WWIIReenacting.co.uk Forums

Uniting UK Re-enactors since 2003

It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:57 am

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 21:03 pm 

Hi,

I'm looking for some spares for a model 1916 berther lebel, does anyone know of a UK source for such things: Butt plate, cocking piece, stock bands, trigger guard, magazine housing. There seem to be plenty in the US but I was hoping source them here rather than worry about importing bits of guns.

Cheers

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 15:50 pm 

Bit confused is it a Berthier or a Lebel? they were 2 separate Rifles, as you've got the designation M1916 I'm guessing its the Berthier, enbloc charger rather than tubular magazine yeah?

I've only seen 3 live Berthiers for sale in the UK in the last few years, deacs are even rarer so I doubt there are many spares knocking around, I searched high and low for a Lebel barrel band and ended up buying a relic one and having a copy made at a local machine shop. I suggest trying the RFD's down in Bisley they might have an idea as plenty of unusual things comes through that place so parts would be needed.

All of the parts you needs are safe to import a they aren't pressure bearing parts, trouble is unless they have an export licence they can't ship parts out anymore

Gaz

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 14:37 pm 

Berthier is what I meant, specifically Mle 1916. Thanks for the suggestion, I will give it ago.