WWIIReenacting.co.uk Forums

Uniting UK Re-enactors since 2003

It is currently Fri Dec 13, 2019 14:21 pm

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username

Post subject: Khaki devil battledress
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 21:29 pm 
1000+ Poster

Group: A.F.R.A, Road to Mandalay.
Anyone bought OR seen khaki devil battledress? Reduced wages mean less options.

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”
― Theodore Roosevelt

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 20:31 pm 
3000+ Poster

IIRC it looked just like the SOF/WPG offerings.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 21:37 pm 
1000+ Poster

I have a set and it is Far superior to soldier of fortune.

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”
― Theodore Roosevelt

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 10:38 am 
1000+ Poster

Was it a trick question then??

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 14:06 pm 

Group: Poor Bloody Infantry
Yes, I was rather confused by Paul's reply - so you have a set already, Paul, but want to know what it's like? :-s

I've heard nothing but good about Khaki Devils' work, but I didn't think it would be the brand to turn to when on a budget - they were, in my mind, what you turned to when you wanted 'the best' and had the money to back it up. I'm loving Panther Store's stuff. Great items for the money, but a little more expensive now that Brexit has ruined the exchange rate.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 16:39 pm 
1000+ Poster

I bought a set. Nothing criptic.

― Theodore Roosevelt

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 17:01 pm 
3000+ Poster

Looked on their eBay auctions and the BD looked the same as the SOF/WPG. Same wool, cut everything. Unless they carry two styles? I prefer Panther Store. Just wish they made WW1/WW2 Service Dress.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 17:09 pm 
1000+ Poster

It was rumoured but never appeared. I've compared it to sof in real life, remember photos don't always compare well. In fact the match to panther store wasn't far out.

― Theodore Roosevelt