WWIIReenacting.co.uk Forums

Uniting UK Re-enactors since 2003

It is currently Wed Jun 19, 2019 17:13 pm

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:23 pm 

Group: The Combined Ops Living History Association
Hello-
We're having an event next month were a small group of Brit reenactors will be portraying the Princess Irene Brigade very early in their landing in Normandy. This goes along with our scenerio perfectly, but it causes a few problems. We can get proper insignia made up for them, but we're still missing any sort of personal effects aside from generic British issue pieces of kit. This is all well and good for washrolls, cigarettes, ect but does anyone have scans they would be willing to send for personal paperwork, ID's or the like? Thanks for the help with this, its not our adverage portrayal!
-Dan Comes

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:53 pm 
Forum Legend

Group: That's so 2011...
Try WD Rob on here, I'll message him on Facebook but I'd imagine he'll be at an event until Monday.

I'm also putting together Princess irene kit, found a great photo of some women in 1944.

K

Be very careful about loaning original items...also, please keep an eye out for :
*Still missing* Because some folks are devoid of an ounce of honesty or integrity.
Women's Navy Great Coat
Green floor length 1930s evening dress with sleeves set on net.
Blue and white rayon dress with peplum
Black velvet halter necked dress with silver shot thread skirt (may still have Harrods label in it) I have photos of all of these items and I know where they are in Scunthorpe, but would appreciate a nod if they come up for sale. [/color]

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 14:22 pm 
 WWW  Profile

Group: VMD
Dutch troops in the UK were issued standard AB64's.
From a security point, they would not have much in the way of Dutch paperework, only the items issued through the Dutch authorities on behalf of the Dutch government in exile.

There is a booklet for British and Commonwealth troops on the Netherlands which gives a lot of information on what to expect in the Netherlands (similar to the one on France, and the one on Belgium mand Luxemburg , and the one on Gewrmany.
I dpo repros of all of these, incl. a French languaged one on the Belgium version.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 21:28 pm 

Group: The Combined Ops Living History Association
Thanks for the information! Its a little hard to get information on these soldiers. I did manage to find this website http://www.fuseliers.net/lightbox/fotos_brigade.htm, but if anyone else has good sources I would appreciate it! Again thanks for the info on the AB-64's!
-Dan Comes