WWIIReenacting.co.uk Forums

Uniting UK Re-enactors since 2003

It is currently Fri Apr 28, 2017 21:39 pm

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 20:59 pm 

As per the subject, just wondering how many of you chaps collect 1/6th scale?

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 21:53 pm 

Group: Mixed bag
Hi mate I do on a small scale tho only Dragon kits no tanks .Most of mine are still boxed . I do plan to do a 250 late version half track when I get round to it .I also have 1.16 stuff including a Ostwind scratch built Hetzer and started a RSO .But model makings kinda on hold but thinking on the 1.6 250.

Andy

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 12:23 pm 
1000+ Poster

Group: I/II-AA Das Reich (W.A.R.S)
I have a 5 man "Das Reich" team, one of which identical in equipment and uniform to myself. I have been acquiring and scratch building all the display items our group uses.
We have used these a couple of times at shows, recreating our IG18 gun and crew and PAK36 gun and crew.
During the day, if some kids come past I shout "Stellung!" and the 1:1 crew man the weapons in identical poses to the 1:6 crew.
Goes down a storm..............

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 13:09 pm 

Group: 9th SS
i have 1 brit paratrooper arnhem 44,1 brit SAS 44. 1 brit dunkirk 1940 ,1 US pacific marine(plus metal 3 cal), 1 US infrantry with bazooka, 1 german panzer crew,1 german heer officer,2 german mg34 grenadier's,2 german tropical grenadiers,1 SS grenadier late 44,1 german hitler youth summer uniform,1 hitler youth winter uniform, 1 kettenkrad with trailer,1 Pak

All dragon D.I.D figures, plus metal panzerfausts, wood and metal K98s

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 17:02 pm 

My collection is German (at the mo) I have several figures and the following Dragon 1.6 kits

Kubelwagen RC and working lights DAk version
Kubelwagen European version (in box)
Schwimwagen (in box)
Sdkfz 250 (running gear at the mo hope to start this soon) scratch built
Ketenkrad (part built)
20mm single flak gun (in box)
20mm quad flak (in box)
Nebelewerfer (metal)
I also plan to build Panzer IV , Scratch built

All above will be improved/corected and with the exception of the ketenkrad and flak guns will be radio control.

Andy

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 21:58 pm 

My 1.6 Dragon DAK Kubel .A lot of work corecting as the Dragon kit is a mixture of early and late features .As its DAK I have gone for a early model .This is RC but I bought it ready converted.The front lights and Notek light work as do the rear and convoy lights. Also speed dial lights up.

Andy

ps just noticed one rifle holder has come of :-(

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 13:53 pm 

Group: bikini state modernish raf regiment newark air mu
Hi all I have mainly action man but have about 10 dragon or 21st century models, I have to that the two latter ones are of better quality and if action man had carried on as the original plan was then they may have been as good. Though I do like the ceremonial sets and the famous British carded sets, I also have a lot of kit that isn't even on display, this is sad as my models take up a lot of room. That said all my real kit does too and lots of that to put out alas no space so mr attic gets to enjoy instead.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 20:04 pm 

I have a few , time consuming and expensive hobby though . I haven't done any for a couple of years now , I have several projects on hold , keep saying they will get done when I retire .

Rob