WWIIReenacting.co.uk Forums

Uniting UK Re-enactors since 2003

It is currently Thu Oct 17, 2019 21:23 pm

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1288 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81  Next
 Post subject: Re: BAZOOKA BAR
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 16:26 pm 
5000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

Group: FSSF-UK
land-waster wrote:
What colour should I paint my field cooker for a mountain scenario??White ? Pictures of mountains on the side so as nobody notices it amongst the peaks? I know nothing of these things please enlighten!!!

Don't really matter Gordie, coz by the time we set up the brightly cleaned silver pots and pans, as well as the corrugated silver wash bins, ration boxes and crates, it wouldn't matter a jot!!

Though I would think a groovy special forces tiger stripes would look pure bling!!

Strange, they only post in my threads when it's controversial, seems they want to vent their spleens whilst claiming victimhood ; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEwVpWFyy3M

"I don't use the pozi net ,because there are too many left wing oversensitive retards on there..."

"I reflect on the infamous 1987 photograph by American artist Andres Serrano that depicts a crucifix submerged in a glass of the artist's urine. I remember all the leftists that jeered and mocked me, and many Christians like me, for being bruised by that photograph (the title of which I would rather not verbalize). They scoffed and told us to get a life. These are the same people today, unsurprisingly, who are stridently arguing for curtailment of free speech not to offend Muslims."

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:30 am 
5000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

Guys:

In some cases words which disagree wi me.com on this thread are being used as the subject of words on other threads, when this become the case they are moved to (codename) ULTRALAZE to counter direct links to this thread...

These words remain active; it only means other undesirables (people who disagree wi me) do not have access...

Regards

Pee (Dee)

Oops, typo error not stupidity, it's "becomes", not "become"... My bad... :roll:

Strange, they only post in my threads when it's controversial, seems they want to vent their spleens whilst claiming victimhood ; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEwVpWFyy3M

"I don't use the pozi net ,because there are too many left wing oversensitive retards on there..."

"I reflect on the infamous 1987 photograph by American artist Andres Serrano that depicts a crucifix submerged in a glass of the artist's urine. I remember all the leftists that jeered and mocked me, and many Christians like me, for being bruised by that photograph (the title of which I would rather not verbalize). They scoffed and told us to get a life. These are the same people today, unsurprisingly, who are stridently arguing for curtailment of free speech not to offend Muslims."

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 19:18 pm 
2000+ Poster

Well the long winters evenings are upon us.Time to pop a few corks and have a sensible adult discussion.(that'll be a first, let's see who starts dismantling thier toys first.LOL).
The Paras thread once again brought up Paul and my favorite hobby horse, lack of forties culture in reenactors.Yes propably the hardest thing to achieve as no known uniform or weapons dealers have it in stock,the individual has to spend hours researching and interviewing people who were around at the time.Most youngsters have a big issue in getting along with thier parents,who's culture is only a generation away.I'm not talking mass hysteria here and I think that recreating the Nurenburg Rallies is a little beyond the ability of German Reenactors,nor am I advocating the more extremist attitudes of right/ left wing polotics. The Germans had thier Nazi party, we had the Moseley Facist Movement,the Yanks well the had to out-do every one with the Klan.(I don't think those guys even liked themselves,they just hated everybody).Uncle Joe and his version of communism well that makes all the others pale into insignificance,mass murder, ethnic cleansing on a grand scale!Hell I've been researching this culture thing for close to thirty years and I still have n't got it right, but I keep researching and trying. To get even the forties look is hard ,our body language is wrong,look around we stand more like monkeys than 1940s people,it's cool to go out looking like a tramp low hanging trousers,(can't they afford to buy a belt out of thier benefits???).Try and dislocate your bottom yaw so as it swings from side to side like A Silverback, then you become one cool dude! In the forties smartness was the big thing,hair was cut shaving was manditory suits for civis was the norm, smart dress uniform for the military. Yes in combat the guys were dirty and ragged, but when they were not on the line all the culture crept back in and thier efforts to look like the Movie Stars of the period came to the fore.Anybody know anything about 1930s-40s football or base ball? I don't so where does this hobby lead us who knows. I've gone to great lengths to study the political culture of the USA during the 1920s through to the 1940s,the depression the Gangsters and the so called Public Enemies such as Dillenger, Nelson and the Barrow gang,the suffering of the Farmers when the dust-bowls happened. the rise of the Klan to become a threat to the USA as a revival of the secessionist movement,hence J .Edgar Hoover's FBI was set on them, nobody really bothered that they lynched a few black folks as the who country was racist anyway.Just look at the way black troops were treated during the war even outside thier own country.
Let's keep this open to all who wish to contribute,an exchange of views,perhaps we can all learn from this. Now to put the cat among the pigeons.
One of the best efforts I've seen on this forum was when Lee Bowden and some of his group did the 1930s country house weekend. At the very least an effort to go outside the box and have a grab at the culture.
Sorry for mentioning the name of the unmentionable I will do my pennance.
Father forgive me for I have sinned,I will say One hundred Our Fathers and fifty Hail Mary's. Hmmm not a bad grasp of Roman Catholicism for a Protestant Jew! Or to put it another way 'If you don't like what I write stick your nose up a dead bears bum!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 21:44 pm 
5000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

land-waster wrote:
Well the long winters evenings are upon us.Time to pop a few corks and have a sensible adult discussion.(that'll be a first, let's see who starts dismantling thier toys first.LOL).
The Paras thread once again brought up Paul and my favorite hobby horse, lack of forties culture in reenactors.Yes propably the hardest thing to achieve as no known uniform or weapons dealers have it in stock,the individual has to spend hours researching and interviewing people who were around at the time.Most youngsters have a big issue in getting along with thier parents,who's culture is only a generation away.I'm not talking mass hysteria here and I think that recreating the Nurenburg Rallies is a little beyond the ability of German Reenactors,nor am I advocating the more extremist attitudes of right/ left wing polotics. The Germans had thier Nazi party, we had the Moseley Facist Movement,the Yanks well the had to out-do every one with the Klan.(I don't think those guys even liked themselves,they just hated everybody).Uncle Joe and his version of communism well that makes all the others pale into insignificance,mass murder, ethnic cleansing on a grand scale!Hell I've been researching this culture thing for close to thirty years and I still have n't got it right, but I keep researching and trying. To get even the forties look is hard ,our body language is wrong,look around we stand more like monkeys than 1940s people,it's cool to go out looking like a tramp low hanging trousers,(can't they afford to buy a belt out of thier benefits???).Try and dislocate your bottom yaw so as it swings from side to side like A Silverback, then you become one cool dude! In the forties smartness was the big thing,hair was cut shaving was manditory suits for civis was the norm, smart dress uniform for the military. Yes in combat the guys were dirty and ragged, but when they were not on the line all the culture crept back in and thier efforts to look like the Movie Stars of the period came to the fore.Anybody know anything about 1930s-40s football or base ball? I don't so where does this hobby lead us who knows. I've gone to great lengths to study the political culture of the USA during the 1920s through to the 1940s,the depression the Gangsters and the so called Public Enemies such as Dillenger, Nelson and the Barrow gang,the suffering of the Farmers when the dust-bowls happened. the rise of the Klan to become a threat to the USA as a revival of the secessionist movement,hence J .Edgar Hoover's FBI was set on them, nobody really bothered that they lynched a few black folks as the who country was racist anyway.Just look at the way black troops were treated during the war even outside thier own country.
Let's keep this open to all who wish to contribute,an exchange of views,perhaps we can all learn from this. Now to put the cat among the pigeons.
One of the best efforts I've seen on this forum was when Lee Bowden and some of his group did the 1930s country house weekend. At the very least an effort to go outside the box and have a grab at the culture.
Sorry for mentioning the name of the unmentionable I will do my pennance.
Father forgive me for I have sinned,I will say One hundred Our Fathers and fifty Hail Mary's. Hmmm not a bad grasp of Roman Catholicism for a Protestant Jew! Or to put it another way 'If you don't like what I write stick your nose up a dead bears bum!

Waaaa....Who the fks Lee Bowden :roll:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 17:49 pm 
2000+ Poster

Did you join the foriegn legion to forget Paul?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:05 am 
5000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

land-waster wrote:
Did you join the foriegn legion to forget Paul?

No, but I've met some... :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 16:30 pm 
2000+ Poster

I am a bit disappointed that the unit thread has become P*** take corner.I am as guilty as anyone but we should really keep the sillies in here,everyone will know where to look.
There is so much quality stuff that could be put in there. Look at some of the discusions at the museum when everybody puts on thier sensible head. Nothing wrong with having a joke or two and a good wind-up is always fun,but you guys have got a lot to offer the hobby with the facilities available and the documentary evidence you have collected,you know what I am talking about. I know thre is more to you guys than a bit of Dressy-Up .

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:04 pm 
5000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

land-waster wrote:
I am a bit disappointed that the unit thread has become P*** take corner.I am as guilty as anyone but we should really keep the sillies in here,everyone will know where to look.
There is so much quality stuff that could be put in there. Look at some of the discusions at the museum when everybody puts on thier sensible head. Nothing wrong with having a joke or two and a good wind-up is always fun,but you guys have got a lot to offer the hobby with the facilities available and the documentary evidence you have collected,you know what I am talking about. I know thre is more to you guys than a bit of Dressy-Up .

"I just had some intel passed onto me"... "That some feathers will be ruffled"... One part of that is a lie, another is bullshite... Both narcissistic based... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Research is the key, and further proper research shows through... :D

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 20:44 pm 
2000+ Poster

The only ruffled feathers I know about is my chooks,they don't like the rain! Still laying faster than we can get rid of the eggs.They don't like to come out in the rain they hate getting their feet muddy.
The Anzio farm is alive and well in Hemel Hempstead. High yield on the allotment again this year,still can't get on it to lift the Potatoes and Parsnips. Real ww2 reenacting or what?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 22:19 pm 
5000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

On the subject of eggs Gordon, had trouble wi the cloth eating variety this year, ordinary moth balls are effective but they are harmful to cats ,dogs, budgies and small people etc... Some shops sell the wooden cedar balls which are particularly effective and easily found on ebay... Dry cleaning kills the larvae and freshens up the cloth but will not get rid of years of moth ball stench, clinically clean but you still stink... We can repair holes left by the laundering process washing out what is effectively moth larvae crap which is when the holes appear all at once!
Moth balls are only good for dropping on anal people who constantly drone on about the correct apple butter ....
Jeez man!!

Last edited by SaddleTramp on Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:05 am 
Supporter

That is because ther are Harvey Dents :twisted:

borderline personality disorder.] The character displays the behaviors of impulsivity, emotional lability, frantic efforts to avoid abandonment, frequent severe anger, changing from idealization to devaluation, consistent with the diagnosis, although generally aggression to the self rather than others is a more common feature in borderline personality disorder.

Its like a woman scorned
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i95JsLeNB94
This group is no longer the First Special Service Force... Please change your name to the First Allied Airborne and hand over the plaque... I've had it :roll: VERY BAD TASTE INDEED

old man flat caps, baggy 1980s leather jacket , old grand dad shirt, and denim jeans (aye, we all know they had jeans, but they mostly wore dungarees) in any case, a modern tiny wee turnup?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:47 am 
2000+ Poster

Mothing can be a problem try not to keep you woolen gear in dark places,if you have to, take it out and air them in the sunlight regularly.Place well oiled cedar boards on the base and inside top of the wardrobe again don't take them for granterd oil with cedar oil in the spring. Best advice on keeping the moth at bay.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:16 am 
5000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

land-waster wrote:
Mothing can be a problem try not to keep you woolen gear in dark places,if you have to, take it out and air them in the sunlight regularly.Place well oiled cedar boards on the base and inside top of the wardrobe again don't take them for granterd oil with cedar oil in the spring. Best advice on keeping the moth at bay.

so, do we throw the boards, or just the oil at anal people who drone on about their toes?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 16:32 pm 
5000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

http://faaa.forumotion.com/photos-and-v ... a-t305.htm

We got one of those :D

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 17:34 pm 
5000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

SaddleTramp wrote:
http://faaa.forumotion.com/photos-and-videos-f3/dodge-ambulance-in-estonia-t305.htm

We got one of those :D

"The topic or post you requested showing an ambulance with me crying I want one does not exist".... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 21:56 pm 
2000+ Poster

Over a period of time you guys have been boasting about your far sighted attitude to reenactment and such like.You lead others follow. I was n't really convinced until a couple of weeks ago when who less than the Labour Deputy Prime Minister used material from one of your posts. My word don't you guys have influence in high places.Unfortunatly she had to make an apology in the house when she refered to a member of the House as a Ginger Rodent. I eagerly await your apology on this Forum. LOL!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1288 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81  Next