WWIIReenacting.co.uk Forums

Uniting UK Re-enactors since 2003

It is currently Sun Mar 29, 2020 19:10 pm

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 281 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 18  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 20:19 pm 
1000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

Group: Poland '39 LHG; Odwach Polish army of 1939-1945
Agreed wholeheartedly! Which is why I like re-enacting the ordinary soldier - a Soviet or Polish infantryman is all I want to portray!

Poland - first to fight!

Member of Poland '39 LHG & Odwach - 1939 Polish army

https://www.facebook.com/Poland1939
http://www.odwach.pl/

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:11 am 
 WWW  Profile

Group: Par-Sang-Versé
It is much more fun as well to portray the normal soldier, well i find any way..

Post subject: Greek Army 1940-41
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 21:04 pm 

Group: 1stGreek-Mtn.Brigade.Royal Hellenic Gendamerie
Hello :wink: :wink: :wink: 8)

Thanks for the Support about what i sayed Portrayeing the Hobby . We all Here are Open-Minded People who had a Common Interest Tp portrayed ww2 in the most authentic way as Possible ok.ok we can never Reached 100% but when we Reach 90-95% that is from my point of View Enough but the View Remain on 100%. I Think we all have Better Things do to To salute
every Gen.Eisenhower-Patton-Rommel we See on Different Fairs-or reenactments who his only legitimation is that Someone Looks Hardly just like the Pre-announced Generals and played this with his own kind of Legitimation and without the Permission of the Ancestors and Family Members .But back on the Correct Track to this Theme who is Greek Army 1940-1941 can somebody tell me who i can find Pictures or newsreall movietone,s about the MegaraDrop in Oct.1944 in wich Parts of the Brit.Airborne-Division had Helped too liberate Athens .

Greets:
Black Adder :roll: :wink: :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:17 am 
 WWW  Profile

I had a look, couldn't find a trace of it..... no pics kust a litle writing
sorry
rob

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 19:51 pm 
 WWW  Profile

pasta asciutta wrote:
How about the reenacting side of it? - are there any reenactors out
there doing WWII Greeks? Speaking as somone who does Italian,
t'would be nice to hear from you. "Una faccia una razza!".

Well pasta at the momment i am putting together a Tropical Bersaglieri uniform and am going to find a group soon, but not greek i'm afraid, only Italian :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 20:27 pm 
 WWW  Profile

got some pics here
Sergeant, Greek army 1940...Under British Mk1 helmet can just be seen the badges on the side cap which he wears underneath. Arm-of-service colour (for infantry appears on the collar although this was often omitted during th war, and his sergeants' chevrons are on the left sleeve. The rifle is a 6.5 Mannlicher M1903/14

from left to right:
Lieutenant, Greek army 1941. The kepi is the pre-war model with rank distinction lace. Rank badges are worn in the shoulder straps, while the black collar patches inicate artillery. As a mounted officer this lieutenant wears riding breeches and boots. In addition to his 'Sam Browne' belt he carries binoculars and a map case
Lieutenant-Colonel Greek army 1941. The service dress worn by this officer is almost identical to the British model with metal rank badges on the shoulder straps. The greek crown above an enamel cokade in the greek national colours was worn on most head dresses. The arm of service was denoted by the dark red gorget patch with yellow grenade for infantry officers
Private greek army 1941. This Evzone wears the greek stell helmet over his side cap and the coarse compressed goat-fleece cape over his service dress. Instead if the more typical pantaloons and putees this stlwart wears the tight pantaloons, stockings and footwear, which were the military version of the native dress of the greek mountain dwellers. Again, the enamel cokade is clearly visable on the cap.

If the writing of the designations is too small to see then PM me for them

from left to right:
Wing commander greek airforce 1941. Air force officers with the rank of squadron leader and above wore a row of gold embroidered oakleaves on the cao peak. Rank distiction lace on the cuffs followed the navy pattern and had a diamond shaped 'curl' on the upper row. The embroidered wings are worn on the left breast above the ribbons.
Able seaman Greek navy 1941. This seaman in parade dress is dressed like a 'matelot' in the British Royal Navy. The inscription on the cap tally reads, B. Naytikon. The red chevron on his arm indicates his rank and the torpedo badge his speciality. He is armed with and M1903/14 rifle

If you would like a chart of Greek Air force and naval insignia PM me and i will send a chart to you!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 23:29 pm 

Hey Robou :D :D 8) :lol: :wink:

Where you get that Stuff It,S Magnificient Especially the Pictures .By the Way when you had the Complette Ital.Uniform Please send or Post Pictures.

Greets:

Black Adder / Petros

:roll: :roll: :roll: :wink: :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:13 am 
 WWW  Profile

the book is called: The Armed Forces of World War II (Uniforms, Insignia And Organisation)
i covers almost everything from German to Danish, UK to mexico. So any pics you want just PM me
regards
rob

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:11 am 

Mollo's book turns up on ebay UK quite often. That's where I got mine, and it's well worth having as the most comprehensive guide to WW2 uniforms that I can think of.

'In the Name of the People!'

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 19:12 pm 

Hey Rob 8) 8) :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol:

The Same Book but not For WW2 -for WW1 with the Illustrated Plates i have here in my Archive .Hmmh i must try to get that Book about WW2. But thanks too you for the Info.

Greeets :roll: :wink: :wink: 8) :(

Black Adder

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 22:11 pm 

I suppose this is sort of relevant

:lol:

'In the Name of the People!'

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:51 am 
Forum Legend

Group: Unable to commit
Bolosboss wrote:
Mollo's book turns up on ebay UK quite often. That's where I got mine, and it's well worth having as the most comprehensive guide to WW2 uniforms that I can think of.

50p at a Car Booty.......all of the illustrations are taken from photos.

Lo, There Do They Call To Me, And Beg Me To Take My Place
In The Halls Of Valhalla, Where the Brave Shall Live Forever

In the chaos of battle, when the ground beneath your feet is a slurry of blood, puke, p**s and the entrails of friends and enemies alike, it's easy to turn to the gods for salvation. But it's soldiers who do the fighting, and soldiers who do the dying, and the gods never get their feet wet.

One enemy is never enough, two is far too many
"Bravery is being the only one who knows you're afraid."
Jo Hukam

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 13:39 pm 

Hey. :lol: :lol: 8) 8) :wink:

good Photos=Good Illustrations.

Bad Photos = Worse Illustrations .

For me that is Logical

Ah by The way Bolosboss : Only my Point of View Better Dressed in an Uncommon Uniform or at least Fancy then to Portrayed the 15000th Us-Soldier Who walk the Lane Smile and think he is Victorious only by Showing us his Bleached Teath.Please dont Think i had no Kind of Humour
but to Show a Greek Guardsmen even a Caricature ( Funny) From my Point of View the more Funny of the Two will be the Fellow Yank.The Guardsmen represent a State -A Tradition of a Whole Nation its Past its Future .The Yank Represent someone who had a Hole in his Trousers and Fortunatley Drop By too see Somenthing. Better to make some Extravaganza then to be Standard .Dont Take this Comments to Serious
i Am an Openminded Men but it Me me Sick These Impertinent Comments in the public in the Papers about Greeks had an Historicall Past and from then Now they had done Nothing that is Absolute False .The People who Write such Kind of S*** are very Less Educated or Comlettly
M*D.

Greets to ALL .

Black Adder

Post subject: Re: Greek Army 1940-41
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 13:43 pm 

[quote="Black Adder"]Hey. :lol: :lol: 8) 8) :wink:

good Photos=Good Illustrations.

Bad Photos = Worse Illustrations .

For me that is Logical

Ah by The way Bolosboss : Only my Point of View Better Dressed in an Uncommon Uniform or at least Fancy then to Portrayed the 15000th Us-Soldier Who walk the Lane Smile and think he is Victorious only by Showing us his Bleached Teath.Please dont Think i had no Kind of Humour
but to Show a Greek Guardsmen even a Caricature ( Funny) From my Point of View the more Funny of the Two will be the Fellow Yank.The Guardsmen represent a State -A Tradition of a Whole Nation its Past its Future .The Yank Represent someone who had a Hole in his Trousers and Fortunatley Drop By too see Somenthing. Better to make some Extravaganza then to be Standard .Dont Take this Comments to Serious
i Am an Openminded Men but it Me me Sick These Impertinent Comments in the public in the Papers about Greeks had an Historicall Past and from then Now they had done Nothing that is Absolute False .The People who Write such Kind of S*** are very Less Educated or Comlettly
M*D.

So are you of these Greek peeps then, I askingly?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 13:53 pm 

Hey . 8)

Please wpww @

Can you Translate your Question in a more Common English of Course than i can Answer you What is " Greek peeps " this word does not Exist in my Archive-Dictionary Etc.Etc

greets:

Black Adder

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 13:57 pm 

Well, no I can't because I only speak English.
Are you Greek?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 281 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 18  Next