WWIIReenacting.co.uk Forums

Uniting UK Re-enactors since 2003

It is currently Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:09 am

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:44 am 
4000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

Group: AFRA
Correspondent wrote:
if any blame lies anywhere, it is with the person that started the FB group page, and the WWII Re-enactment members that left, deserted even, this to go to the FB group.

https://www.facebook.com/wwiireenacting/

"Truth is a shining goddess, always veiled, always distant, never wholly approachable, but worthy of all the devotion of which the human spirit is capable. "
"Truth is incontrovertible, ignorance can deride it, panic may resent it, malice may destroy it, but there it is."

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username
PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 20:50 pm 
1000+ Poster

Group: Stars and Stripes LHG
Still cant find another reenacting alternative. Tried to post some questions here, waste of time. The re-enacting facebook page looks just as dead.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 22:50 pm 
3000+ Poster
 YIM  Profile

Group: Independant
Depends on the questions I have found, if folks don't know about something they wont reply, no point really if they cant help of course .. there is 'interest' of sorts though, you only have to look at the number of views a post or topic gets ... for example my renewal of the folding table plans topic, it had 8306 views when I re-started it again and now has 8552 ,.. someone is looking at the site at the very least .. you are right though, there isn't or doesn't seem to be an alternative .. !!

8th USAAF
Somewhere in England

... " I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals " ...

... " I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them " ...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 14:28 pm 

If this site was to continue then it needs to go back to basics, knock the hundreds of different sections on the head & have a few (preferably one) forum / section to begin with. This focuses posts & makes it look lively again. If people start posting then other "new" sections can be introduced as they are needed.

This however seems irrelevant as offers of help seem to have been ignored since the original posting was made months ago.

maybe it's just time to accept that this forum has had it's day & put it out of it's misery.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 16:05 pm 
3000+ Poster
 YIM  Profile

The strange thing about it is, as I have said before, that if you look at the number of views topics get, there is an awful lot of people looking in to see whats going on ... so there is obviously interest still in the site ... Your idea to 'pare it down' is a good one and may help, but as you also say with the offer of help being ignored as it seems to have been, have to wonder whats going on and if it would be worth it ... ??

8th USAAF
Somewhere in England

... " I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them " ...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 18:22 pm 
5000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

Group: "They Led the Way"
Correspondent wrote:
The strange thing about it is, as I have said before, that if you look at the number of views topics get, there is an awful lot of people looking in to see whats going on ... so there is obviously interest still in the site ... Your idea to 'pare it down' is a good one and may help, but as you also say with the offer of help being ignored as it seems to have been, have to wonder whats going on and if it would be worth it ... ??

Unfortunately I think that a lot of the views are bots, would be happier if it wasnt. :(

Wullie Mulgrew CSRT

http://www.facebook.com/theyledtheway.

Rangers Lead The Way!

https://www.wisepropertycare.com

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:14 am 

30thcammo wrote:
Still cant find another reenacting alternative. Tried to post some questions here, waste of time. The re-enacting facebook page looks just as dead.

I really miss this forum as it was in its heyday. I really do.
I may not have posted much (my period interest and the groups I am a member of are rather niche), but I regularly checked the forums from time to time. But I must admit that I did it less and less over the years.

But you are right - there seems to be no other viable alternatives. It is the end of an era.
I don't believe you will ever get the same amount of activity and visits in this day and age on an internet forum.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 0:22 am 
Forum Legend
 YIM  Profile

I agree but I keep looking on here just incase someone starts a chat on a subject

Id sooner be 20 minutes late in this world than 20 years to soon in the next.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:01 am 
3000+ Poster
 YIM  Profile

I keep trying .. !!

8th USAAF
Somewhere in England