WWIIReenacting.co.uk Forums

Uniting UK Re-enactors since 2003

It is currently Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:47 am

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username

Post subject: Re: Stood Down?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 15:59 pm 

Group: BBC War Reporting Unit
Search it every day as a matter of course. Not much on here I'm qualified to comment on but enjoy reading :) See all my photos have gone as I won't pay photobucket to allow third party views. Pretty much put the Kaibosh on illustrated posts for me, I'm afraid.

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 17:59 pm 

same here mate its a rip off in my view

Private When i said there was a camel close by for you to ride i meant you could ride it into town !!!!!!!!!

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the crotch of the person who screws up your day and may their arms be too short to scratch.

http://vietnamreenactors.myfastforum.org

http://vietnamuk.moonfruit.com

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 19:26 pm 
Forum Legend
 WWW  Profile

Group: Glamorgan Home Guard, AFRA
hang on i'll try to 'do' a picture ....

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

"LIFE IS GOOD" - Hitcock45

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 19:26 pm 
Forum Legend
 WWW  Profile

Tidy Mun ;-)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 21:39 pm 
3000+ Poster
 YIM  Profile

Group: Independant
Paul, Dave ... you dont need Photobucket, or any hosting site I think ... as Barry has just done (Im assuming) you can upload straight from your pic file on your PC/laptop or whatever, as long as it is under 250 kb it will load to these pages ... a tip for you all, make it more than 100 kb and it will load as a picture rather than a file you have to click to open.

8th USAAF
Somewhere in England

... " I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals " ...

... " I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them " ...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:05 am 
Forum Legend
 WWW  Profile

Correspondent wrote:
Paul, Dave ... you dont need Photobucket, or any hosting site I think ... as Barry has just done (Im assuming) you can upload straight from your pic file on your PC/laptop or whatever, as long as it is under 250 kb it will load to these pages ... a tip for you all, make it more than 100 kb and it will load as a picture rather than a file you have to click to open.

yep, thats what i did :D

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:40 am 
 WWW  Profile

LEI-12-HG wrote:
In the words of the great Pink Floyd song... "Hello, is there anybody out there?" or has this forum and its members gone to the great parade ground in the sky?

Agree wholeheartedly with the sentiment, Austin. Such a shame - whether or not it's all a question of diminishing interest in the subject, this type of forum still seems to me to be the best platform for exchanging information and for re-enactors (of which I am not one, as it happens) to share and discuss their interest. Amongst much else, it is searchable and things don't get superseded and irretrievably buried almost immediately as they do on the most popular Facebook history pages.

I am sure you are aware of one useful HG Facebook page (!) and I wonder if we could give this Forum a shot in the arm by sharing the odd more interesting post from there. And/or for any of us who has something new and possibly interesting to say, to post HERE rather than elsewhere.

Chris

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:22 am 
 WWW  Profile

Group: Leicestershire Home Guard Remembrance
ChrisM wrote:
LEI-12-HG wrote:
In the words of the great Pink Floyd song... "Hello, is there anybody out there?" or has this forum and its members gone to the great parade ground in the sky?

Agree wholeheartedly with the sentiment, Austin. Such a shame - whether or not it's all a question of diminishing interest in the subject, this type of forum still seems to me to be the best platform for exchanging information and for re-enactors (of which I am not one, as it happens) to share and discuss their interest. Amongst much else, it is searchable and things don't get superseded and irretrievably buried almost immediately as they do on the most popular Facebook history pages.

I am sure you are aware of one useful HG Facebook page (!) and I wonder if we could give this Forum a shot in the arm by sharing the odd more interesting post from there. And/or for any of us who has something new and possibly interesting to say, to post HERE rather than elsewhere.

Chris

Yes, fair point Chris.

This forum is far easier to search for topics than on Facebook.

Similarly, so is your website - which (continues) to show why it is so important as a resource.

That said, I think the main and alarming issue that needs to be addressed is the diminishing interest (and the reasons for it) in the subject, say, compared to just 7 years ago, in 2010.