WWIIReenacting.co.uk Forums

Uniting UK Re-enactors since 2003

It is currently Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:08 am

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 18:05 pm 
5000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

Group: FSSF-UK
Seen that before Glen, it at least shows some of the "new" rations filtered through to one of the units a few months after procurement, of real interest is the fact those boys got a hold of a pancake mix (fresh eggs etc?)

Strange, they only post in my threads when it's controversial, seems they want to vent their spleens whilst claiming victimhood ; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEwVpWFyy3M

"I don't use the pozi net ,because there are too many left wing oversensitive retards on there..."

"I reflect on the infamous 1987 photograph by American artist Andres Serrano that depicts a crucifix submerged in a glass of the artist's urine. I remember all the leftists that jeered and mocked me, and many Christians like me, for being bruised by that photograph (the title of which I would rather not verbalize). They scoffed and told us to get a life. These are the same people today, unsurprisingly, who are stridently arguing for curtailment of free speech not to offend Muslims."

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 18:19 pm 

Group: 2nd Armored in Europe
Yep, that's a fact.

Thought it might help the discussion as it was missing from page 1 of this thread in Paul's original post.

Look Out Below! : http://www.look-out-below.co.uk/

"The only thing stopping you, is you"

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 13:57 pm 
5000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

Note, all K ration boxes issued are the plain ones:

http://www.criticalpast.com/video/65675 ... -Battalion

Strange, they only post in my threads when it's controversial, seems they want to vent their spleens whilst claiming victimhood ; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEwVpWFyy3M

"I don't use the pozi net ,because there are too many left wing oversensitive retards on there..."

"I reflect on the infamous 1987 photograph by American artist Andres Serrano that depicts a crucifix submerged in a glass of the artist's urine. I remember all the leftists that jeered and mocked me, and many Christians like me, for being bruised by that photograph (the title of which I would rather not verbalize). They scoffed and told us to get a life. These are the same people today, unsurprisingly, who are stridently arguing for curtailment of free speech not to offend Muslims."

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:00 am 
5000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

Does anyone ever wonder why there's so many "moral boxes" still out there on the open market?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 14:25 pm 
4000+ Poster
 YIM  Profile

In the film clip is the long plain rectangle box possabley 200 fags?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 13:56 pm 
5000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

snowyx2622 wrote:
In the film clip is the long plain rectangle box possabley 200 fags?

Dunno, but interesting (to us geeks).. I liked the guys helmet back to front too...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 14:21 pm 
4000+ Poster
 YIM  Profile

oh too right it is! As for the backwards helmet i don't think he know if hes coming or going lol.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 18:52 pm 
5000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

The QMC: Operations in the War Against Germany, concerning Overlord:

"Each individual was to carry one D and one K ration and four candle-type heat units on his person when disembarking, and each organization carried three C or K rations for its members. No unit was to draw rations until its third day ashore.

During the first three days, maintenance and build-up rations would be shipped in the proportion of 60 percent C rations and 40 percent K rations.
On D plus 4, 10-in-1 rations would begin to arrive, and on D plus 15, the first B rations, bread ingredients, and fresh coffee were scheduled. By the end of the first month, it was estimated, 50 percent of consumption would be B rations, 25 percent 10-in-1, and 25 percent C, D, and K rations.

After D plus 15 fresh bread at the rate of eight ounces per ration would be available for 40 percent of the troops, and by D plus 30, enough perishable foods
to provide a rough equivalent of the A ration for 40 percent of all personnel on the far shore.

Hospitals were to be provided with the 5-in-1 until the B ration became available."

Note the last part...