WWIIReenacting.co.uk Forums

Uniting UK Re-enactors since 2003

It is currently Mon Nov 18, 2019 17:25 pm

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 14:25 pm 
 WWW  Profile

Along side the 1/35 scale figures I've been working on I've also been tackling this fellow. he's been partially built for over 15 years but never had the courage to attempt the camo. Anyway decided to give it a go.

Trousers complete and made a start on the field gear.

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 14:26 pm 
 WWW  Profile

Found another figure that I finished years ago. However this was before I started re-enactment so there are a few changes that need to be made. Will stand the 2 together on a small base.

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 18:52 pm 
3000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

Group: Poor Bloody Infantry
Very nice mate, tidy work.

I think the only possible suggestion i could make is that a little light grey or white drybrushing on the edges of the dot44 would give it that 'worn'look it quickly gets, i'd probably also plaster the knees, trouser seat and elbows with dried mud.

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 21:25 pm 
4000+ Poster

Yep. Nerds will instantly recognise chap in helmet as being from te propaganda footage and stills shot during the early stages of the Bulge, mud mud and more mud :)

War,huh,what is it good for? Absolutly nothin'.......but some jolly good films

. -. --. .-.. .- -. -.. / . -..- .--. . -.-. - ... / . ...- . .-. -.-- -- .- -. / - --- / -.. --- / .... .. ... / -.. ..- - -.--

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 15:44 pm 
3000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

Group: Poor Bloody Infantry
Its like when i used to do 1/72 scale armour for wargames. If you want it to look 'right' you need to pretty much paint the buggers in brown mud all over but it's not 'cinematic'. Especially the tracks. whenever i've worked with real armour you just cant see the tracks or track pads for mud but i always compromised by painting them 'showroom' finish (so to speak) then really covering the tracks and underside with a mud mix of paint and talc and then lightly drybrushing the upper surfaces with beige and even white on some really sharp angles to make them look dusty and used.

I also find , espeically with figures like these, that a light grey or beige drybrush makes the camo pattern more convincing as it can blur the edges between 'drawings' (like the splotches) a little and make it look less hard edged.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:54 pm 

Group: Die Kopf Jager, 1st LSSAH Feldgendarmerie
Ive been working on the second figure for over three years now he spent that time sat in a display case, i might get around to it now ive moved into a bigger place, ive modified the first figure ill post a picture later when ive taken some