WWIIReenacting.co.uk Forums

Uniting UK Re-enactors since 2003

It is currently Tue Sep 17, 2019 20:17 pm

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 13:30 pm 

Kameraden,

Just thought I would post something about our Living History group. As some of you may be aware, Panzer Füsilier Regiment Großdeutschland is a well established group of some 10 years. During that time it has been a “part-time” group, participating in select events due to its members commitments to other units. This has now changed as the unit has made the decision to become a “full-time” living history group. Affiliated to A.F.R.A., the unit took part in three events in the latter part of 2007, two of which alongside our sister unit, 2 Kompanie, Panzer Grenadier Regiment Großdeutschland.

As mentioned above, we are primarily a living history group while at public events but also take part in private tactical/living history scenarios where we attempt to correctly adhere to authentic WW2 German gruppe tactics. The unit owns an OT810, converted to simulate an SPW251.

We are actively seeking like-minded individuals who wish to portray the men of the Panzer Füsilier Regiment Großdeutschland to a quality degree. Our ethos is that of the Großdeutschland; we are a volunteer unit where high standards are expected and given by all ranks. We have chosen to use the word “volunteer”, as it means those who join us choose to adopt these standards should they enlist.

The quality that we look for and admire most in those who wish to volunteer for the Großdeutschland is attitude – the right attitude. We are fortunate enough to have men who all possess this quality, and we know there are many more. If you would like to understand more about our Living History group then please visit http://www.gd-uk.org we look forward to hearing from you.

Drauf Dran Drüber!

Bauer

Last edited by Bauer on Fri Sep 10, 2010 20:14 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 15:08 pm 
 WWW  ICQ  Profile

Group: WW2 Living History Association Ltd www.ww2lha.com
Afternoon Sir,

How's tricks?

Dave (he of the Feldgendarmerie!)

LHA members

Last edited by Feldjager on Mon Dec 10, 2007 15:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 15:18 pm 
2000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

Freudian Slip Dave?
Nice to see PzFs GD on here - I started a thread but it seems to have disappeared!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 16:11 pm 

Feldjager wrote:
Afternoon Sir,

How's tricks?

Dave (he of the Feldgendarmerie!)

Hello Dave,

Not too bad thanks. As you know there are very few (if any) other chaps who are registered on here or panzergrenadier.co.uk, just thought I'd post something re our small effort.

On another note, thanks for your help earlier this year re advice etc, greatly appreciated. Hope to see you in the not too distant.

Bauer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 16:16 pm 

PanzerGrenadier wrote:
Freudian Slip Dave?
Nice to see PzFs GD on here - I started a thread but it seems to have disappeared!!!!!!

Hello Paul

Thanks for your help also earlier this year, we appreciate it. Looking forward to a good 2008 working with our sister unit 2Kp, PGGD and yourselves.

Bauer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 16:55 pm 
2000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

Oh there's plenty coming up!!!! just pick and choose the good ones!!!! :lol:

Quality over quantity every time - Especially where PzFs are concerned.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:02 pm 

Kameraden,

Frohe Weihnachten und ein glückliches neues Jahr!

Particularly to our sister unit, 2 Kompanie, PGGD and the men of 916GR.

Bauer

Last edited by Bauer on Fri May 09, 2008 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 15:48 pm 

Guten abend

PFRGD has just completed an update of our website including revised unit history, organisational structure, dedicated biographies of key figures and galleries of our work in 2006/2007. We are actively recruiting, looking for individuals prepared to meet among the highest standards of authenticity in WW2 German living history, through both their attitude and commitment. If you believe you have the qualities we are looking for, we look forward to hearing from you via the website.

We hope you enjoy visiting http://www.gd-uk.org/

Drauf Dran Druber!

Bauer

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 12:47 pm 

Hi all

We have now made further updates to our website, including:

- Photos of our recent living history event, (photos of our very successful training w/e will be uploaded soon also)
- Events page
- Four research articles (courtesy of some excellent work from one of our members. If you wish to use this work, then please contact us via the website)
- Unit forum
- Video footage of vehicle training day
- Recruitment page (work in progress)

We hope you enjoy our latest efforts.

All the best

Bauer
http://www.gd-uk.org

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 19:36 pm 

Hi all

Just to let you know that we have now uploaded our training event photos (amongst a re-organised gallery page) and updated our links.

We hope you enjoy the update.

Thanks

Bauer
www.gd-uk.org

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 13:02 pm 

Good afternoon all,

Just to let you know that we have now uploaded an "About Us" page to our website that provides background information and answers to frequently asked questions about our group.

Please feel free to take a look at http://www.gd-uk.org

All the best

Bauer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 21:44 pm 

Hello all

Just a note to say we have uploaded Beltring pics to our website at www.gd-uk.org

All the best

Bauer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:45 am 

Hallo

Please feel free to browse our website www.gd-uk.org which has a new series of photos along with a new research article.

All the best

Bauer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:53 am 

Glad to see Pz Fuz Regt GD is still going,as i had heard rumors you had split up.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 13:50 pm 

Hallo Matt

It's strange how rumours get going as we have actually gone in completely the opposite direction, and are now a bona fide full-time impression. Rather than us disappearing into the ether, we have made massive strides this last year in getting ourselves set behind the scenes. This includes a solid first years membership (beyond expectations actually), a resurgent website that has literally sky-rocketed in terms of "hits", and (in my opinion), a bi-monthly newsletter that many interest groups (of any hobby) would be very proud of.

I suppose though that any incorrect rumour may be a consequence of our (relatively) low profile. One that the unit maintained over 10 years or so (when part-time). That said the emphasis has changed a little now, hence we try and keep people updated with what we are about and what we have achieved, rather than totally hiding our light under a bushel!

If you were not aware, we are still fortunate enough to have some very knowledgable living historians as members of PFRGD, but in addition now have fresh blood to keep the old sweats on their toes! :D

On that note, we are always looking for new members who have the attitude and desire we look for in a Panzer Fusilier.

For those who want to know more please see here for what we are about - http://www.gd-uk.org/aboutus.html

I would imagine that members of all groups out there are proud of their unit and I am no different. I for one am certainly proud, and indeed privileged to be a part of a quality unit that has a great bunch of blokes.

Look forward to bumping into you at an event next year, or if you are in London this w/e, you could tag along on our social get together we are having.

Cheers

Bauer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:31 pm 

Nick,As GD Recon has joined WW2 LHA any chance you lot might consider it ? it would be nice to have everyone back together ,matt.