WWIIReenacting.co.uk Forums

Uniting UK Re-enactors since 2003

It is currently Tue Nov 19, 2019 21:29 pm

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:07 am 
1000+ Poster

Group: A humble militaria collector at your service
Was it me, or was it unusually busy this year? I'm sure I must have missed all sorts of stuff due to the density of bodies around the stalls. We got there at 9:20 assuming the queue to get in would have died down, but it was still quite long.

It would almost have been a wasted visit but for the lucky spot of an unfired WWI 13 Pounder HE shell + transit plug for £30 - a steal in ordnance collecting circles.

Give the brightest light.
Safe in your place deep in the earth
That's when they'll know what you were really worth.

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 16:22 pm 

Group: 2nd Btln Royal Warwicks
Commander wrote:
Shifty wrote:
:( Always someone ent there. Sorry to hear that and good luck finding them.

Yeah I enjoyed the show, almost completed a Bren gun cleaning kit and got 13 Bren mags for £20. Winner!

Wow 13 Bren mags for £20.oo. that was a steal lol
C

I KNOW! The bugger is that I got home an realised I need another 5, now I'm scrabbling to find the name of the dealers

www.royalwarwicks.com

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 17:15 pm 
4000+ Poster

Group: Za Oberonyu! 13th GRD and WPFG
Get em while you can... well, intact anyway. Well, assuming...

"I saw cities in Europe that were practically untouched by the war, countries that capitulated to the more powerful enemies even before war was declared, but we are not like that. Our grandfathers, our fathers, our older generation, our great leaders, fought here for each building, for each street." - First Deputy Prime Minister Dmitry Rogozin on the 70th anniversary of victory at Stalingrad

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 17:16 pm 
1000+ Poster

Was it BJMP militaria, or Mr Army Surplus perhaps?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 18:12 pm 

Group: 2nd Btln Royal Warwicks
They had a fair few 69 Bakelite grenades on their stand too and some original teller mines in relic condition. The mags were in a box at the front of their stand

www.royalwarwicks.com

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 18:14 pm 
1000+ Poster

well i think it was one of thsoe two according to the stall plan. Went there myself for some mags.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 19:23 pm 

Group: BBC War Reporting Unit
SaddleTramp wrote:
Have a stall there...

Never got off ours to see it - mobbed from the moment we hit the ground on Saturday afternoon :) Saw the back of the stall, the coffee queue in the main hall (twice) and Chris got to see the loos (I didn't even manage that).

On the plus side, we were there for one thing - to sell a late friend's collection for his missus and that we did - leaving with only a clothing rail at the end of the weekend.

Hope you has similar luck matey - it's a fantastic product(s) and deserves to sell well.

Paul

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 22:33 pm 
5000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

Group: FSSF-UK
Paul W wrote:
SaddleTramp wrote:
Have a stall there...

Never got off ours to see it - mobbed from the moment we hit the ground on Saturday afternoon :) Saw the back of the stall, the coffee queue in the main hall (twice) and Chris got to see the loos (I didn't even manage that).

On the plus side, we were there for one thing - to sell a late friend's collection for his missus and that we did - leaving with only a clothing rail at the end of the weekend.

Hope you has similar luck matey - it's a fantastic product(s) and deserves to sell well.

Paul

Ahh, was wondering...

Aye, was good, Saturday dance was a good laugh, Elmara enjoyed it big time, the Sunday sold a few boxes, and some tat...Made some very good connections, loads of praise for the boxes, found a new stencil maker, bought an old broken up wooden box wi some markings on it (US Army stuff thing), and as Force motto says "we move only forward" 8)

Ohh, was hoping to meet a certain person who was invited to the stall for a wee dance, but hey, t'aint weren't just Glenn MiIler that was played in WWII:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLSmj9G0cE0

Strange, they only post in my threads when it's controversial, seems they want to vent their spleens whilst claiming victimhood ; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEwVpWFyy3M

"I don't use the pozi net ,because there are too many left wing oversensitive retards on there..."

"I reflect on the infamous 1987 photograph by American artist Andres Serrano that depicts a crucifix submerged in a glass of the artist's urine. I remember all the leftists that jeered and mocked me, and many Christians like me, for being bruised by that photograph (the title of which I would rather not verbalize). They scoffed and told us to get a life. These are the same people today, unsurprisingly, who are stridently arguing for curtailment of free speech not to offend Muslims."

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:57 am 

Group: BBC War Reporting Unit
See you at YWE ?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 20:22 pm 
5000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

Group: FSSF-UK
Paul W wrote:
See you at YWE ?

I think we may be there... 8)

Strange, they only post in my threads when it's controversial, seems they want to vent their spleens whilst claiming victimhood ; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEwVpWFyy3M

"I don't use the pozi net ,because there are too many left wing oversensitive retards on there..."

"I reflect on the infamous 1987 photograph by American artist Andres Serrano that depicts a crucifix submerged in a glass of the artist's urine. I remember all the leftists that jeered and mocked me, and many Christians like me, for being bruised by that photograph (the title of which I would rather not verbalize). They scoffed and told us to get a life. These are the same people today, unsurprisingly, who are stridently arguing for curtailment of free speech not to offend Muslims."