WWIIReenacting.co.uk Forums

Uniting UK Re-enactors since 2003

It is currently Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:30 am

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1616 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 97, 98, 99, 100, 101  Next
 Post subject: Re: Thunder From Heaven
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 14:55 pm 

Group: Thunder From Heaven
Back from bressingham. First time for me. But enjoyed it very much, nice accomodation over the weekend and a good catch up on what to do for the next events. Lots and lots of laughs over the perioid. Some awsome 101st reenactors, man i wish i could get a transfer. Thanks to the guys that came and who organised the event itself. Maybe some snaps to come...

Max

EX THUNDER FROM HEAVEN

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 17:40 pm 
1000+ Poster

Max, cannot agree more, a great weekend, with lots of laughs. Great to work for an organiser who could not do enough for the group. Really nice to meet up with the guys for the first show of the year, with no stress and problems whatsoever.
Bressingham is a nice location with the Dads Army museum inside, and the weather is always sunny, just like the filming of the series which was never interrupted by rain.
Max, a transfer can be arranged to the 101st, if you do not find out what time lunch time is ?

Colin

Living my dream my way

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 17:41 pm 

No need to worry no more. Its 12:45. :)

EX THUNDER FROM HEAVEN

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 11:43 am 
 WWW  Profile

Can't agree more. Great weekend lots and lots of laughs, good catching up after a long break.
I was very impressed with the hospitality of the event organiser. Lets hope it stays a weekend event for next year.
Looking at getting a dartboard now, I reckon a few days practice and I can name myself the Black Bear and get on the Darts circuit. I mean 10 minutes and I was getting trebles!!!!! nice easy past time (NOT A SPORT) !!!!!

http://www.thunderfromheaven.co.uk/

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 17:38 pm 
1000+ Poster

Trebles ! ! ! Trebles for show......doubles for dough !

Colin

Living my dream my way

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 19:59 pm 
1000+ Poster

Andy Fordham!!

Yeah thats you Richard :lol:

Living my dream my way

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 15:21 pm 

Is he as good as the dark destroyer!! :)

EX THUNDER FROM HEAVEN

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 19:24 pm 
1000+ Poster

I had a wonderful surprise late last evening, when the telephone rang at 22;00hrs. It was a friend of ours from the States Ed Pepping. He was a medic within Easy Company 506 PIR, and to say the least one of the Band of Brothers ! He was ringing on D-Day to see how we were ! Aged 92 now, he sounded well and in fine fettle, and we had a good talk on what he did on D-Day, and after. Makes one feel humble when a veteran thanks you for keeping their memory alive.

Colin

Living my dream my way

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 22:46 pm 

cool

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 18:13 pm 
1000+ Poster

The next event for Thunder-from-Heaven, is the Tank Museums show at Bovingdon : Tankfest. Hopefully the weather will be kind, as we take to the field against the Tiger.
Colin

Living my dream my way

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 18:16 pm 
1000+ Poster

What a wonderful weekend at Tankfest, with like minded people ! Had some great moments and a belly full of laughs. Not bad weather, some good food and a few drinks, too. Enjoyed watching Jesse Ventura on the .50 cal on Sunday as he peppered the Tiger ! Nice talking to some friend we have known for years, Mark Almond, Pete Skillman and Manny Trainer, to name a few. Thanks to all my guys for the hard work they put into building the set, and thanks to Bruce Crompton for the loan of the Pak38.

Best regards,
Colin

Living my dream my way

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 19:53 pm 

Great weekend again. sorry for the late arrival on Friday , as they say actions do come with consequences ;) . Nice to see the TFH club plans are in full swing. (No music and ONLY Stella). Thanks to Colin for organising the whole thing and the Tank museum for having us. Man that 50. cal is a wild beast. "Coffee mate doesn't it state the obvious" I felt bad. see you all soon.

Max

EX THUNDER FROM HEAVEN

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 19:19 pm 
1000+ Poster

No problems Max, hope you enjoyed the event, and the time with the guys. Just pleased we got all the work done on Friday and prepped the display early Saturday morning, which is thanks to all the group members attending. Ian and myself cannot do it all ourselves.
Just finished putting everything away, and vacuuming the house of all the mown grass that stuck to everything when we packed up ? Weapons all cleaned as all were covered in dust, and the grass was even in the magazine of my Springfield .
Looking forward to seeing you all in the Roncey pocket at the next event.

Colin

Living my dream my way

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 17:32 pm 

Group: AFLHA
Another thoroughly enjoyable Tankfest was had. Nice to meet some friends along the way too.

Many thanks to Colin and Ian for their hard work organising and setting the 'scene.

Thanks to the guys that turned up, good to catch up and giggle again!! Love the Ideas for You've been Nailed and for the Beiber Nightclub!!

Thanks to the organisers of the event. Things went smoothly enough, we were provided what we were promised, and we actually got our allocation of ammunition this year, no-one stole it!!

Big thanks to Bruce Compton for the loan of his very attractive Pak38, and to Ian for the loan of the 'set dressing' items on the Saturday. They certainly drew the crowds in. Looking forward to the next series of Combat Dealers now, very interesting!!! :D :D :D :D

Battle went well......... well as well as battles go I suppose. Great to se the three shermans and the Tiger flying around the arena. I could really get used to firing that 50.cal, although not too much of a fan of carrying it around. Glad you liked my 'War-daddy' face at the end........ I wasn't even looking you know!!!

Lots of public, some good displays also and plenty of 'Living the Dream'.........sort of.

Pictures will of course follow in time. . . . . . . . . I hope! :roll:

Well, what I mean by that, sir, is... if you was to put me and this here sniper rifle anywhere up to and including one mile of Adolf Hitler with a clear line of sight, sir... pack your bags, fellas, war's over. Amen.

Kirk Lazarus: I know who I am! I'm a dude playing a dude disgused as another dude!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 19:39 pm 

Well, what I mean by that, sir, is... if you was to put me and this here sniper rifle anywhere up to and including one mile of Adolf Hitler with a clear line of sight, sir... pack your bags, fellas, war's over. Amen.

Kirk Lazarus: I know who I am! I'm a dude playing a dude disgused as another dude!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 19:51 pm 

As previously stated, a very enjoyable weekend was spent at Bovington, again! Here are a few pictures we took:

Damn I loved that 50. Cal it was sweeeeet!!.......

.......or in the words of a famous philosopher.............. cool!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1616 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 97, 98, 99, 100, 101  Next