WWIIReenacting.co.uk Forums

Uniting UK Re-enactors since 2003

It is currently Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:24 am

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1288 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81  Next
 Post subject: Re: BAZOOKA BAR
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 15:45 pm 
Supporter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSX-5gmR ... re=related

borderline personality disorder.] The character displays the behaviors of impulsivity, emotional lability, frantic efforts to avoid abandonment, frequent severe anger, changing from idealization to devaluation, consistent with the diagnosis, although generally aggression to the self rather than others is a more common feature in borderline personality disorder.

Its like a woman scorned
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i95JsLeNB94
This group is no longer the First Special Service Force... Please change your name to the First Allied Airborne and hand over the plaque... I've had it :roll: VERY BAD TASTE INDEED

old man flat caps, baggy 1980s leather jacket , old grand dad shirt, and denim jeans (aye, we all know they had jeans, but they mostly wore dungarees) in any case, a modern tiny wee turnup?

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 16:10 pm 
2000+ Poster

Nice one Phil,Bet they wondered who was the enemy.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 17:12 pm 
Supporter

New Motor Pool :wink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NU3vWlmq ... r_embedded

borderline personality disorder.] The character displays the behaviors of impulsivity, emotional lability, frantic efforts to avoid abandonment, frequent severe anger, changing from idealization to devaluation, consistent with the diagnosis, although generally aggression to the self rather than others is a more common feature in borderline personality disorder.

Its like a woman scorned
This group is no longer the First Special Service Force... Please change your name to the First Allied Airborne and hand over the plaque... I've had it :roll: VERY BAD TASTE INDEED

old man flat caps, baggy 1980s leather jacket , old grand dad shirt, and denim jeans (aye, we all know they had jeans, but they mostly wore dungarees) in any case, a modern tiny wee turnup?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 17:22 pm 
2000+ Poster

Hardcases of the 82nd Airborne.504th PIR no less. Got some stills of that in my regimental history.Did you notice the guy with the .03 springfield.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 17:29 pm 
1000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

Group: HBSA, Lovat Society, UKPSA
land-waster wrote:
Hardcases of the 82nd Airborne.504th PIR no less. Got some stills of that in my regimental history. Did you notice the guy with the .03 springfield.

...there were SEVERAL guys armed with '03 Springfields!! Very common to see them in Italy...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 19:30 pm 
2000+ Poster

Group: 16 Parachute Field Ambulance
Proper 03's or A3's Springers? Any pictures of there use with the force?

Can dig out one for the impression :D

Danny

Remembering the 36th Regiment of Foot, Herefordshire Militia, Herefordshire Rifle Volunteer Corps, Herefordshire Regiment, Hereford Light Infantry, Light Infantry and the Rifles.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 18:46 pm 
2000+ Poster

Origins of patch and collar tags. I know Paul has loads of info on the patch design,many call it a spearhead, it was based on the stone arrowheads used by the plains indians.The crossed arrows were the insignia of the Civilian Scouts commanded by regular officers.Perhaps Fredrick thought of the toughness and self reliance of these guys when he established the Force. Perhaps even the suicide mission planned for Norway made him cast his mind back to Sandy Forsyth and Fred Beecher with thier fifty scouts who set out in 1868 to find hostile indians and engage them.They certainly managed this at a sandy island in the Arickee River when for eight days they held out against mass attacks from between 750-1500 Cheyenne,Sioux Arapaho and sundry renagades under Roman Nose the war chief of the Cheyenne Dog Soldiers. Roman Nose was killed in the ensuing battle.The last few days turned into a sniping match between the scouts and the indians.Less than ten of the scouts were killed or died of thier wounds. As the indians had killed or run off all the mules and horse.The four men sent to get help were forced to walk 80 to a 100 miles across the open prairie playing hide and seek with hostiles on horseback. As Alex Hailey said in his novel ROOTS. You gotta know who you is.The Scouts only had a lifespan of the Indian Wars once they were over the Scouts disappeared.Thier Legend lives on,much the same with with the Force.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:09 am 
2000+ Poster

As a little add-to for my last post.Many of the Tribes had men serving as scouts with the army,maybe just to settle old scores, who knows the real motive. Perhaps that was where the Chiefs and Braves originated. Food for thought.Most of the oddball outfits that become legends have thier origins in the past ,not in SOF's warehouse or similar. There is more to belonging to our unit than just dressing up and waving a gun about. Wheat from the Chaff guys thats what it's all about!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 14:54 pm 
Supporter

Anzio

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weCfm3d4 ... re=related

Its like a woman scorned

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 14:57 pm 
Supporter

Battle Sleds

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HoJs1mY1gY

Its like a woman scorned

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 19:17 pm 
Supporter

Guys is this true or the words of a silly little man ?
Commercial events and those supposedly set up to raise money for charity will always have a lower standard of entry if indeed they even set a standard, they NEED the groups, the pictures appearing on this site proves this :wink: :evil:

Its like a woman scorned

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 16:40 pm 
5000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

Group: FSSF-UK
sad sack wrote:
Guys is this true or the words of a silly little man ?
Commercial events and those supposedly set up to raise money for charity will always have a lower standard of entry if indeed they even set a standard, they NEED the groups, the pictures appearing on this site proves this :wink: :evil:

Silly wee oompah loompah wi a wee fat belly and clown boots, have ye seen them ? Ohh, and just a little hypocritical :lol: :lol: :lol:

Strange, they only post in my threads when it's controversial, seems they want to vent their spleens whilst claiming victimhood ; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEwVpWFyy3M

"I don't use the pozi net ,because there are too many left wing oversensitive retards on there..."

"I reflect on the infamous 1987 photograph by American artist Andres Serrano that depicts a crucifix submerged in a glass of the artist's urine. I remember all the leftists that jeered and mocked me, and many Christians like me, for being bruised by that photograph (the title of which I would rather not verbalize). They scoffed and told us to get a life. These are the same people today, unsurprisingly, who are stridently arguing for curtailment of free speech not to offend Muslims."

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:29 am 
2000+ Poster

Phil, have given your post some carefull consideration,yes it did take some time.
Commercial Events paying public comes to see!
Charity Events paying public comes to see.
Private Battle, unrealistic shambles of total inaccuracy,reenactors foot the bill in total.
Other Private events, we outwardly they look good but content lacking.People talking about modern cars, modern music and football,sorry soccer.
Where is the realism in any of this. Go for a meal with your group in England pay in Pounds and Pence,realism blown out of the water. Go for a meal in europe pay in Euros realism blown out of the water. So what is authenticity and standards? the best we can do on the day in an unnrealistic enviroment? We are hamstrung by the modern world so we all got to do the best we can. How do you see it?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 18:00 pm 
2000+ Poster

The virtual drinks are lined up!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 19:26 pm 
5000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

Group: FSSF-UK
land-waster wrote:
The virtual drinks are lined up!

Group is fkd, no longer the FSSF....Am i angry? no, broken hearted, the kind when yer teenage girlfreind has dumped ye for another... fk it, finished gordon... why the fk go all the way to the same area, and spend all that money, and do Airborne, and go nowhere near the force areas, fine, do it, no problem, but don't call yourself the FSSF-LHG UK, call yourself somethign else, but not the FSSF LHG UK, that's my point, but there's more dirty washing, but I'm not gonna hang it out here, rather keep that private and for the persons concerned...

Strange, they only post in my threads when it's controversial, seems they want to vent their spleens whilst claiming victimhood ; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEwVpWFyy3M

"I don't use the pozi net ,because there are too many left wing oversensitive retards on there..."

"I reflect on the infamous 1987 photograph by American artist Andres Serrano that depicts a crucifix submerged in a glass of the artist's urine. I remember all the leftists that jeered and mocked me, and many Christians like me, for being bruised by that photograph (the title of which I would rather not verbalize). They scoffed and told us to get a life. These are the same people today, unsurprisingly, who are stridently arguing for curtailment of free speech not to offend Muslims."

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 20:01 pm 
2000+ Poster

It's not over,just advancing in a differnt direction. The invite to SoF was for an Airborne/Infantry theme.There was no scope for doing anything else, they were guests of the French and they are getting a whole lot better organised now and the rules are the rules. When they do the Force over there they do the Force,when they do the beach and Airlandings they do it. It was not our show it was theirs so thats it.It shows quality to be able to slot in and do what is required and that iss what the guys did,I say they were a credit to the group. They achieved much with diplomacy and compliance to the wishes of the organisers and wearing correct uniforms.
No doubt they would rather have done the Force, that was n't an option.
If you had gone over there doing what you wanted regardless, you would n't get invited again,it's happened to another group.You did a lot of work making the contacts the guys built on your good work. I think you are getting uptight over nothing more than a good PR operation by the guys.
Have another drink and look at things from a slightly less jaundiced eye and you can see they carried it off well. If you can't win be the best second place they ever seen!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1288 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81  Next