WWIIReenacting.co.uk Forums

Uniting UK Re-enactors since 2003

It is currently Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:43 am

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username

Post subject: Re: HBT's, and Poncho's
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:48 am 
2000+ Poster

Well Paul this is a case in point of pre-concieved ideas being turned on thier head. Research into this subject never ends. Isn't it nice to have the availability of original items to work with.For periods of history further back original gear is thin on the ground and therefore there is far more room for error.How much do the 'Experts' know or think they know,90% of the time it is only an opinion based on the information available, which if one is not carefull become a fact written in stone and unchallengeable!

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username
 Post subject: Re: HBT's, and Poncho's
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 13:57 pm 
5000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

Group: FSSF-UK
land-waster wrote:
Well Paul this is a case in point of pre-concieved ideas being turned on thier head. Research into this subject never ends. Isn't it nice to have the availability of original items to work with.For periods of history further back original gear is thin on the ground and therefore there is far more room for error.How much do the 'Experts' know or think they know,90% of the time it is only an opinion based on the information available, which if one is not carefull become a fact written in stone and unchallengeable!

Aye Gordon, and going back through this thread, I got a hold of a 1940 dated USMC poncho, green, not camo... And it's the same pattern as Gliderinf says, the neck is a snap on, not a draw string...

My speculation, is as we have discussed, and from further corroborated research, when the Force swapped the Johnny guns for the RS, they must have also got a batch of ponchos and the helmet bands/nets, ye know, Paul Adams:
"wot else ye got"?...

"We got them bunch of ponchos stacked up over there, their surplus now... And ye can have some of these*"

*Helmet nets with neoprene bands...

Strange, they only post in my threads when it's controversial, seems they want to vent their spleens whilst claiming victimhood ; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEwVpWFyy3M

"I don't use the pozi net ,because there are too many left wing oversensitive retards on there..."

"I reflect on the infamous 1987 photograph by American artist Andres Serrano that depicts a crucifix submerged in a glass of the artist's urine. I remember all the leftists that jeered and mocked me, and many Christians like me, for being bruised by that photograph (the title of which I would rather not verbalize). They scoffed and told us to get a life. These are the same people today, unsurprisingly, who are stridently arguing for curtailment of free speech not to offend Muslims."