WWIIReenacting.co.uk Forums

Uniting UK Re-enactors since 2003

It is currently Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:43 am

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:15 pm 
1000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

Group: Harry & Edna on the Wireless
Saw this on the BBC news website today

"The people who want the UK's gun laws relaxed"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-35588594

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 18:53 pm 
1000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

Group: WW2 Tommies
That was a surprisingly well balanced article.

Doing an Airborne impression? Want to try jumping out of an original C-47?

http://www.wwiiadt.org

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 20:03 pm 
3000+ Poster

well balanced?

it was a "look at the nutter with a gun" story.
you only thought it was well balanced because you are a nutter with a gun too

thats propaganda for you

If you have the last word and no one heard it - Did it happen? https://youtu.be/mQZmCJUSC6g

(No)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:06 am 
5000+ Poster

Group: 16PFA / AFRA
I saw the programme the other day that the article relates to, I was surprised to learn hand guns and semi auto rifles upto and including .22 rim fire are legal to own in Northern Ireland and much to my surprise handguns are OK to use for personal protection-Be interesting to see how the courts treated someone who killed in self defence, there was a positive case for gun ownership made especially relating to sport shooting such as target rifle and clay pigeon shooting and the emphasis on safety first.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:58 am 
3000+ Poster

You do remember northern ireland had a little disagree ment internally?

If you have the last word and no one heard it - Did it happen? https://youtu.be/mQZmCJUSC6g

(No)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:20 am 
5000+ Poster

Group: 16PFA / AFRA
of course but since when did the British government allow citizens to arm themselves for protection anywhere? It's always a case of the Police and Armed forces protecting us.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:43 am 
1000+ Poster

Group: A humble militaria collector at your service
Firearms proposal: impact on law-abiding citizens dominates EP committee debate (23-02-2016)
http://www.europarl.europa.eu/news/en/n ... tee-debate

"They said they wished to strengthen the good parts of the revision, but to get rid of those that create disproportionate burdens for law-abiding citizens".

Keep 'em crossed...

Give the brightest light.
Safe in your place deep in the earth
That's when they'll know what you were really worth.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 13:30 pm 
Supporter

Group: Reduit im Luft Neutral Airforces Swiss & Dutch
STOP PRESS! You have to listen to it several times,Vicky Ford's video, 23rd February. Precis of what they'll be looking at in March. Lots, Museum exemptions, Section A deacs rewrite, airsoft, lockable cabinets possibility for Section A deacs. :The Parliamentary panel have taken over the WHOLE firearms issue from the Commission, with powers. They are looking again at metallurgical and flawed standard problems, with new Deac Standard. They appear to mean the Directive and Regulation go back to back.If one isn't right, the other is unworkable. i.e the common sense approach, that the two ARE one. In other words, if Vicky Ford is reporting in March and discussion is ongoing, only someone covering themselves, or a total idiot, would roll out the Regulation, as is, on its own, now.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 16:22 pm 

At least we left the European Union behind us, so now we have a chance at getting our laws back to where they were decades ago. It now rests with our politicians alone - and I do not trust them, either!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 17:46 pm 
3000+ Poster

Rhodes wrote:
At least we left the European Union behind us, so now we have a chance at getting our laws back to where they were decades ago. It now rests with our politicians alone - and I do not trust them, either!

The Human Rights Act, working time directive, maternity leave, type approval and crash rating for motor vehicles,

will all be going back just as you wanted

(No)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 19:47 pm 

I suspect that there are a large number of employers who would love to see numbers 1,
2 and 3 withdrawn.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 21:49 pm 

lordduvet wrote:
Rhodes wrote:

The Human Rights Act, working time directive, maternity leave, type approval and crash rating for motor vehicles,

will all be going back just as you wanted

:roll:

You know exactly what I had meant. I hope that we will find back to our Christian values - resulting in sane living, more freedom and less tyranny. Included in that is the right to own weapons, including firearms. It is a God-given right and a traditional right of the British people. They even delegated the choice of restricting weapons possession from the King to parliament in fear of a wicked king trying to disarm his people. This is fine and well, but to-day we are facing a wicked government. It has become a little bit better now, however.

The bottom line is that I hope that we will get our gun rights back, and much, much more!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:51 am 
4000+ Poster

Group: Za Oberonyu! 13th GRD and WPFG
Do you live in some sort of strange dream world or something Rhodes?

Have you even looked at any kind of recent news reporting?

If you imagine that anyone is going to let the public have more firearms....

"I saw cities in Europe that were practically untouched by the war, countries that capitulated to the more powerful enemies even before war was declared, but we are not like that. Our grandfathers, our fathers, our older generation, our great leaders, fought here for each building, for each street." - First Deputy Prime Minister Dmitry Rogozin on the 70th anniversary of victory at Stalingrad

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:43 am 

Those idiots are going to kill each other off with knives, bricks, hammers, &c&c no matter what you do. They are quite inventive when it comes to mischief. Besides, the argument is about getting the good, responsible people to own firearms - not the dangerous ones. How to keep the bad ones from getting them? Ah, that is easy. How did it work before the war? You commit a serious crime and they will throw you in a cold prison on bread and water with courteous lashes if you decide to act up. The only correct penalty for murder is execution. Where are your chavs and wackos now? Trying to better their lives, I guess...

The new culture that replaced old Britain is to blame. I was genuinely scared when I was in Brighton. What a nasty place! In northern Surrey however I only found trustworthy people. The best part is that many seemed to think not too differently from me!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:44 pm 
4000+ Poster

Group: Za Oberonyu! 13th GRD and WPFG
You'll never going to get a politician signing off on "weapons for self defence" and you are never going to get automatic weapons or hand guns back in the UK.

Your argument about "people will always kill each other" is silly. Sure, you can kill with whatever - the crime statistics show you exactly how people kill each other already. A gun is a machine, a device to make a job easier. Guns which have a large magazine and a fast (automatic) reloading mechanism are designed to enable the operator to amplify the effect.

Bolt action rifles and double barreled shotguns (both of which are already perfectly legal for respectable people to own) are significantly lower risk items due to their size (being too large to just routinely carry around and difficult to conceal) and the rate of fire they can achieve (meaning that whatever outrage you might try to commit will be limited in impact).

The world is facing an upsurge in violence, their is political strife internationally (and almost certainly domestically to come), nobody is going to want to be responsible for putting their name to contributing to that inferno in the UK.

Find me one example of the UK *ever* unbanning something previously deemed dangerous to the peace?

I didn't need to write all of this did I? You already understood all of this and were just yanking my chain right?

"I saw cities in Europe that were practically untouched by the war, countries that capitulated to the more powerful enemies even before war was declared, but we are not like that. Our grandfathers, our fathers, our older generation, our great leaders, fought here for each building, for each street." - First Deputy Prime Minister Dmitry Rogozin on the 70th anniversary of victory at Stalingrad

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 13:32 pm 
3000+ Poster

If I can own a gun legally

So can Abdul.

I prefer not owning one myself

(No)