WWIIReenacting.co.uk Forums

Uniting UK Re-enactors since 2003

It is currently Tue Oct 22, 2019 19:00 pm

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:19 pm 

Hi, I don't know too much about replicas but i've picked up an old RMI/MGC colt 1911A1-67 metal replica in top condition & am trying to get it to fire pfc cartridges with not much luck. The original brass cartridges are not made anymore, only new type with plastic caps are available.

These metal colts were originally made to use solid brass cartridges that had a paper cap pushed in the end but i haven't got any with it. So i'm trying to get the new type to work in it but the det pin in the barrel isn't long enough!

Does or has anyone been successful converting these really old replicas to use the new type pfc cartridges or converting the pfc cartridges? Any help would be great i will put some photo's on this post of the gun/barrel pin.

Thanks in advance, regards......

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:30 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:49 am 

I guess no one has seen one of these replicas before or made one fire the new pfc cartridges???

It's one of the best quality ones i've ever come across, strips exactly the same as a real one (but made of alloy)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:53 am 
3000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

Group: AFRA
Get in touch with www.modelguncollector.co.uk . They will know how to do it if it's at all possible. Very friendly chaps to deal with :)

http://www.afra.org.uk

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:10 am 

I did, they are so busy at the moment with the vcr act they didn't have the time to help at the moment. I couldn't even order any .45 pfc cartridges off them due to the mad rush before it's tha law (vcr) There's at least a 2-3 week wait just for pfc shells let alone a replacement abs barrel, new det etc. I guess everyone is buying all their stock up before it's actually "THE LAW!!"

Thankyou anyway i'll keep emailing them & modelguns.co.uk to try & get somewhere. The MP40 site never got back to me either as i thought they could help/advise.

Regards........

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:39 am 
4000+ Poster

Was this the one on Speedbid a few weeks ago?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:24 am 

Hi thanks for getting back to me, yes it was, there was another one a few months ago on gundeals but it wasn't in as good condition & made more money as holster & belt was being sold with it.

Do you know much about them, i'm not having any luck anywhere! Just sitting in a draw at the mo after i re-blued it (it had been painted with airfix paint i think). I don't want to fiddle with it until i know more about it incase i break it as it's not a steel one.

I used to have a live 1911A1 on a fac years ago before the ban & this replica looks & strips exactly the same, i wouldn't be surprized if the parts would interchange with a de-act. The only difference is the firing pin.

Regards.......P.S. I used alloy blackening liquid to re-blue it as its not steel & the result is very good, i'd recommend to anyone with a worn alloy replica that needs a reblue.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:47 am 
4000+ Poster

fatkat100 wrote:
Hi thanks for getting back to me, yes it was, there was another one a few months ago on gundeals but it wasn't in as good condition & made more money as holster & belt was being sold with it.

Do you know much about them, i'm not having any luck anywhere! Just sitting in a draw at the mo after i re-blued it (it had been painted with airfix paint i think). I don't want to fiddle with it until i know more about it incase i break it as it's not a steel one.

I used to have a live 1911A1 on a fac years ago before the ban & this replica looks & strips exactly the same, i wouldn't be surprized if the parts would interchange with a de-act. The only difference is the firing pin.

Regards.......P.S. I used alloy blackening liquid to re-blue it as its not steel & the result is very good, i'd recommend to anyone with a worn alloy replica that needs a reblue.

Aha,thought it was you as i see your name very often bidding on Speedbid :wink:

Cant help you im afraid,you have tried the 2 obvious places with no luck-Sorry

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 16:46 pm 

Hi fatkat100 i have just purchased the same replica and was wondering if you managed to get it. converted? As I bought this thinking it was the pfc model, but the advert was misleading as it didn't mention it was the rmi version. Cheers

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 19:38 pm 

Hi AshBash3486,

Did you get a reply?

Kind regards
Steve