WWIIReenacting.co.uk Forums

Uniting UK Re-enactors since 2003

It is currently Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:14 am

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 23:58 pm 

I have a Mk6 gas mask bag but am not clear on exactly how to fit in ready position.
Seem to be a few loops and hooks I'm not sure what to do with. The hook on the ring on bag, and the eyelet on middle of strap as well as the hole at the end of the slider on strap.
Am I right in thinking the cord that went around body went through the eyelet?
Attachment:
IMG_1412.JPG

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 19:20 pm 

Group: RNRLHG
Bag strap goes over your head with respirator bag on your chest. Tie one end of string to one loop on bag side. Pass string behind back and thread through the eyelet tab securing the loose end of the string to the other eyelet.

I think the string loop on the strap (white in your pic) is something to do with mounted cavalry, it was carried in a different way and this loop was attached to a tunic button. As for the hole on the brass slider? I'd like to know too!

the brass hook on you second pic attached to the special long hose on masks used by the navy and Gunners ect...where wearing it in the 'ready' position would be to restrictive.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 19:25 pm 

Group: RNRLHG
Thinking about it there are two ways to wear it in the ready position...the way I described and the other way which is the brass hook is put into the hole on the brass slider...saves threading the string through the tab.This is a quick way to ready the bag if it was slung over you shoulder.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 14:44 pm 

Thanks NCA75.