WWIIReenacting.co.uk Forums

Uniting UK Re-enactors since 2003

It is currently Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:38 am

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 341 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 22  Next
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 15:58 pm 
4000+ Poster

Group: Za Oberonyu! 13th GRD and WPFG
You mean the UK never actually played the EU game properly and so the discontent with the EU is actually of our own making?

"I saw cities in Europe that were practically untouched by the war, countries that capitulated to the more powerful enemies even before war was declared, but we are not like that. Our grandfathers, our fathers, our older generation, our great leaders, fought here for each building, for each street." - First Deputy Prime Minister Dmitry Rogozin on the 70th anniversary of victory at Stalingrad

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 23:53 pm 

Group: The Great Exhibitonists
Nope, our politicians are the only ones who play correctly, and so does our judiciary.
The EU loves the fact we pay the fines too. LOL.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:08 am 
3000+ Poster

if you search in english you only find find the UK paid .
if your search in other languages you find the others

Germany's Mahle Behr [BEHR.UL], Japan's Denso and four other car part makers have been fined a total of 155 million euros ($163.6 million) by the European Union's competition authorities for having operated cartels in a number of their markets.

The ruling by the European Commission is the sixth to be made since it started investigating the automotive components industry several years ago. The four cartels identified on Wednesday related to air conditioning and engine cooling systems which operated until 2009 and started as early as 2004.

Mahle Behr was fined 62.1 million euros while Japan's Sanden has to pay 64.6 million euros and Denso 322,000 euros.

If you have the last word and no one heard it - Did it happen? https://youtu.be/mQZmCJUSC6g

(No)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 23:09 pm 
Supporter

Group: Reduit im Luft Neutral Airforces Swiss & Dutch
Enforcement of Home Oblast's little Christmas gift, like most laws either based on E.U. legislation, or directly as a result of it, costs U.K. businesses money and jobs, while Denix Spain, will be laughing all the way to the bank. Only an absolutely bonkers country, or one run by bonkers people, does that.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:52 am 
1000+ Poster

Group: A humble militaria collector at your service
FYI. The controls on so-called 'defectively deactivated' weapons come into force on 2nd May:

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2017 ... 399_en.pdf (page 2)

Give the brightest light.
Safe in your place deep in the earth
That's when they'll know what you were really worth.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:40 pm 
3000+ Poster
 YIM  Profile

Group: Independant
Does that mean GunStar will stop selling them then ..??
Given all that has been said, out of curiosity I had a look at their site recently .. still plenty of de-acts being offered, a few with 'early spec' in the description ... interesting to say the least .. !!

8th USAAF
Somewhere in England

... " I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals " ...

... " I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them " ...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:44 am 
3000+ Poster

peregrinvs wrote:
FYI. The controls on so-called 'defectively deactivated' weapons come into force on 2nd May:

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2017 ... 399_en.pdf (page 2)

CLW issue 12

If you have the last word and no one heard it - Did it happen? https://youtu.be/mQZmCJUSC6g

(No)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 17:57 pm 

Does that mean that previous spec deacs are legal to buy and sell until the 2nd of May? I ask because I have seen a lot for sale since the new specs were introduced and it did make me raise an eyebrow.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 20:05 pm 

Moss wrote:
Does that mean that previous spec deacs are legal to buy and sell until the 2nd of May? I ask because I have seen a lot for sale since the new specs were introduced and it did make me raise an eyebrow.

Yes, although for some reason the Home Office circular says the 6th May, but it should be 2nd May. After that date you can only sell or gift the EU/UK spec whilst the UK is still in the EU.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 14:45 pm 
3000+ Poster

Longbow wrote:
Moss wrote:

Yes, although for some reason the Home Office circular says the 6th May, but it should be 2nd May. After that date you can only sell or gift the EU/UK spec whilst the UK is still in the EU.

almost. the situation won t change when the UK leaves the EU because

until the policing and crime act 2017 is repealed or amended. the policing and crime act is UK law.

and do you know how many MPs give a flying feck about the deact trade?

(No)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 18:24 pm 

lordduvet wrote:
almost. the situation won t change when the UK leaves the EU because

until the policing and crime act 2017 is repealed or amended. the policing and crime act is UK law.

and do you know how many MPs give a flying feck about the deact trade?

Exactly, and that UK law states it's an offence... unless it's sold outside of the EU which is where we will be soon. I'm not saying it cannot be amended, but that's how it is at present.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 20:13 pm 
3000+ Poster

you know where the Great Repeal Bill is going to replace the word EU with UK in every single bit of legislation?

which is what everyone wanted.

I bet it does in this too.
you actually all need to arguing at the moment NOT to change the law

(No)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:22 am 
1000+ Poster

Group: A humble militaria collector at your service
Like the rest of us I shall be very interested to see how this works in practice. There does seem to be a bit of a disconnect between the letter and the spirit of the law in this case. (I.e. You may not sell a non-current spec deact vs You may not sell a deact that can be easily returned to working order)

An interesting test case (no, I'm not volunteering) would be if someone sold a deact that was chopped up well beyond the current spec.

Give the brightest light.
Safe in your place deep in the earth
That's when they'll know what you were really worth.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 22:45 pm 
Supporter

Group: Reduit im Luft Neutral Airforces Swiss & Dutch
If Lucy Lowton had done her homework properly, in the first place, we might not be where we are. Cost to business, 'Not Quantified'. Home Oblast begging mass redundancies, post Brexit, payback time.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 13:01 pm 
4000+ Poster

Group: Za Oberonyu! 13th GRD and WPFG
Surely "defective" is a term which needs to be legally tested at some point. Certainly anyone ending up in court for the offence of selling a "defectively deactivated weapon" would be worth getting their representation to challenge the CPS to prove that their deactivated weapon was worthy of a firearms offence proportionate to it being a live version of said weapon (which I believe would be the case is it not? Ie a "defectively deactivated" AK47 will see you with a Sec5 possession charge?). Go on FSS, make a "new spec" weapon fire using commonly available household tools and materials....

I wouldn't suggest anyone martyrs themselves on this point, but once in the dock it would be worth a try IMHO.

I think case law eventually will see this concept become obsolete...

"I saw cities in Europe that were practically untouched by the war, countries that capitulated to the more powerful enemies even before war was declared, but we are not like that. Our grandfathers, our fathers, our older generation, our great leaders, fought here for each building, for each street." - First Deputy Prime Minister Dmitry Rogozin on the 70th anniversary of victory at Stalingrad

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 18:24 pm 

Not really as they aren't leaving it up to interpretation of the dictionary to define it, the term "defectively deactivated weapon" is defined within the Act. The fact that they used the word "defective" is irrelevant, it's just a word to use in place of the 95 words that define it:

Quote:
(a)it was at any time a firearm,

(b)it has been rendered incapable of discharging any shot, bullet or other missile (and, accordingly, has either ceased to be a firearm or is a firearm only by virtue of the Firearms Act 1982), but

(c)it has not been rendered so incapable in a way that meets the technical specifications for the deactivation of the weapon that apply at the time when the weapon is made available for sale or as a gift or (as the case may be) when it is sold or given as a gift.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 341 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 22  Next