WWIIReenacting.co.uk Forums

Uniting UK Re-enactors since 2003

It is currently Thu Oct 17, 2019 13:39 pm

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 14:47 pm 

What with all the recent changes could anyone tell me if it would be possible to take a Denix Sten to Arnhem this year with AFRA membership paperwork. We will be taking the tunnel, so will be traveling through both France and Belgium to get to Holland.
Any replies greatly appreciated.
Regards.

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 14:59 pm 

You should be fine, Denix weapons are replicas and therefore have never been a weapon in the first place, escaping legislation that pertains firearms or deactivated firearms. To be sure, transport it in a locked container with any written proof or certificate that you have that it is a replica only.

Last but not least, this is only what I recall off of the top of my head. Be certain to souble-check with the Gendarmerie Nationale and the corresponding Belgian authorities. If you are in period uniform anyway, they should not bother with supecting you of wanting to create any mischief.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 17:42 pm 

Replica weapons are under all circumstances prohibited in The Netherlands!!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 19:05 pm 

Oh my! I thought that Germany was terrible already... Thank you for your input and for correcting me.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 21:44 pm 

earlymb wrote:

I know the Dutch are incredibly strict, but for the last two years at least, I personally have seen loads of De-acts mounted or carrier on vehicles during
the race to the bridge...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:15 am 
 WWW  Profile

Group: VMD/ War/l\Department
Hi cdfw

Denix are not allowed in the Netherlands. As said by earlymb, replica's are prohibited.

Are you are the ABWO-camp or the Renkum Heath camp? If not, don't bring any weapons as you are not on their list.
If yes, please ask your organisation for rules and regulations, they hold the permit for carrying weapons from the Council, and they can tell you what can be done. But as said replica's are not allowed.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:50 am 

Hi .303
Thanks for the reply and yes we are booked with ABWO again this year. I will have to send Ramon a message with the details. I must say I am also slightly worried about bringing it back into the UK. Will AFRA membership paperwork suffice at the chunnel?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:19 am 

cdfw wrote:
earlymb wrote:

I know the Dutch are incredibly strict, but for the last two years at least, I personally have seen loads of De-acts mounted or carrier on vehicles during
the race to the bridge...

There is a difference between de-acts and replica's. De-acts are fine if booked in via the proper procedure with the organization and with the proper paperwork; realistic replica weapons are forbidden without exception.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:13 am 

Hi .303 and earlymb
Thanks for the replies and yes we are booked with ABWO again this year. I will have to send Ramon a message with the details. I must say I am also slightly worried about bringing it back into the UK. Will AFRA membership paperwork suffice at the chunnel?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 14:41 pm 
 WWW  Profile

Group: VMD/ War/l\Department
Hi

Don't know the UK laws on weapons.
I've seen replica Vickers-K too, but if the police act according to the law, then you have problem galore.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:29 am 

Group: Beyond the Chindwin, Burma campaign.
Chris, i would'nt bother taking one across mate to be honest.

It's more agg than it's worth and to be fair it's not really the place or event for carrying weapons.
It's a commemorative event rather than a living history so there are very few weapons on show other than on vehicles on the race to the bridge event on the saturday.

My advice, leave them at home and just go across and enjoy the commemorations and pay your respects to the lads who didn't come back and if chance permits, shake hands with any surviving veterans.

Chindits, 1st Batt South Staffordshire regt - Operation Thursday.

2nd Batt King's African rifles, Burma campaign.

CORA Combined operations reenactors association.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:41 am 
3000+ Poster

Jonny wrote:
Chris, i would'nt bother taking one across mate to be honest.

It's more agg than it's worth and to be fair it's not really the place or event for carrying weapons.
It's a commemorative event rather than a living history so there are very few weapons on show other than on vehicles on the race to the bridge event on the saturday.

My advice, leave them at home and just go across and enjoy the commemorations and pay your respects to the lads who didn't come back and if chance permits, shake hands with any surviving veterans.

What he said.

The stars of this are the remaining guys who were there and their families.

If you have the last word and no one heard it - Did it happen? https://youtu.be/mQZmCJUSC6g

(No)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:59 am 
4000+ Poster

Group: Za Oberonyu! 13th GRD and WPFG
cdfw wrote:
Hi .303
Thanks for the reply and yes we are booked with ABWO again this year. I will have to send Ramon a message with the details. I must say I am also slightly worried about bringing it back into the UK. Will AFRA membership paperwork suffice at the chunnel?

Got a new UK-EU spec deac?

If not, it will be taken off of you (probably on return to the UK) and you will be in trouble.

Don't bother taking it, for this and all the other reasons in this thread.

"I saw cities in Europe that were practically untouched by the war, countries that capitulated to the more powerful enemies even before war was declared, but we are not like that. Our grandfathers, our fathers, our older generation, our great leaders, fought here for each building, for each street." - First Deputy Prime Minister Dmitry Rogozin on the 70th anniversary of victory at Stalingrad

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 15:11 pm 

Andrei Kozlov wrote:
cdfw wrote:
Hi .303

Got a new UK-EU spec deac?

If not, it will be taken off of you (probably on return to the UK) and you will be in trouble.

Don't bother taking it, for this and all the other reasons in this thread.

Goodness me, I did not even think of that. Any reason is good enough for these jokers and every opportunity to take away your things seized...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 0:49 am 
3000+ Poster

It's called "breaking da law"

It's a perfectly good reason.

Stick to travelling with live weapons. It's legal

If you have the last word and no one heard it - Did it happen? https://youtu.be/mQZmCJUSC6g

(No)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 19:06 pm 
Supporter

Group: Reduit im Luft Neutral Airforces Swiss & Dutch
Even with the new 'EU' certificate, BIS were proposing the need for a BIS licence, to bring something already in free circulation, back into the U.K. Sounds like a fine Home Oblast horlicks.