WWIIReenacting.co.uk Forums

Uniting UK Re-enactors since 2003

It is currently Sat Nov 17, 2018 23:38 pm

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 22:15 pm 
5000+ Poster

Location: Performing my Internationalist Duty in the People's Democratic Republic of Felixstan
Comrades,

The 2nd Guards Rifle Division is a non-politcal nationally based re-enactment unit representing the Red Army of Workers and Peasants (RKKA) of the Great Patriotic War.

We attend the major re-enactment events up and down the country putting on living history displays to educated the public about the role of the Soviet Union in WW2.

Big on authenticity and knowledge, but we are also big on enjoying ourselves!

Those without a sense of humour and a desire to achieve need not apply!

Our displays are well known and highly regarded and feature a wide variety of aspects of the Red Army's history.

We also put on many mock battles against the fascist hoardes, emerging victorious as ever!

The unit welcomes recruits both male and female of pretty much any age. Women served many roles with the Soviets, combat included!

The only restriction placed is that those under 17 cannot use firing weapons in the mock battles.

You will also get a chance to take part in unit trips abroad to see both historical places related to the Red Army and to take part in mock battles with our Comrades in Eastern Europe.

We are a comparatively large group, but very friendly!

If you would like to find out more or even come along just for a try out (we have spare uniforms in our stores!), visit our new website:

http://2ndguards.com

Remember, RKKA re-enactment is the cheapest WW2 re-enactment you will find -very proletarian ;-)

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 18:18 pm 
4000+ Poster

Just wanted to say, if you want a unit that is friendly, takes care of its members, provides excellent food and always has something for you to do at events without having anything on the display that isn't authentic the Guards are the ones for you.

Ð

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 20:40 pm 

kozlov do you have to bring your own (purely defenceive)spoon too?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 21:35 pm 
5000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

Location: WPFG Centre. (Operating within Moscow Centre's Scale of Norms)
Group: Za Ob/WPFG Complex e i gentiluomini.
Urrah!! to the fine words about the Glorious 2nd Guards, they are an excellant group who know their subject.
If you have the Spirit of Mother Russia burning in your Breast then to die :shock: in your Thousands :( ..for Comrade Stalin :twisted: and Mother Russia is for you!.
Throw back Pit Vipers :twisted: , Liberate Eastern Europe from oppression :? , look like you haven't changed your clothes in 4 weeks 8) , be purely defensive 8), carry a Spoon with good reason :oops: ..... be a Star 8) .....

A Big red one at that :wink: ... :D

"We have internal enemies. We have external enemies. This, comrades, must not be forgotten for a single moment"
( Comrade Stalin, 1928)

"Who watches The Watchmen?"... The NKVD.

"The Devil came to me one night, he struck his claws into my hands, I prayed for him to stop but he wouldn't .....so I told him to F' off..... he did".
(An old Russia lady)

"We will fight for peace until there isn't one stone left standing on another".
(Soviet folk-saying)

"Gesplitzenblitz !" ( Peter Sellers)

"To err is to be arrested ".
"To forgive is not within the Scale of Norms".

Last edited by Viktor on Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 22:24 pm 
5000+ Poster

Location: Performing my Internationalist Duty in the People's Democratic Republic of Felixstan
The unchained dog wrote:
kozlov do you have to bring your own (purely defenceive)spoon too?

Da! However the output from factory 11456 has now reached a level whereby Category A units, such as the 2nd Guards "Taman" Division, are now being supplied with this weapon system in the field....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 22:59 pm 
1000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

Group: 2nd Guards
I am now a 2 spoon woman............after being given a new fighting tool by one of our glorious members...................so beware :twisted:

http://www.2ndguards.com/index.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 13:24 pm 

Hi
last posting seems to have disappeared.
Have posted off membership for the unit and another comrade should be posting off a family membership in the next couple of days.

We both have FACs and own blackpowder weapons but as yet have nothing for this period. The app form for the group had a list of required clothing. I was looking at the sites of the three US companies mentioned on this board. Which would be the best to order from, or are they pretty much the same?

Regarding weaponry. How good are the blowback model guns? I see a company is selling PPshs. Would you recommend these? Also, where would I get a blank firing Moisin rifle?

All the best and thanks for any help and advice you can give.

Hugh Logan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 13:40 pm 
5000+ Poster

Comrade, the posts are missing because of a little forum hiccup :D

Glad you are joining us!

As for kit, the best bet is to talk to the unit quartermaster who has many of the items you need. You will recieve contact details for him with your welcome letter.

On the weaponry front, I'd reccomend a deactivated weapon or FAC (Moisin Nagant only obviously...) rather than the various model guns. Certainly the "blowback" system is no good for the battles we stage.

Most of the larger events that we fight at have weapons hire where rifles and/or SMG's are available.

See you at the Front soon Comrade!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 17:56 pm 
 WWW  Profile

hey kozlov, i've seen your guys and you all look spot on, from twinwoods to detling. I'm sure if i wasn't doing american, i'd want to fight for the motherland! Keep up the good work guys

Well its the morning after my birthday and during the night I have acquired a large scratch on my back from a tree somewhere, a road sign, an awful taste of gin and some other wierd stuff that was like carpet cleaner, and my arm hurts when I lift it up!
All in all, fantastic!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 20:21 pm 
1000+ Poster

Shabby is also comparatively large and also friendly (over friendly on occasions) so dovetails well with ethos of unit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 20:26 pm 
5000+ Poster

edward wrote:
hey kozlov, i've seen your guys

Not MY guys (and girls!), I am mearly just another proletarian worker in the People's Army ;-)

Seriously, I'm not any kind of leader, I'm just the one who types too much :D

But on behalf on my Comrades, I thank you for your praise.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 20:36 pm 
1000+ Poster

You could so easily lead the medical unit at next years medical scenario then I could dissapear into the background again. I'll teach you everything you'd need to know and do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 22:49 pm 
1000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

Group: Poland '39 LHG; Odwach Polish army of 1939-1945
Including how to mix 'cocktails' in a mess tin?

Poland - first to fight!

Member of Poland '39 LHG & Odwach - 1939 Polish army

https://www.facebook.com/Poland1939
http://www.odwach.pl/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 9:31 am 
1000+ Poster

Natch.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 10:02 am 

Hi Guys
I think I have joined up? Sent in the membership 3 weeks ago. Didn't get a welcome letter but did get a small white slip asking me to nominate the chairman etc

Hugh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 10:09 am 
5000+ Poster

Oh right... there should be a letter... there will be a magazine for you... just as soon as I get it done this morning!

Oh and welcome Comrade!