WWIIReenacting.co.uk Forums

Uniting UK Re-enactors since 2003

It is currently Sun Jul 21, 2019 0:35 am

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 8:35 am 
5000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

Group: FSSF-UK
Looking in Supercommandos, they all seem to be "short" :wink: :)

Strange, they only post in my threads when it's controversial, seems they want to vent their spleens whilst claiming victimhood ; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEwVpWFyy3M

"I don't use the pozi net ,because there are too many left wing oversensitive retards on there..."

"I reflect on the infamous 1987 photograph by American artist Andres Serrano that depicts a crucifix submerged in a glass of the artist's urine. I remember all the leftists that jeered and mocked me, and many Christians like me, for being bruised by that photograph (the title of which I would rather not verbalize). They scoffed and told us to get a life. These are the same people today, unsurprisingly, who are stridently arguing for curtailment of free speech not to offend Muslims."

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 14:14 pm 
Supporter

SaddleTramp wrote:
FearDark wrote:
Sorry to reattack this post but I need some informations on the webbing ...
Is it common to find Canadian's equipement on a American or Canadian fssf ? (like small pack, light gas mask or camouflaged scarf, ranks and ...)
I'm more and more interesting by this unit so ...
Thanks guys ;)

"small pack".No..
"light gas mask" No...
"camouflaged scarf"...No...
"ranks"..Bilko answered that...

British Tommy cooker found on La Difensa, just around 100 yards from the saucer, in the direction of Rematanea in a mortar pit...How come?...Gray's battalion had contact with the British Guards around Camino, draw your own conclusions...

M43 long mentioned earlier:
"5. Specification PQD 370-C ((October 11 1943)
-18 sizes available, three lengths, Short, Regular and Long."

Just to add to that....
the Canadian army was ordered to turn in all of their uniforms abck to Canada once they got issued their US uniform. the only thing that the soldiers kept was his badges (rank, unit badge, collar dog, etc.) and his personal effect.

Draw your conclusions about shaving kit; foot poweder, etc.

tommy cooker: A good part of the canadian that were recruted from 1CanPara to augment the ranks of the FSSF were veterans from the 1st canadian division who was already stationed in the UK. When the 1 Can Div showed up in the UK in 1939, they were equip with WWI stuff only. so they drew all of their new equipment and stores from the British army... what is the personal stove issued than? tommy cooker.

So I like your theory on tommy cooker on La D about being near the brits, but I like mine better of the canadian troops brigning their PERSONAL cooker with them (which was issued from the Brits back when they were in the UK!)

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 14:17 pm 
Supporter

another complete wrongness!

not having the Officer or most senior guy leading the patrol from the front.
Frederick would have fire that leader on the spot.

you know it; i know it!

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 15:55 pm 
5000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

racanichou wrote:
SaddleTramp wrote:
FearDark wrote:
Sorry to reattack this post but I need some informations on the webbing ...
Is it common to find Canadian's equipement on a American or Canadian fssf ? (like small pack, light gas mask or camouflaged scarf, ranks and ...)
I'm more and more interesting by this unit so ...
Thanks guys ;)

"small pack".No..
"light gas mask" No...
"camouflaged scarf"...No...
"ranks"..Bilko answered that...

British Tommy cooker found on La Difensa, just around 100 yards from the saucer, in the direction of Rematanea in a mortar pit...How come?...Gray's battalion had contact with the British Guards around Camino, draw your own conclusions...

M43 long mentioned earlier:
"5. Specification PQD 370-C ((October 11 1943)
-18 sizes available, three lengths, Short, Regular and Long."

Just to add to that....
the Canadian army was ordered to turn in all of their uniforms abck to Canada once they got issued their US uniform. the only thing that the soldiers kept was his badges (rank, unit badge, collar dog, etc.) and his personal effect.

Draw your conclusions about shaving kit; foot poweder, etc.

tommy cooker: A good part of the canadian that were recruted from 1CanPara to augment the ranks of the FSSF were veterans from the 1st canadian division who was already stationed in the UK. When the 1 Can Div showed up in the UK in 1939, they were equip with WWI stuff only. so they drew all of their new equipment and stores from the British army... what is the personal stove issued than? tommy cooker.

So I like your theory on tommy cooker on La D about being near the brits, but I like mine better of the canadian troops brigning their PERSONAL cooker with them (which was issued from the Brits back when they were in the UK!)

Reasoning, mixed educated speculation draws the right conclusion 8) I have to concurr :wink:

Charlie Mann (4-3) laughed when I told him about finding a whiskey bottle bottom there, he laughed, and said "that could be from a vodka bottle, y'know wadda mean" and giggled almost like a naughty child :wink: :D

Strange, they only post in my threads when it's controversial, seems they want to vent their spleens whilst claiming victimhood ; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEwVpWFyy3M

"I don't use the pozi net ,because there are too many left wing oversensitive retards on there..."

"I reflect on the infamous 1987 photograph by American artist Andres Serrano that depicts a crucifix submerged in a glass of the artist's urine. I remember all the leftists that jeered and mocked me, and many Christians like me, for being bruised by that photograph (the title of which I would rather not verbalize). They scoffed and told us to get a life. These are the same people today, unsurprisingly, who are stridently arguing for curtailment of free speech not to offend Muslims."

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:55 am 
5000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

Looking at a recent photoset of a group doing the FSSF...Arctic jacket in the MTO...WRONG!!!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:58 am 
5000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

Group: FIRST ALLIED AIRBORNE ASSOCIATION
As a group with an interest in this fine outfit and who are doing it in numbers and working to improve the impression for a major event in 2011, we are very keen to expand our knowledge of what is right and what is wrong for any given time line.

If anyone can link us to these MTO photo sets depicting the wearing of a Jacket, Field, OD, Arctic it would be appreciated. It may help us when and if we undertake such a scenario.

Good to see some more recent impute to this thread.

Regards to all

Lee

I have always endeavoured to listen to what each and every person in a discussion had to say before venturing my own opinion. Oftentimes, my own opinion will simply represent a con-census of what I heard in the discussion. I always remember the axiom: a leader is like a shepherd. He stays behind the flock, letting the most nimble go out ahead, whereupon the others follow, not realizing that all along they are being directed from behind.”

Nelson Mandela

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:13 am 
2000+ Poster

Best information regards to the 'Artic' jacket,these were issued for Kiska Operation and handed in on return to the States. However,I am not brave enough to state categorically that one or two of the dodgy specimens did n't filch one and it may well appear in some other theatre of operations. Most of the photos I've come across are USAAF wearing them in Alaska, Greenland and of course Kiska. No doubt they were worn in other places tended to be some what uncommon.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 14:04 pm 
5000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

Group: FIRST ALLIED AIRBORNE ASSOCIATION
So Stateside Pre-Kiska and after the date of issue and availability correct in small numbers.

Kiska Operation correct to be seen in numbers for assaulting force including Airborne Element.

Confused as to the mention of a MTO photo set existing which includes this item of uniform.

Regards to all

Lee

I have always endeavoured to listen to what each and every person in a discussion had to say before venturing my own opinion. Oftentimes, my own opinion will simply represent a con-census of what I heard in the discussion. I always remember the axiom: a leader is like a shepherd. He stays behind the flock, letting the most nimble go out ahead, whereupon the others follow, not realizing that all along they are being directed from behind.”

Nelson Mandela

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 21:29 pm 
5000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

FAAA wrote:
So Stateside Pre-Kiska and after the date of issue and availability correct in small numbers.

Kiska Operation correct to be seen in numbers for assaulting force including Airborne Element.

Confused as to the mention of a MTO photo set existing which includes this item of uniform.

Regards to all

Lee

Am I seeing things?...

I don't recall seeing any mention of You or Your groups name here...

Look Mr.Bowden, your not welcome in our threads, like we're not welcome in yours, go elsewhere...Stay away from our threads like you demand we do yours...Now, I'm not gonna go bleating to the mods demanding your posts and mines be removed like you do, so just BUTT OUT :evil:

Next time I se you in any of our unit threads, I will report you...Go by the rules you set boy... :evil:

Last edited by SaddleTramp on Thu Mar 04, 2010 21:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 21:46 pm 
5000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

Arctic jackets worn in Helena, Montana..Wrong!

2nd pattern parka, same...Wrong!!

Everyone dressed the same in Anzio...Wrong!!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:08 am 

Very informative thread gents. I've had an interest in the force for a while and am currently putting together a Class A uniform, with an Ike jacket. This is based on an original example, so I'm hoping it will pass muster! I'll try to post some pictures at some point, to check I'm heading in the right direction :)

Did forcemen ever wear regular wool trousers, when in the rear or in combat?

Thanks in advance.

Will

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 13:18 pm 
5000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

Devildog wrote:
Very informative thread gents. I've had an interest in the force for a while and am currently putting together a Class A uniform, with an Ike jacket. This is based on an original example, so I'm hoping it will pass muster! I'll try to post some pictures at some point, to check I'm heading in the right direction :)

Did forcemen ever wear regular wool trousers, when in the rear or in combat?

Thanks in advance.

Will

Force never had the Ike jacket mate.... :wink:

Wot are referred to as "mustards" would be "correct" for the Force, combat, dress, or "walking out"....

As a guideline, in the Mountains of Italy- Mnt pants (I suspect wools underneath) and Anzio/summer, both wools and Mnt pants intermixed...Dragoon onwards, again, both...

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 13:19 pm 
5000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

"Kiska" badge worn on the M43...

Totally wrong!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:53 am 
4000+ Poster

Oh bu***r, does this mean my 49 pattern battle dress and 80s RMP berrets wrong too? :(
(saying that,did like the blue denims richard jeakal had though...and the music...)

War,huh,what is it good for? Absolutly nothin'.......but some jolly good films

. -. --. .-.. .- -. -.. / . -..- .--. . -.-. - ... / . ...- . .-. -.-- -- .- -. / - --- / -.. --- / .... .. ... / -.. ..- - -.--

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 0:56 am 
5000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

kostya wrote:
Oh bu***r, does this mean my 49 pattern battle dress and 80s RMP berrets wrong too? :(
(saying that,did like the blue denims richard jeakal had though...and the music...)

If ye mask off a square in front of the beret, spray it all marroon, rip off masking tape, and paint on a cross arrow wi gold paint, jobs a good 'un mate 8) :D

Ofcourse, ye still have to wear it like an RMP though... Ye kow, resting on yer eyebrowse :D

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 17:36 pm 
5000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

ALL the unit with helmet bands, and C and K ration keys tucked into them, it does look ohh so gucci, but that impression is based on one set of photos, by Capa, in one afternoon wi one platoon ... :roll: