WWIIReenacting.co.uk Forums

Uniting UK Re-enactors since 2003

It is currently Tue Oct 16, 2018 15:02 pm

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 18:31 pm 

Group: Ulster Home Guard
introduced my Ulster Home Guard impression at Warbirds Over the Beach airshow in Virginia Beach, VA this past May. Impression was received very well by all present and even had a nice chat with an elderly couple visiting from Belfast who were completely blown away that I was doing this.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:32 am 
 WWW  Profile

Group: Leicestershire Home Guard Remembrance
Very impressive Brian - top work and nice detail.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 16:11 pm 

Group: GPRH "Dogs of War" - Brazil
Very nice impression!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:32 am 

Group: Kennedy Park Restoration Society
Well Done Brian.

A good display.
As an aside, I trust you know that the Home Guard manual in your display ( the left hand one in the picture) is no way "kosher? :D
Some wide boy in the UK reprinted a copy of the New Zealand Home Guard Manual and has been passing them off for years as British. Later copies of it have incorporated some minor changes and left out portions clearly relating to NZ to give a "degree of verisimilitude" , so if quoting from it, remember that it was written and used here here, in New Zealand, not where you are.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 16:09 pm 
4000+ Poster
 YIM  Profile

Cheers for that Kiwi, thats info i didnt know till now. :)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 17:58 pm 

Group: 12th Bn Gloucestershire-City of Bristol Home Guard
Nice look, Brian. I live just south of Chicago, Illinois and attend the big event as a spectator in Rockford, IL each year http://www.ww2rockfordevent.com/ Hopefully, I'll be fully equipped as a member of The 12th Battalion, Gloucestershire (City of Bristol) Home Guard and might be assisting the WACs in the event registration site at the hospital. Rockford is a very big event with an average of 1200-1400 participants civilian, Resistance and military from all Allies and Axis persuasions. Send me a message if you ever plan to do Rockford. I have information on how single member units (they normally require a minimum of 5 members in a unit) can participate. Here's a couple of many You Tube links https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyR7Eo6eUWY https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0g0pmFI_FhU

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 17:35 pm 

Forgot to post a pic of my Ulster LDV impression. Black denims with GS buttons and Royal Ulster Constabulary cap badge.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 17:48 pm 

And my Irish Local Defense Forces, 1942 impression. The LDF was the Irish version of the Home Guard raised during the war to supplement the small regular army. Wearing the first issue brown denim uniform and FS cap with leather leggings and boots.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:53 am 
1000+ Poster

Group: A.F.R.A, Road to Mandalay.
Very impressive!

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”
― Theodore Roosevelt

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 23:15 pm 

A couple of images from an airshow I attended this past May. First one is my Ulster Local Defense Volunteer impression and the second my Ulster Home Guard impression.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:42 pm 

Excellent impression and exhibits Brian.

Gerwyn