WWIIReenacting.co.uk Forums

Uniting UK Re-enactors since 2003

It is currently Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:22 am

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 13:09 pm 

Do people on here know that GSG will be makeing avalable for the UK Market a 9mm PAK blank fire MP40 that conforms to the VCR act within the UK its lauched at the War and piece revival !!!!!! :D :D :D And will be avalable from a number of different retailers !!

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 15:00 pm 

Group: Poor Bloody Infantry
Battleofbritain wrote:
that conforms to the VCR act within the UK

So... ...it's painted over 50% a luminous colour?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 15:08 pm 

McVickers wrote:
Battleofbritain wrote:
that conforms to the VCR act within the UK

So... ...it's painted over 50% a luminous colour?

NO ITS NOT if you are a re enactor film or TV use and you are a member of a re enactment group they do not have to be Orange in colour, but if you are not in any of those groups then it wopuld have to be orange, and they do not make that colour

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 16:06 pm 
4000+ Poster

Group: Za Oberonyu! 13th GRD and WPFG
I was curious, so I did a bit of google.... seems these are semi auto only? Or at least in Germany where they are made that is the case.

"I saw cities in Europe that were practically untouched by the war, countries that capitulated to the more powerful enemies even before war was declared, but we are not like that. Our grandfathers, our fathers, our older generation, our great leaders, fought here for each building, for each street." - First Deputy Prime Minister Dmitry Rogozin on the 70th anniversary of victory at Stalingrad

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 16:43 pm 
3000+ Poster
 YIM  Profile

Group: Independant
Sounds like a sales pitch to me ..?? are you involved with the company, the importers, or dealers ..??

8th USAAF
Somewhere in England

... " I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals " ...

... " I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them " ...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 16:53 pm 

Yea they are semi auto And no it's not a sales pitch

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:59 am 
4000+ Poster

Group: Za Oberonyu! 13th GRD and WPFG
I'd not want a semi only BF SMG, I mean, what's the point of that?

"I saw cities in Europe that were practically untouched by the war, countries that capitulated to the more powerful enemies even before war was declared, but we are not like that. Our grandfathers, our fathers, our older generation, our great leaders, fought here for each building, for each street." - First Deputy Prime Minister Dmitry Rogozin on the 70th anniversary of victory at Stalingrad

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:40 am 

I guess it's better than nothing at all and pull the trigger fast and it's near as dam fully auto plus I guess it saves on the cost of blanks. Some people will want though I'm sure but I posted it for info because there is not much on the market like that for the price tag I believe they are not bad money and come fully certified that they are uk VCR act complient

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 14:33 pm 
1000+ Poster

Group: Stars and Stripes LHG
Looks like another expensive piece of junk that you can't get your money back if you tried to sell it and something your lumbered with if the law changed at the flick of a pen. Looking at the type of blanks it's using you'd probably get through the amount it costs for the gun.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 15:05 pm 

Well I guess we will all have to wait and see

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 15:38 pm 
3000+ Poster
 YIM  Profile

Group: Independant
Battleofbritain wrote:
And no it's not a sales pitch

..... are you involved with the company, the importers, or dealers ..??

I'm puzzled by what you mean by VCR Act compliant .. ??

The VCR Act gives the definition of an imitation firearm and a realistic imitation firearm ... and yes lays down rules for owning/using them, it doesn't I think give specifications as such as to what they should be able to do, or not do ... that comes under the specs as laid down regarding how a BF should comply with British Govt. rules, and as we have seen, many BF guns available on the market in the EU, (I mean the continental EU) are not allowed to be sold or owned here because they don't meet those stringent rules.
Are you saying that these guns do meet those specs. and that there would be no problem buying and owning them, is that what you mean by VCR Act compliant .. ..??

8th USAAF
Somewhere in England

... " I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals " ...

... " I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them " ...

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 15:56 pm 

Yes these guns do meet the spec for the UK and can be purchased in the uk by reenactment groups film co etc. The do conform to all guidelines on imitation and blank fireing weapons for reenactment sorry for the confusion so yes I am saying they meet those specs,that allow them to be sold in the uk. They will have paperwork supplied with them to back all this info up.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 16:00 pm 
1000+ Poster

Group: Stars and Stripes LHG
I have seen no rules or specifications from the home office what design constitutes a legal BF, there is some definition from Steve Goodmans design but not any from the Home office the spec they want. It's all up in the air at the moment especial blank firing machine guns. There's no hard or fast rule for gas guns either, the coppers depending who knocks on your door could make up a load of bull until it gets to court. I am sure when a official design is produced manufacturers will make them to that spec, you can't produce something which you think is legal but is held to question by plod.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 16:16 pm 

When I know all the specs and directive nos and steel densitys I will post all I know it's it conforms to current spec I the uk

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 18:36 pm 
3000+ Poster

30thcammo wrote:
I have seen no rules or specifications from the home office what design constitutes a legal BF, there is some definition from Steve Goodmans design but not any from the Home office the spec they want. It's all up in the air at the moment especial blank firing machine guns. There's no hard or fast rule for gas guns either, the coppers depending who knocks on your door could make up a load of bull until it gets to court. I am sure when a official design is produced manufacturers will make them to that spec, you can't produce something which you think is legal but is held to question by plod.

Whether something is legal can only be tested in The courts.

If you have the last word and no one heard it - Did it happen? https://youtu.be/mQZmCJUSC6g

(No)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 13:19 pm 

Group: 2nd Armored in Europe
Battleofbritain wrote:
When I know all the specs and directive nos and steel densitys I will post all I know it's it conforms to current spec I the uk

Please do. Should be interesting for us all to see.

Look Out Below! : http://www.look-out-below.co.uk/

"The only thing stopping you, is you"