WWIIReenacting.co.uk Forums

Uniting UK Re-enactors since 2003

It is currently Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:15 am

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1288 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 81  Next
 Post subject: BAZOOKA BAR
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 22:49 pm 
 WWW  Profile

What do ya know, what do ya say?

Come in chill out, and chew the fat about the Force...Call us gremlins, call us the killer diller, 18 karat....As long as ye have a ball!

The Officers Club in of 1st Regt. Santa Maria Castlabate, Italy....1944...

Order a drink and blow wot ya know...Or ask...Discuss...

"You could go down to the canyon
p**s away this incarnation
but just remember that you pay for what you get"

"Can't you make up your mind?"
"That's the trouble, I haven't got a brain"
"How can you talk if you haven't got a brain"
"I don't know, but some people without brains do an awful lot of talking, don't they?"

Owner of a 1940's film reel, original k ration box, toys in the attick, and a barrel full of clouds...

www.freewebs.com/fssf-uk

www.freewebs.com/jumpwings

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 22:50 pm 
 WWW  Profile

Drinks....

Taken from the actual bar signs....

So to kick this off....

Jake Walkmeister I am told was a former Chicago gangster...But Gordon knows more:

"I don't know, but some people without brains do an awful lot of talking, don't they?"

Owner of a 1940's film reel, original k ration box, toys in the attick, and a barrel full of clouds...

www.freewebs.com/fssf-uk

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 15:00 pm 
2000+ Poster

Hi Buddy what you having? Great lets get going .Yeah we will have some force chat, however no one is excluded. This is a virtual Bar so lets make it your local,grab a couple of cans ,bottle of wine ,cool glass of bottled water.and take the p**s, have a moan , you can even start a mini- topic here, we want to run this thread indefinitely. So please no racist or any other' ist remarks .Scotman excluded! Start ranting and screaming then you can expect what you would get in a pub,This will not be virtual, this will be actual at the best opportunity. Get the Drift! Yes we can have a heated exchanges ,but no personal attacks.(except me and Jumpwings,on each other we are always taking the p**s so ignore it). If you want to bring up a potenially contraversial subject do it here. Hopefully we are all grown up enough to handle it ,this includes critisms of us, we are not perfect,we would strive for it,but I feel it will always be beyond our grasp. We are not forcing opinions on you We assume you can make up your own mind.
We are self-confessed Bad -Boys, but not Nasties.So take us or leave us!

GlenM - see my post below please.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 15:19 pm 
2000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

Hello!
truce?
Now you have a home will you boys be good?

If not I'll send you off to live with Spencer Tracey!!!

;-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 16:58 pm 
2000+ Poster

Force Myths and Legends:- The Green Berets were decended from the FSSF!
The truth they wear crossed arrow collar insignia. The Lies, the Force was never used for raising armies from the indigenous population. the force was not used for covert operations In fact the Force trained harder than the modern US special Forces. The force operated as a cohesive unit,Green berets operate in small unit teams.
The Green Berets propably were nearer to the OSS than they were to the Force.
anybody else want to add ,I'm getting a Beer!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 17:08 pm 

Group: 2nd Armored in Europe
Let me make this quite clear.

If you can't keep this to a simple FSSF info thread whilst pretending to discuss it over a pint, then I'm locking it and will suggest that you re-open the doors in the "Books, Literature and Bios" as a WWII-themed Bio Bar.

This is NOT a free-for-all area, it is an area for information relevant to the FSSF or Rangers.

Cheers,
Glen.

Look Out Below! : http://www.look-out-below.co.uk/

"The only thing stopping you, is you"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 18:18 pm 
2000+ Poster

Hi Glen, what you drinking outta that mug with that stupid smile must be good stuff ,fight your way to the bar and I'll have one of the same.
Paul did you get that first Pattern Parka off ebay? What about the "see you Jimmy wig?" only Joking.
Are you still at work? I'm still working on the Stella! No not the ugly bird, the Lager! Did you get that email from me? The ebay one! I really had to laugh! One size fits all! there certainly are some Dumbos about! Hey that Camera arrived today, you know the Graphlex Press Camera ,like the one Jack Rosenthal took the Iwo Jima flag picture.I'm leaving it for Lee to open at the week end, He's like a Kid at Christmas when it comes to undoing Parcels. It has alll the rangefinders flash kit and Christ knows what.Told you we'd do the War Correspondant attached to the Force properly, Got a slight problem. "How the F$*K does that camera work? Got some more news on the Anzio Farm thing not good! Talk later.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 18:38 pm 
Supporter

Group: FSSF
Glen move this topic to OT to save on the blood shed :roll: .

Paul i'd be interest in how the gangsters affected the u.s army in ww2,How about you..lot?

Dave.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 18:44 pm 

Group: 2nd Armored in Europe
land-waster wrote:
Hi Glen, what you drinking outta that mug with that stupid smile must be good stuff ,fight your way to the bar and I'll have one of the same.

That'll be some of that Calvados firecracker hooch from Normandy... hence the caption "How about a nice cup of Shut The F**k Up?"

Paul - check the links to those pics please as they've stopped appearing now in your posts. Good photos by the way, what's the story behind the place where the bar was - a rest area?

Cheers,
Glen.

Look Out Below! : http://www.look-out-below.co.uk/

"The only thing stopping you, is you"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 19:00 pm 
2000+ Poster

For those who are interested,the Bazookabar was the Officers Club and Brothel in the Anzio Beachead prop. J. Walkmiester. One of my all time heroes,a Force Legend and all round dodgy character. Sported a big handlebar moustache and was as first class businessman. Alledgedly he had some Chicago connections. Some of the best accounts of his exploits are found in The Devil's Brigade by adleman and Walton. If you can get a first edition hardback they have more photos than the later versions and the paperbacks. This is the book that got me hooked on the Force.

Paul, you told me the story,Was it Akehurst ,who saw that Forcemen Knock-out a German Gun crew,he killed Five was n't it, he saw Akehurst looking at him and the guy just smiled and said. "Tell Uncle Sam he owes me $2500, thats what they used to pay me back home for doing this."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 19:21 pm 

Group: First Special Service Force and M.T.O.
As we are on the Anzio Beachhead I would like a farm with chickens a goose and a cow. I think we should have a lottery for the goose egg when and if it lays. :lol:

The one Sam told us about :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 19:23 pm 

Paul as I am only a SGT and you been an officer what is it like in the Bazooka Bar :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 19:28 pm 
 WWW  Profile

The Bazooka bar was the Officers Club in Santa Maria, Castelabate..the Force training area and HQ...The bar your talking about Gordon (and the photo) is the Gusville Salloon....Remember Guss Heileman, and "Gussville"?....That is another story...

The posters are from the book of the Force by Ray Routhier (quite rare I am told), and there ain't much more I have on it...Best to ask the vets....Unfortuntely (Major) Ed Thomas's email is down, so I will have to wait till I see him...The other guys who where not in Guss's company might not know of...

I would like to propose to you all that this is the OFFICERS CLUB, so no fekin, fookin, fcukin....Keep it civil, and I have put it to Chris that we open an E.M bar (under the suggestion of the bouncer -Glen - to put the thread in some other section)..The Gusville Saloon, run by...You guessed it...Jake....I would like to further propose that this bar is a free for all, with the rules that when you come in for an argument, you buy everyone, or the guy/gal you wnat to "discuss" with a beer, then go to it...

Also, ONLY slaggin words in the period....So no fekin,, fookin, fcukin...Or your post is deleted, PERIOD.....Post a link to hardscrabblefarm for info on slanguage, or slagguage if you will...Wot do you think?

www.freewebs.com/fssf-uk

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 19:36 pm 

fekin good idea, sorry good idea :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 20:27 pm 
2000+ Poster

You 're right and they don't think we are really having a beer or several with our mates chatting about what we want to.Well s**t I'll get Gus motivated to overrun that little Ville in no mans land, Two bars are better than one, hows about getting the Rations from Cunningham down at the lighthouse. Chris wants a farm. With a Goose, like Sam had. Hell we started off with a bar now we've got a section of the Mussolini Canal as well! Thats it for tonight,I hate being a solitary drinker early in the evening.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 20:28 pm 
 WWW  Profile

Paul did you get that first Pattern Parka off ebay?

I did, waiting on it arriving....It does look as if there is some discolouration, but I will sort it....Ready for Victory Show...You know Sam is coming?

Did you get that email from me? The ebay one! I really had to laugh! One size fits all!

Wot this link?....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... :B:EF:US:2

Are they original?.... :lol:

www.freewebs.com/fssf-uk

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1288 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 81  Next