WWIIReenacting.co.uk Forums

Uniting UK Re-enactors since 2003

It is currently Wed Oct 16, 2019 19:27 pm

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 22:34 pm 
Supporter

Group: FSSF
You may get hooked 8) ,We need a number two on the BAR if you fancy a change 8) .

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 0:21 am 
4000+ Poster

Dont tempt me Bilko !....actually,carry on :)
No ,seriously,I cant afford to kit out at the min,I have basic kit,41 etc but its all origional,lots to think about though(especialy after your use of the magic word ,BAR!!).Were there many skinny 30 somethings in the Force ?
(must find an old pic I have of me in a badged up 41 with a Johnny gun)

War,huh,what is it good for? Absolutly nothin'.......but some jolly good films

. -. --. .-.. .- -. -.. / . -..- .--. . -.-. - ... / . ...- . .-. -.-- -- .- -. / - --- / -.. --- / .... .. ... / -.. ..- - -.--

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:36 am 
Supporter

Group: FSSF
kostya wrote:
No ,seriously,I cant afford to kit out at the min,I have basic kit,41 etc but its all origional,lots to think about though(especialy after your use of the magic word ,BAR!!).Were there many skinny 30 somethings in the Force ?

You can be the number "WANG" :wink: if you like?,Basic stuff is good no probs there at all.
As they say in starship troopers"want to know more",Drop me a pm with a contact number and "i'll" call or text at a time ok for you.

Regards,

Dave.

BTW,Sam said they used to retro fit BAR legs to the barrell of a .30 and add a "BUTT",less men in the team but not less fire power :shock: 8) .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:42 am 
kostya wrote:

If ye need any kit, just ask, us guys can always help out...Yep, you carry that BAR around!

btw..i've drank with a couple of the guys mentioned in that book... :wink: ...I used to have the Corgi one, gave it away...The one I got now is the 1966 hardback, it has some nice photos, including the one in the Gusville Saloon...
Also, in this copy there a copy of a facsimile from Frederick where he commented on the .... Well, I'll let you read below;

Last edited by Perdurabo on Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:45 am 
Now, I don't doubt for one minute there where some elements the emptying of the stockade, however, I am sure a lot of them would have been "weeded out" ni the selection process....Having said that, there are a few stories, and Sam alludes quite often to the issue of the thefts... :wink: ..But ye know, these guys where trained to be like that...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 13:58 pm 
4000+ Poster

Thanks for the responses,I didnt know whether to keep posting in this thread as its a stickey for resourses but..glad I did. I will keep this idea on the back burner so to speak for a while,I dont want to be a time waster so will wait a few weeks untill I get a clearer idea of my financial situation this year(suffice to say,Im still in temp accomadation(well,me mams) after the june floods!!:().
"You can be the number "WANG" if you like?,"
well,just as long as I get to point it at the bad guys with little skulls on their hats ;)
Truth be told,Im a little intimidated by your guys knowladge of the subject(and the fact I know full well in real life I'd have probably washed out during training :(),although I do realise we have all got to start somewhere:).Im going to hunt down a few more sources of refference and do a little creative acounting regarding kit etc,ie,I dont want to go down the path of selling existing kit in my collection just yet as this has been a source of much regret on my part in the past....
Interesting fascimile,although I may have just failed the eyesight test :)or at least ,after reading it my visions gone a bit bleary...
and yes,thats a big disapointment in the corgi edition,the fact that in the preface thanks are given to Bill Maudlin for use of (non existant) Willy and Joe pics :(
Just to have an idea though,what would be the "uniform" kit to get first?Ie,I notice on your site that you state m41 or tankers jacket,my preference(coz Ive always fancied one) would be the 42 but would I be better looking at a repro 41?
"But ye know, these guys where trained to be like that..."
nothing better than self suficiancy ;)
kai.
ps,watched the free dvd on the kennedy assasination conspiricy last night,sat bolt upright when Lee harvey Oswalds first targets name was mentioned!! Im guesing that was the same Gen'?See, a forceman knows how to duck,a Swabbie just sits there............

. -. --. .-.. .- -. -.. / . -..- .--. . -.-. - ... / . ...- . .-. -.-- -- .- -. / - --- / -.. --- / .... .. ... / -.. ..- - -.--

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 14:04 pm 
Supporter

if you ahve to get a FJ, get a M43.

get a set of mountain trousers.

and there you go (if you have your boots) the rest, just extra to add on later :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 14:05 pm 
Supporter

oh yeah, come and chat in our bar bellow

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 14:10 pm 
4000+ Poster

cool,I shall pull up a chair a little later on then,see you in the bar:)