WWIIReenacting.co.uk Forums

Uniting UK Re-enactors since 2003

It is currently Sun Dec 08, 2019 19:32 pm

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 14:56 pm 
4000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

Group: Victory in Europe Reenactment Association
The chocolate wrappers are just blank greaseproof. I have seen some repros marked Ration Chocolate but no phot evidence to support.

Gum - remember the old packs of PK - clear celophane = thats the ones.

Victory in Europe Reenactment Association
One of "Monty's Men"
http://www.vera39-45.blogspot.com

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 16:26 pm 
Forum Legend

Group: Unable to commit
blackhawkone wrote:
i wont be using Izhal Chris well not other than display anyway ;)

Jon

WIMP..........

Lo, There Do They Call To Me, And Beg Me To Take My Place
In The Halls Of Valhalla, Where the Brave Shall Live Forever

In the chaos of battle, when the ground beneath your feet is a slurry of blood, puke, p**s and the entrails of friends and enemies alike, it's easy to turn to the gods for salvation. But it's soldiers who do the fighting, and soldiers who do the dying, and the gods never get their feet wet.

One enemy is never enough, two is far too many
"Bravery is being the only one who knows you're afraid."
Jo Hukam

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 16:32 pm 
2000+ Poster
 YIM  Profile

:lol: i have tried it before though Ian and worse ;) not nice on the grapes :lol:

Once more onto the internet I go looking to use women and break up families. Thats what makes me a good actor and with my track record of past mistakes a very good reinactor of doing the same thing over and over again. I can't be a real person so I have to pretend to be someone else. Thank goodness for the internet without it I would be alone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 16:56 pm 
Forum Legend

LOL.......

In the chaos of battle, when the ground beneath your feet is a slurry of blood, puke, p**s and the entrails of friends and enemies alike, it's easy to turn to the gods for salvation. But it's soldiers who do the fighting, and soldiers who do the dying, and the gods never get their feet wet.

Jo Hukam

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 21:10 pm 
1000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

Group: 4th Indian Division
does any one know a surrplier for these ration packs and any other british rations ? iv seen a few that are reasonably good in america but they dont reply when i inform them im in the UK , daft . dean

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 21:18 pm 
 WWW  Profile

Group: 7th Batt The Black Watch LHA
I've never used them, but heres one.
http://www.wartime-rations.moonfruit.com/

Mike.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 23:52 pm 
Forum Legend

Highlander wrote:
I've never used them, but heres one.
http://www.wartime-rations.moonfruit.com/

Mike.
Dean - remember when we were at the DLI museum - the Field Kitchen - that's the guy. He was also at Shildon when you were there last......

Jo Hukam

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 0:54 am 
 WWW  Profile

There is also coldstreamguard on ebay, and he is more than accomodating when it comes to purchasing the rations away from ebay, also he does post on here, I have brought the British rations and found them to excellent pack fillers.

"When I go from hence, let this be my parting word, that what I have seen is unsurpassable"

Rabindranath Tagore 1861 - 1941

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 6:20 am 
1000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

Group: 4th Indian Division
thanks - yes we are all talking about the same guy , but he hasent posted his 24 hour ration packs on his site but he does on ebay . thanks again

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 6:40 am 
Forum Legend

E-mail him mate, that's all he deals with.....

Jo Hukam

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 20:46 pm 
5000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

Group: FSSF-UK
Bringing this back into the light... Looking at doing the Brit compo, and 24 hour... Any help would be appreciated, and more than willing to buy...

Strange, they only post in my threads when it's controversial, seems they want to vent their spleens whilst claiming victimhood ; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEwVpWFyy3M

"I don't use the pozi net ,because there are too many left wing oversensitive retards on there..."

"I reflect on the infamous 1987 photograph by American artist Andres Serrano that depicts a crucifix submerged in a glass of the artist's urine. I remember all the leftists that jeered and mocked me, and many Christians like me, for being bruised by that photograph (the title of which I would rather not verbalize). They scoffed and told us to get a life. These are the same people today, unsurprisingly, who are stridently arguing for curtailment of free speech not to offend Muslims."

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 21:45 pm 
3000+ Poster

Group: The Royal Warwicks - KP1
Funny you should mention that, I am currently making some for my group too. Am collecting the bits etc, will post some pics when im done and then maybe figure out a cost of materials if you like it. be warned though, it wont be perfect, just as good as i can get it with what i have avaliable to me in my local area

2nd Bton Royal Warwickshire Rgt
185th Brigade
3rd British Infantry Div

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 22:04 pm 
5000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

Collins wrote:
Funny you should mention that, I am currently making some for my group too. Am collecting the bits etc, will post some pics when im done and then maybe figure out a cost of materials if you like it. be warned though, it wont be perfect, just as good as i can get it with what i have avaliable to me in my local area

Well, TBH, this is what I am on about, I've done similar wi my own in so far as the actual tins of my edible C Rations are 2cm taller than originals, but hey, ye just cannot get them (my display versions are closer being 3mm short or original)...

ATM I'm creating a US Army 5in1 Ration, again, the edibles are similar, and as close as one can get, for instance, the corned beef, meat and veg stew, peas, milk, grapefruit, tomatoes, sweet corn cans are same, and the dried soups, boiled sweets (candy, hard), biscuits and fruit etc are all the same...

I got the same group pf PDFs from John a while ago, and will take another look... 8)

Strange, they only post in my threads when it's controversial, seems they want to vent their spleens whilst claiming victimhood ; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEwVpWFyy3M

"I don't use the pozi net ,because there are too many left wing oversensitive retards on there..."

"I reflect on the infamous 1987 photograph by American artist Andres Serrano that depicts a crucifix submerged in a glass of the artist's urine. I remember all the leftists that jeered and mocked me, and many Christians like me, for being bruised by that photograph (the title of which I would rather not verbalize). They scoffed and told us to get a life. These are the same people today, unsurprisingly, who are stridently arguing for curtailment of free speech not to offend Muslims."

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:24 am 
5000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

Been loooking for information on t'net... Bloody 'ell, it's like looking for hen's teeth!!

Got some Brit cans on ebay, thought they looked ok, and had that "auld stuff" look, then, poking about t'net again, turns out they're post war armoured ration tins... Ohh well, anyone doing a NATO impression :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

then again, was the composition of the tins in the Compo the same from Wartime right up till 1999?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:50 am 
Forum Legend

Things did change before 1999 Paul - I have memories of tins untill about 93, then Boil in the bags...(mind you, I even used Arctic Rations in training in 81).

Jo Hukam

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 13:16 pm 
4000+ Poster
 YIM  Profile

45 dated rats were still been eaten/stored in the late 70s. tubes of jam n marge and compo sausages mmmmmm.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next