WWIIReenacting.co.uk Forums

Uniting UK Re-enactors since 2003

It is currently Wed Oct 16, 2019 20:05 pm

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 18:18 pm 
4000+ Poster

Maybe everyone has seen this,if so,my apologies and mods feel free to merge,but just come across this film on UnKnownWW2InColor2;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98G_xIPSgXA

"Absolutely unedited! Just declassified outstanding silent footage filmed by the US Army Signal Corps in 1942 at the Ranger Combat Training School based at Fort Shafter, Hawaii.
All the phases of the combat training are shown, from gun practice to ambushes, jungle combat, close combat, rope combat, knife combat, martial arts and more!
These Rangers were in action in many battles of the Pacific theater of war in the following years.
Part 1 of 9."

War,huh,what is it good for? Absolutly nothin'.......but some jolly good films

. -. --. .-.. .- -. -.. / . -..- .--. . -.-. - ... / . ...- . .-. -.-- -- .- -. / - --- / -.. --- / .... .. ... / -.. ..- - -.--

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 20:43 pm 
4000+ Poster

Group: Ranger Re-enactments
A great film and never a chore viewing it mate, hope you're well, been too long since I've seen you.

Cheers Dave

' Jeez, where's that damned Lt. taking us now, he's gonna get us all killed'

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 22:57 pm 
4000+ Poster

Thanks Dave,I was sure I would have been the last to come across this but Ive only had broad band at home for 6 weeks and its still a big novelty for me....theres always just one more clip to watch before you can log off ,the bizare George A Romera style Police training vid from late 60s Miami I posted in off topic being a case in point :)
And same to you Dave,hopefully get to a couple of events this year and will pencil in Victory for sure,
All the best
K

. -. --. .-.. .- -. -.. / . -..- .--. . -.-. - ... / . ...- . .-. -.-- -- .- -. / - --- / -.. --- / .... .. ... / -.. ..- - -.--

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 22:54 pm 
5000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

Group: FSSF-UK
Very nice....

A right mix of kit, denims and HTBs, and civilian....

Thanks for posting... :D

Strange, they only post in my threads when it's controversial, seems they want to vent their spleens whilst claiming victimhood ; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEwVpWFyy3M

"I don't use the pozi net ,because there are too many left wing oversensitive retards on there..."

"I reflect on the infamous 1987 photograph by American artist Andres Serrano that depicts a crucifix submerged in a glass of the artist's urine. I remember all the leftists that jeered and mocked me, and many Christians like me, for being bruised by that photograph (the title of which I would rather not verbalize). They scoffed and told us to get a life. These are the same people today, unsurprisingly, who are stridently arguing for curtailment of free speech not to offend Muslims."

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:49 am 
4000+ Poster

Sure,no probs,anything that seems fitting and maybe well hidden on line....god,that could sound awfull out of context.....i'll post links for.(See "ZULU" in off topic for a giggle).
Its one advantage taking time out from active reenacting(as opossed to ocasionaly sticking one of my jackets on to walk the dog...) that Im not focuse on one subject. Theres some amazing footage on line these days isnt there?( but how come theres so many neo nazis watching utube and commenting,havnt they got books to burn or something?) :)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:28 am 
1000+ Poster

Group: EAFVG, EMLRA & other
Brilliant bit of film.

I will certainly be watching all of these later.

Only watched the first one so far but their peak of physical fitness would put most of us to shame.

I did find the road run at the beginning very interesting, look at all the different shades of uniform & webbing in one unit.

Not alot of uniformity going on there.

Freedom of expression is essential in enabling democracy to work and public participation in decision-making. Citizens cannot exercise their right to vote effectively or take part in public decision-making if they do not have free access to information and ideas and are not able to express their views freely. Freedom of expression is thus not only important for individual dignity but also to participation, accountability and democracy. Violations of freedom of expression often go hand in hand with other violations, in particular the right to freedom of association and assembly.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 20:29 pm 
5000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

Group: Normandy44
rob8066 wrote:
Brilliant bit of film.

I will certainly be watching all of these later.

Only watched the first one so far but their peak of physical fitness would put most of us to shame.

I did find the road run at the beginning very interesting, look at all the different shades of uniform & webbing in one unit.

Not alot of uniformity going on there.

Probably because most Rangers if not all were experienced men from other units, during training they probably just had the kit they were already issued with prior to the Ranger training. Once qualified they be issued with new kit.

What immortal hand or eye
Could frame thy fearful symmetry?

Normandy44 Re-enactment Association

http://www.N44.co.uk

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:28 am 

Group: Charlie Co., 5th Rangers
I could be wrong but I dont think these are members of the 6th rangers or of the other BN's.
The 6th was formed after 1942, and the others were never in Hawaii. Come to think of it, didnt the 6th form and train outside the US?

If I am right then this would not Rangers, but they would be the 'rangers' trained and used in within other divisions......

EDIT:
Ok the 6th was formed in New Guinea, so this is not them. These guys would have gotten better training than the other infantry units at that time, but they would be returned to their original unit or to new ones, but they would not remain together as a whole.