WWIIReenacting.co.uk Forums

Uniting UK Re-enactors since 2003

It is currently Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:14 am

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1288 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 77, 78, 79, 80, 81  Next
 Post subject: Re: BAZOOKA BAR
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 23:39 pm 
5000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

Group: FSSF-UK
land-waster wrote:
It's not over,just advancing in a differnt direction. The invite to SoF was for an Airborne/Infantry theme.There was no scope for doing anything else, they were guests of the French and they are getting a whole lot better organised now and the rules are the rules. When they do the Force over there they do the Force,when they do the beach and Airlandings they do it. It was not our show it was theirs so thats it.It shows quality to be able to slot in and do what is required and that iss what the guys did,I say they were a credit to the group. They achieved much with diplomacy and compliance to the wishes of the organisers and wearing correct uniforms.
No doubt they would rather have done the Force, that was n't an option.
If you had gone over there doing what you wanted regardless, you would n't get invited again,it's happened to another group.You did a lot of work making the contacts the guys built on your good work. I think you are getting uptight over nothing more than a good PR operation by the guys.
Have another drink and look at things from a slightly less jaundiced eye and you can see they carried it off well. If you can't win be the best second place they ever seen!

Gordon, it takes the something, the nail, for a guy to say "fk it"... it takes the guy who drove that to nail to say "what ye mean", as if he didn't know...

Strange, they only post in my threads when it's controversial, seems they want to vent their spleens whilst claiming victimhood ; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEwVpWFyy3M

"I don't use the pozi net ,because there are too many left wing oversensitive retards on there..."

"I reflect on the infamous 1987 photograph by American artist Andres Serrano that depicts a crucifix submerged in a glass of the artist's urine. I remember all the leftists that jeered and mocked me, and many Christians like me, for being bruised by that photograph (the title of which I would rather not verbalize). They scoffed and told us to get a life. These are the same people today, unsurprisingly, who are stridently arguing for curtailment of free speech not to offend Muslims."

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 23:47 pm 
5000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

SaddleTramp wrote:
land-waster wrote:
It's not over,just advancing in a differnt direction. The invite to SoF was for an Airborne/Infantry theme.There was no scope for doing anything else, they were guests of the French and they are getting a whole lot better organised now and the rules are the rules. When they do the Force over there they do the Force,when they do the beach and Airlandings they do it. It was not our show it was theirs so thats it.It shows quality to be able to slot in and do what is required and that iss what the guys did,I say they were a credit to the group. They achieved much with diplomacy and compliance to the wishes of the organisers and wearing correct uniforms.
No doubt they would rather have done the Force, that was n't an option.
If you had gone over there doing what you wanted regardless, you would n't get invited again,it's happened to another group.You did a lot of work making the contacts the guys built on your good work. I think you are getting uptight over nothing more than a good PR operation by the guys.
Have another drink and look at things from a slightly less jaundiced eye and you can see they carried it off well. If you can't win be the best second place they ever seen!

Gordon, it takes the something, the nail, for a guy to say "fk it"... it takes the guy who drove that to nail to say "what ye mean", as if he didn't know...

Ohh, and BTW, it's the tenth anniversary this year of the founding of the group, ye know, when some gobby little (no, best stop there) was only what 5?... but aye, what is being done, what celebrations, there's fk all..Nothing...naaaah, the spirit it gone guys, in so many ways you have no idea, no, hang on, in ways you don't want to hear :roll:

Strange, they only post in my threads when it's controversial, seems they want to vent their spleens whilst claiming victimhood ; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEwVpWFyy3M

"I don't use the pozi net ,because there are too many left wing oversensitive retards on there..."

"I reflect on the infamous 1987 photograph by American artist Andres Serrano that depicts a crucifix submerged in a glass of the artist's urine. I remember all the leftists that jeered and mocked me, and many Christians like me, for being bruised by that photograph (the title of which I would rather not verbalize). They scoffed and told us to get a life. These are the same people today, unsurprisingly, who are stridently arguing for curtailment of free speech not to offend Muslims."

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:43 am 
2000+ Poster

Paul, the founding of the group happened before we joined the anniversary has not been mentioned at anytime in the past. How could we remember? The group has changed direction several times in the past,usually at your instigation. As the group is strongest in this area I appreciate that you feel a bit out on a limb and maybe we should all make more effort to phone up and bring you up to date.
Come on it's not the end of the world(unless there is four blokes on horses sitting in your front garden,then I retract my statement). Being serious,that's a first for me,you can change more from the inside that you can screaming insults over the fence.
You were becoming more like someone you detest.The ForceLHG recruited the wrong type of people to put up with that crap.We were exactly like the type of people Fredrick wanted ,independant,self reliant and don't take s**t from anyone.Definitely not the easy dominated.
You got to do what you think is right for you,everybody gets pissed with the bullshit from time to time,we all take time out then drift back,propably the good times outweigh the bad.
Avoid burning your bridges, makes it awful hard to cross rivers.Fredrick left the Force when it suited, the Prussian did n't get a lot of choice in the matter,but despite it kept going.The group was to work on a show of hands,if you don't like what's happening and you are voted down tough. You either go with the flow or ship out,or work to change it by personality, that does n't mean shouting louder than anyone else or having a tantrum.
Let's have another beer and let it all go over our heads. I always do what I want to,do things my way and take responsibility for my actions, Mistakes and wrong calls are a hazard of life.'Don't mean nothin', drive on.' I think you are making a wrong call, but you know what's best for you.
Just another stupid thought should I change my screen name to Terminator'I'll be Back'! Got to sound better than Ration- Waster,LOL! Told you I got a long memory!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:29 am 
5000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

Gordon, regards joining after the group was formed and that doesn't entitle you to celebrate, just two expressions "unit citation" and "unit pride"...

I discussed this over the phone last year, also mentioned a few times on here, the fact is, fk all is discussed except at bushy, no actual meetings, just talked about over a cup of tea walk away and think "what did we agree on", the guys may as well be called "bushy re-enactments" they never go to events outside bushy now, exception being Waltham, which is what, 20 mins drive, I used to drive twice that every month to help out at Bushy (regularly it took over 2 hours, and once over thre hours drive in heavy traffic and i got slagged for it), what thanks did i get? Hushed conversations as i turned the corner, and employing wee bairns who know fk all about re-enacting, and housing them when I was jobless and homeless...

As i say, not bitter, but disapointed and "heartbroken" might work, but ye know, after a while of toothache, ye think "when did this start"...

Want more dirty washing, or discuss privately on PMs or a phone call?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:08 pm 
2000+ Poster

Your turn to get the drinks in Paul,Some of your complaints were not in the hands of the group,but in other not connected,nobody within had the power to change them. I left thee group for my reasons long before I stopped attending Bushey on a regular basis. Personally I did not see the point of some of the personal attacks,even when he was leaving everybody alone.I did try to do a bit of peacemaking but I was cold shouldered by the rest of you.Fair enough did n't go my way so I left.
Yes Bushey does consume a lot of time,we are in a reccession and cost is everything. if the guys would rather do South of France than Wally around in a field in th UK. Thier choice, we aren't nor ever have had any aspirations to be 'something big' in the reenacting scene. Most of us have something going in the real world and reenacting is a hobby and only that. Phil running his WW2 vechiles all over the place is not an option,Twinwood and Waltham keeps the mileage down and also the travelling time.
we are not in a competition , Bushey is great, can go every month do our bits with no great financial outlay.It draws no bad publicity unlike some reenactor must do events. As far as the guys go they have n't got a problem with you.They feel you have a problem with them.
We have never celebrated the founding of the FSSFLHGUK. So get that weed out of your ass!
What happens from here on is n't in my hands as I don't belong to any group, I am a free agent,I'll work with anybody to enhance the hobby and I'll assist any Newbies if I can.I'll phone you and have a chat.Drink up my round!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:59 pm 
5000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

Aye, and go on a jolly in Wales without telling anyone :roll:

anyway, plenty more dirty washing, fill up the display of the other year there... If they are not the FSSF LHG-UK anymore, then they should hand over the plague to the guy who was awarded it :evil:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 15:37 pm 
Supporter

SaddleTramp wrote:
Aye, and go on a jolly in Wales without telling anyone :roll:

anyway, plenty more dirty washing, fill up the display of the other year there... If they are not the FSSF LHG-UK anymore, then they should hand over the plague to the guy who was awarded it :evil:

Paul PM me your address and i will send you the plaque and the plague. I have no problem with that.

Cheers Phil

borderline personality disorder.] The character displays the behaviors of impulsivity, emotional lability, frantic efforts to avoid abandonment, frequent severe anger, changing from idealization to devaluation, consistent with the diagnosis, although generally aggression to the self rather than others is a more common feature in borderline personality disorder.

Its like a woman scorned
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i95JsLeNB94
This group is no longer the First Special Service Force... Please change your name to the First Allied Airborne and hand over the plaque... I've had it :roll: VERY BAD TASTE INDEED

old man flat caps, baggy 1980s leather jacket , old grand dad shirt, and denim jeans (aye, we all know they had jeans, but they mostly wore dungarees) in any case, a modern tiny wee turnup?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 16:59 pm 
2000+ Poster

OK game over let's just get on with it,there 's plenty to do and daylight is burning!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 20:46 pm 
5000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

Fk the plaque, just eh plague will do, and don't skip on the rats

EDIT; did I say plague, wot a typo :roll: :D

Last edited by SaddleTramp on Tue Aug 21, 2012 21:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 20:47 pm 
5000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

...................................................................................

Last edited by SaddleTramp on Tue Aug 21, 2012 21:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 21:00 pm 
5000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

Gee wizz, makes sense now.... :roll:

Always go wi yer gut feeling, never fails ye ... Ohhh s**t, better lock the chickens up, there's foxes out there in them woods across the road :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 22:11 pm 
2000+ Poster

Ok I got a theory on Jake Walkmiester,propably a load of crap,Need more info on this get your asses in gear, plenty of space on the unit thread.Also what happened to Gus Hielman? Did he survive the war?
C'mon we are better than this,finish your drinks, you got things to do,people to see ,places to go!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:53 am 
5000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

land-waster wrote:
Ok I got a theory on Jake Walkmiester,propably a load of crap,Need more info on this get your asses in gear, plenty of space on the unit thread.Also what happened to Gus Hielman? Did he survive the war?
C'mon we are better than this,finish your drinks, you got things to do,people to see ,places to go!

seen that, pretty good theory and I like it, I'll take a look at the copies of the documents I have and see if there's anything in the reports - Once I get time :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:12 am 
2000+ Poster

Cracking information Paul. Sad but true springs to mind.We really got to dig up some of the history and post war lives of some of the Force's Characters.
If not serious reenacters, we can be serious historians.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:29 am 
5000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

land-waster wrote:
Cracking information Paul. Sad but true springs to mind.We really got to dig up some of the history and post war lives of some of the Force's Characters.
If not serious reenacters, we can be serious historians.

Quite a lot is a rehash Gordon... Force motto "we move only forward" ...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 15:15 pm 
5000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

Hey Gordon, I just had to "we attend events throughout the UK", I mean, c'mon there is a UK that extends beyond the M25, even though you Londoners don't think so :lol: :lol: :lol:

Right, I'm off to get the guys for the Friday meet'n'Greet, they will pleased to see the plague :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1288 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 77, 78, 79, 80, 81  Next