WWIIReenacting.co.uk Forums

Uniting UK Re-enactors since 2003
 

It is currently Thu Jul 18, 2019 21:39 pm

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Author Message
Offline
 Post subject: Remington Colt?
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 18:02 pm 
 Profile

Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2014 21:49 pm
Posts: 721
Real Name: Gerwyn
Wanted one, but couldn't buy a Denix one from a dealer, so I bought one of these last Friday, you can fire 2.1/2 (18 BBs to a Mag) mag's from one gas bot, it fires and feels great with blowback action, and the safety check you have to do when loading and unloading & unused BBs, blockages are just like the real thing, down side, to much printed information on it, looking to get a repro hip holster for it.


You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

_________________
My most powerful weapon, my TV remote-control


Top
 

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username
Offline
 Post subject: Re: Remington Colt?
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 17:55 pm 
 Profile

Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2014 21:49 pm
Posts: 721
Real Name: Gerwyn
Any ideas on what I should do to it, to take the new look away.

_________________
My most powerful weapon, my TV remote-control


Top
 

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Remington Colt?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 18:13 pm 
 Profile

Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2014 21:49 pm
Posts: 721
Real Name: Gerwyn
Well I didn't mess around trying to make look used, been looking at getting wooden grips, if I had the right equipment I'd have a go at making them myself, I have no idea how the strap fits around the leg :oops:, what do you think.


You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

_________________
My most powerful weapon, my TV remote-control


Top
 

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Remington Colt?
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:33 am 
 Profile

Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2013 13:37 pm
Posts: 354
Location: Yankeeland
Group: Hampshire Regt.
pioneer64 wrote:
Well I didn't mess around trying to make look used, been looking at getting wooden grips, if I had the right equipment I'd have a go at making them myself, I have no idea how the strap fits around the leg :oops:, what do you think.


My 1943 Colt has the original trips, they are brown Bakelite.


Top
 

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Remington Colt?
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:27 am 
 Profile

Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2014 21:49 pm
Posts: 721
Real Name: Gerwyn
Brenmk1 wrote:
pioneer64 wrote:
Well I didn't mess around trying to make look used, been looking at getting wooden grips, if I had the right equipment I'd have a go at making them myself, I have no idea how the strap fits around the leg :oops:, what do you think.


My 1943 Colt has the original trips, they are brown Bakelite.


Hi Brenmk1

Can you still get the brown bakelite grips.

Gerwyn

_________________
My most powerful weapon, my TV remote-control


Top
 

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Remington Colt?
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:32 am 
 Profile

Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2013 13:37 pm
Posts: 354
Location: Yankeeland
Group: Hampshire Regt.
Gerwyn,

Here we go, looks to be a decent price on the more common ones. If you need help with shipping, just let me know.
http://www.simpsonltd.com/index.php?cPath=201_262

Paul


Top
 

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Remington Colt?
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 17:32 pm 
 Profile

Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2014 21:49 pm
Posts: 721
Real Name: Gerwyn
Brenmk1 wrote:
Gerwyn,

Here we go, looks to be a decent price on the more common ones. If you need help with shipping, just let me know.
http://www.simpsonltd.com/index.php?cPath=201_262

Paul


Hi Paul

Thank for your link, and for the offer, had a quick look, his it me or what, but they all to me have the same pattern :? .

Gerwyn

_________________
My most powerful weapon, my TV remote-control


Top
 

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Remington Colt?
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 17:36 pm 
 Profile

Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2014 21:49 pm
Posts: 721
Real Name: Gerwyn
Nice sunny day, so I thought I would take a photo in the garden 8) .


You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

_________________
My most powerful weapon, my TV remote-control


Top
 

Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
cron