg tunics with interior lower pockets and exterior pocket flaps, no belt hook holes in the front just the sides and the back. They were also fully lined. BUT you will see some wearing m36 and m40, and m43 tunics but very rarely. The shoulderstraps were miter pointed not round like the other services similar to prewar heer type. Mainly fg but some were bottle green and some even navy blue wool. Most em straps had either winged shells or crossed anchors. Here is a link to our gefreiters handbook on our coastal marine website pages 44 through 56 show the rank and trade badges http://hometown.aol.com/greatpolarbear/ ... anual.html this should help you out. In our unit we use M40 tunics due to the fact that no one makes repro KM fg tunics. We do this so that if a member decides to leave the unit and do heer etc it's just a simple matter of changeing the breast eagle, litzen, and shoulderstraps and they aren't stuck with a tunic they can't use. But we do encourage people to convert or have correct tunics made but is not manditory
PS. All matrosen in our unit is required to study this manual before they can advance to gefreiter and above.

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 13:41 pm 
5000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

Group: AASI & 16PFA
WOW lovely thankyou for the information!!!

Shaun

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 15:32 pm 

Hi, with your permission I insert also a photo of mine about kriegsmarine uniform !

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 17:42 pm 
1000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

Nice uniform, Giuseppe. However, just to let you know, the Matrosehemd would have been tucked in.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 15:50 pm 

schafer12 wrote:
Nice uniform, Giuseppe. However, just to let you know, the Matrosehemd would have been tucked in.

Yes it's true !

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 17:47 pm 

I've heared that the KM KA men bought their Colani privately so they could get more attention from the ladies in Ostend :lol:

So, in our unit it is an additional purchase if your have all the other kit.
In our unit we let the new members buy also a M40 jacket, but we let them remove the bottom pocket and the KA buttons have to be latewar yellow (Original or repro).

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:52 am 
4000+ Poster
 YIM  Profile

Do you have any pictures of the jacket please?