WWIIReenacting.co.uk Forums

Uniting UK Re-enactors since 2003

It is currently Fri Dec 13, 2019 14:21 pm

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1616 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101  Next
 Post subject: Re: Thunder From Heaven
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:52 am 

Group: Thunder From Heaven
Thanks for a great first season guys.

Max

EX THUNDER FROM HEAVEN

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 16:16 pm 

Nice photo from Tankfest.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

EX THUNDER FROM HEAVEN

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:13 am 
1000+ Poster

The next event for TfH is our 10th annual photo-shoot on the them of Operation Varsity, the crossing of the Rhine. This was under the command of the US XVIII Airborne Corps, with the British 6th Airborne and 17thUS Airborne Divisions under its command. The location is close to Peterborough and the date is this Sunday.

Colin

Living my dream my way

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 18:02 pm 
1000+ Poster

Thanks to all for the efforts on Sunday, as it was time consuming to set up the props for the individual shots. The theme was a heavy weapons unit during the first few days of Operation Varsity. The weather was excellent but at times a bit to bright for some of the pictures.
Colin

Living my dream my way

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 20:57 pm 

Group: AFLHA
Yes a very enjoyable day had again portraying our favourite impression. As Colin said, we covered the heavy weapons area this year...... :twisted:

the pictures actually came out very well with very few spoiled by the sun! I decided not to add any effects at this stage, so as to be able to see all the details in the pictures, as they say the devil is in........

So just a few pics as a teaser...........and yes......... more to follow :wink:

Well, what I mean by that, sir, is... if you was to put me and this here sniper rifle anywhere up to and including one mile of Adolf Hitler with a clear line of sight, sir... pack your bags, fellas, war's over. Amen.

Kirk Lazarus: I know who I am! I'm a dude playing a dude disgused as another dude!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 17:00 pm 

Thanks for the day guys. Nice to catch up. Been awhile Chris! :) Best rocket names i have ever seen.
Thanks to ian and colin and all the guys. See you all soon.

Max

EX THUNDER FROM HEAVEN

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 17:05 pm 

Again great photos, thank you for showing them.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 18:21 pm 
1000+ Poster

Well we do try ! Some of the props, were only just finished in time, and the devil is in the detail of course. Thanks Chris for putting the pictures on here.

Colin

Living my dream my way

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 15:01 pm 
5000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

Group: FSSF-UK
Not wanting to hijack yer thread guys, but I found this on La Difensa, in Italy... I was wi my binos looking down the Liri Valley towards Cassino turned around and there it was lying on the ground, open to the elements, I must have passed it without seeing it first!

Strange, they only post in my threads when it's controversial, seems they want to vent their spleens whilst claiming victimhood ; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEwVpWFyy3M

"I don't use the pozi net ,because there are too many left wing oversensitive retards on there..."

"I reflect on the infamous 1987 photograph by American artist Andres Serrano that depicts a crucifix submerged in a glass of the artist's urine. I remember all the leftists that jeered and mocked me, and many Christians like me, for being bruised by that photograph (the title of which I would rather not verbalize). They scoffed and told us to get a life. These are the same people today, unsurprisingly, who are stridently arguing for curtailment of free speech not to offend Muslims."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 17:13 pm 
1000+ Poster

Paul,

It is a German 81mm mortar bomb, and it looks like it has no nose cone. Did it have any explosive powder in it, probably congealed ?
Colin

Living my dream my way

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 17:14 pm 
5000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

Group: FSSF-UK
de45 wrote:
Paul,

It is a German 81mm mortar bomb, and it looks like it has no nose cone. Did it have any explosive powder in it, probably congealed ?
Colin

Took it back to Angelo's house (my mate who lives at the bottom of La Difensa and has a museum dedicted to the units who fought around Caspoli), he just looked and said "no no, dangerous" and put it away to be done whatever to it ...

Strange, they only post in my threads when it's controversial, seems they want to vent their spleens whilst claiming victimhood ; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEwVpWFyy3M

"I don't use the pozi net ,because there are too many left wing oversensitive retards on there..."

"I reflect on the infamous 1987 photograph by American artist Andres Serrano that depicts a crucifix submerged in a glass of the artist's urine. I remember all the leftists that jeered and mocked me, and many Christians like me, for being bruised by that photograph (the title of which I would rather not verbalize). They scoffed and told us to get a life. These are the same people today, unsurprisingly, who are stridently arguing for curtailment of free speech not to offend Muslims."

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 14:09 pm 

A very late additional pictures update from the recent photo shoot.......damn real life gets busy sometimes!

Well, what I mean by that, sir, is... if you was to put me and this here sniper rifle anywhere up to and including one mile of Adolf Hitler with a clear line of sight, sir... pack your bags, fellas, war's over. Amen.

Kirk Lazarus: I know who I am! I'm a dude playing a dude disgused as another dude!

Last edited by Whitefeather on Tue May 05, 2015 14:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 14:17 pm 

Plus.......Two little sneaky pics taken last year at our Bovvy event. Many thanks to Max for these!!

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 14:55 pm 

Cheers chris.

Max

EX THUNDER FROM HEAVEN

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 20:36 pm 

:wink:

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 16:11 pm 
1000+ Poster

Nice :wink:

Living my dream my way

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1616 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101  Next