WWIIReenacting.co.uk Forums

Uniting UK Re-enactors since 2003

It is currently Tue Mar 31, 2020 18:23 pm

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:56 am 
3000+ Poster

My hobby i do what i like. Didnt know it was now against the rules to portray different time periods at different shows. But hey you clearly know much more than i do so please enlighten oh great one....

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username
PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:57 am 
3000+ Poster
 YIM  Profile

Group: Independant
Wide Load wrote:
Oh im sorry didn't realise you was the reenactment police. Geez sorry officer... i wont spend my time showing the public different sides of history.....

Knob.

Im not .... but as you seem to feel you have the right to belittle others, then I too reserve the right to make points of my own ... dont like it ... kitchen, heat come to mind .. your quote ... !!!

8th USAAF
Somewhere in England

... " I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals " ...

... " I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them " ...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:58 am 
3000+ Poster

I dont care what you say. You are a keyboard warrior.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:01 pm 
3000+ Poster
 YIM  Profile

A knob has many uses matey .. open doors, drawers cupboards with it, switch things on an off with it, pull or push things with it ... but of course to use yours all you have to do is take your hat off .... !!!!!

8th USAAF
Somewhere in England

... " I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them " ...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:01 pm 
3000+ Poster

This is fun. If i wanted childishness id talk to my Stepdaughter. You carry on living your fantasy....

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:03 pm 
3000+ Poster
 YIM  Profile

'Keyboard warrior' ... why ... because I give as good as I get ... because I can put fools in their place they way they belittle and demean others .... lifes a two way street, if you cant take it, dont give it ... simples .... !!!

8th USAAF
Somewhere in England

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:06 pm 
3000+ Poster
 YIM  Profile

There goes the back off .... all talk ... dont like it do you ... resort to name calling etc., then when it gets too much you walk away ... all I did is what you and others like you have done, expressed an opinion, only of course Im not part of the elite here am I so Im not allowed to ... you were the one that got shitty mister ... not me .. well not until I decided I wasnt going to take your crap .. !!

8th USAAF
Somewhere in England

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:17 pm 

Group: 2nd Armoured In Europe
Please Gentlemen can we keep this thread civil and on topic......continual bitching and baiting does our hobby no good at all

Offer constructive critiscism yes.....but lets keep it to pms or emails off board.

Allan please pm me regarding your issue with Andy and we can try to rectify

Thanks

Lloyd

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:21 pm 
3000+ Poster

Correspondent wrote:
Cant make your mind up what you want to be ... English, German French US ... soldier, sailor, airman, marine .. maybe you need to get out of re-enactment .. ?????

The one thing that DID NOT HAPPEN .. was for people to change nationality or service ... re-enactment my ass.. !!!!

You do know its all pretend?

If you have the last word and no one heard it - Did it happen? https://youtu.be/mQZmCJUSC6g

(No)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:55 pm 
4000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

Group: AFRA
Why is wearing more than one uniform in persuit of your hobby not re-enacting? I cant find such a notion in any dictionary or thesaurus.
It might be that you have a narrow field of interest and want to dedicate all your time and resources to that one impression. Thats fine and dandy, get stuck in.
But to tell others they cant have more than one as they are not re-enacting if they do is re-enactor fascism of the worst sort. To go on to claim some pathetic victory when it seems obvious to me that the other party just gave up as reason was getting nowhere or perhaps went to work or to the shops is sad. I mean really, kids on the street have a word for that.
To me only having one impression shows a lack of imagination, perhaps knowledge and certainly flexibility. I love the flexibility many uniforms give me. I can fit in with friends, family and events.
There is something rather commiserable about the lone wolf display.

"Truth is a shining goddess, always veiled, always distant, never wholly approachable, but worthy of all the devotion of which the human spirit is capable. "
"Truth is incontrovertible, ignorance can deride it, panic may resent it, malice may destroy it, but there it is."

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 14:24 pm 
5000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

Group: FSSF-UK
Correspondent wrote:
Cant make your mind up what you want to be ... English, German French US ... soldier, sailor, airman, marine .. maybe you need to get out of re-enactment .. ?????

The one thing that DID NOT HAPPEN .. was for people to change nationality or service ... re-enactment my ass.. !!!!

See, the arrogance of the Englishman rearing it's ugly head, once again :roll:

It's British my dear chap, it was the British Army, the English army hasn't existed for some centuries...

Strange, they only post in my threads when it's controversial, seems they want to vent their spleens whilst claiming victimhood ; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEwVpWFyy3M

"I don't use the pozi net ,because there are too many left wing oversensitive retards on there..."

"I reflect on the infamous 1987 photograph by American artist Andres Serrano that depicts a crucifix submerged in a glass of the artist's urine. I remember all the leftists that jeered and mocked me, and many Christians like me, for being bruised by that photograph (the title of which I would rather not verbalize). They scoffed and told us to get a life. These are the same people today, unsurprisingly, who are stridently arguing for curtailment of free speech not to offend Muslims."

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 14:29 pm 
5000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

Group: FSSF-UK
LeMaitre wrote:
There is something rather commiserable about the lone wolf display.

Awww bless, thanks man :roll: 8)

Though, some of us don't have millions of £s :wink: And, have other interests which take up valuable funds and resources, I don't begrudge anyone multi impressions, but as it has been said "a point in every direction, is the same as no point at all" and I don't fall for this "multi tasking" female propaganda either :wink: :D

Strange, they only post in my threads when it's controversial, seems they want to vent their spleens whilst claiming victimhood ; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEwVpWFyy3M

"I don't use the pozi net ,because there are too many left wing oversensitive retards on there..."

"I reflect on the infamous 1987 photograph by American artist Andres Serrano that depicts a crucifix submerged in a glass of the artist's urine. I remember all the leftists that jeered and mocked me, and many Christians like me, for being bruised by that photograph (the title of which I would rather not verbalize). They scoffed and told us to get a life. These are the same people today, unsurprisingly, who are stridently arguing for curtailment of free speech not to offend Muslims."

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 17:24 pm 
2000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

Correspondent wrote:

Does this mean I have to sell all my sniper rifles and uniforms?

Or better yet, where's my "ignore" button :lol:

Paul.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 19:57 pm 
3000+ Poster

"Does this mean I have to sell all my sniper rifles and uniforms?"

that might take a while - best dump them in a skip. PM me if you need a skip delivering :D

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 20:02 pm 
3000+ Poster

"Cant make your mind up what you want to be ... English, German French US ... soldier, sailor, airman, marine .. maybe you need to get out of re-enactment .. ?????"

Cool - using Matchlocks against MG34s - we can storm Dunkirk instead of eveacuating it :shock:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 22:18 pm 
1000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

Group: QRRLHG, SRLHS, Independant.
Correspondent wrote:

Reenactment...
It's a hobby.
I reenact the following.
19th Century American West
Pre WW1 US - Mexican Expedition
WW1 British
WW2 German / Canadian / British
And then there are the beer tent uniforms...
You have to be very slim minded to think you can only portray one thing in reenactment. Get over it, and yourself.

Queen's Royal Regiment Living History Group
Suffolk Regiment Living History Society

Independent

BLOODY JERRY!