WWIIReenacting.co.uk Forums

Uniting UK Re-enactors since 2003

It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:30 am

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 222 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:36 am 
3000+ Poster

Location: Trying to work out why the GPO has the guns pointing the wrong way
Group: Garrison
according to some of the online gun media the Vicky Forde proposals are under threat as they ae seen as to pro gun and another report from a different group who are demanding full implementation of the firearms directive and more draconian proposals is being promoted

Pte Pat Cleary ANZACS

Heard on VHF gunner net in Borneo in 1960's
US Accent: Unknown call sign this is USAF over North Veitnam clear this frequencey we're fighting a war here
UK Accent: USAF funnily enough so are we.....but we're winning ours!

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:25 am 
1000+ Poster

Group: Stars and Stripes LHG
Huntervixen wrote:
Despite the legal position still being rather grey, with amendments trickling down from the EU Politburo, the Home Office has taken a very direct and forthright position on the new act and implemented it as it stands.

The reason, a golden opportunity to severely damage the trade in deactivated firearms and another blow at wider public ownership of firearms in general.

They don't have to ban anything, just give it long enough for most deac companies to go under (not long, with £££££ of stock they can do nothing with at present due to confusion with the Proof Houses, huge bills and employees to pay).

Who will be left in the market place when this nonsense has died down, not many people, that's a cold hard fact!

I wonder if the governments further directives or any of them contrevine the Human rights act on property whether it's gun related or not. Deacts were bought in good faith in accourdance to the law at the time of buying, now we are caught in an limbo of entrapment of law where we can't do as we please with our property ie sell them or even get them rectified to a spec, that doesn't exist. What would happen if this style of legislation was imposed on say mountain biking or any other hobby there would be up roar. I am afraid to say that this is of things to come if we stay in Europe, just a sample of how laws will be passed and I am not talking about any military or gun related hobbies, I am talking about everything else, one day you pursue a hobby, the next your hobby and property becomes illegal at the flick of a pen, and you can lobby your head off and write the best scripted letter as you won't be able to do a thing about it.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:25 am 
1000+ Poster

Group: Stars and Stripes LHG
Huntervixen wrote:
Despite the legal position still being rather grey, with amendments trickling down from the EU Politburo, the Home Office has taken a very direct and forthright position on the new act and implemented it as it stands.

The reason, a golden opportunity to severely damage the trade in deactivated firearms and another blow at wider public ownership of firearms in general.

They don't have to ban anything, just give it long enough for most deac companies to go under (not long, with £££££ of stock they can do nothing with at present due to confusion with the Proof Houses, huge bills and employees to pay).

Who will be left in the market place when this nonsense has died down, not many people, that's a cold hard fact!

I wonder if the governments further directives or any of them contrevine the Human rights act on property whether it's gun related or not. Deacts were bought in good faith in accourdance to the law at the time of buying, now we are caught in an limbo of entrapment of law where we can't do as we please with our property ie sell them or even get them rectified to a spec, that doesn't exist. What would happen if this style of legislation was imposed on say mountain biking or any other hobby there would be up roar. I am afraid to say that this is of things to come if we stay in Europe, just a sample of how laws will be passed and I am not talking about any military or gun related hobbies, I am talking about everything else, one day you pursue a hobby, the next your hobby and property becomes illegal at the flick of a pen, and you can lobby your head off and write the best scripted letter as you won't be able to do a thing about it.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 13:20 pm 
3000+ Poster

Just imagine

Beastiality is legal in germany.
you bought the hamster in good faith .......

If you have the last word and no one heard it - Did it happen? https://youtu.be/mQZmCJUSC6g

(No)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 22:47 pm 
Supporter

Group: Reduit im Luft Neutral Airforces Swiss & Dutch
Chocolate teapot, U.S. Congress, Casserole feathers.

Ridiculous non-arguments, to justify deliberate civil service conivance in constructive ruination of businesses, while the committee f**ks about, for a few months.

Last edited by maquis on Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:08 am 
4000+ Poster

Group: Za Oberonyu! 13th GRD and WPFG
30thcammo wrote:
I wonder if the governments further directives or any of them contrevine the Human rights act.

That will be the same Human Rights that certain people keep telling us are absolutely terrible and need to be struck down because they only protect terrorists and paedos?

Funny isn't it how the law is an ass some of the time and the only source of justice the rest of the time...

"I saw cities in Europe that were practically untouched by the war, countries that capitulated to the more powerful enemies even before war was declared, but we are not like that. Our grandfathers, our fathers, our older generation, our great leaders, fought here for each building, for each street." - First Deputy Prime Minister Dmitry Rogozin on the 70th anniversary of victory at Stalingrad

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:18 am 
Supporter

Unfortunately, we're caught in this double-whammy between the U.K.'s unscrupulous, rotten corrupt parliament, and the E.U., which if it continues with the unelected Commission at the helm, is soon to be on the rocks.

Gnome Office Unzivil Zervants seem to have decided that deacs/businesses will be the sacrificial slaughter, to appease whatever they think needs appeasing. Well, au contraire, Zivil Zervants need to be brought in check, instead of being allowed way off-piste in the Gnome Office.

In this situation, people are goinng to, quite rightly use these ridiculous institutions against each other. Let one snake deal with the other.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:18 am 
3000+ Poster

Its always best to be friendly with the priest that picked the sacrifical offerings.

that way he might pick on some other virgin to be eaten by the dragon

If you have the last word and no one heard it - Did it happen? https://youtu.be/mQZmCJUSC6g

(No)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 13:34 pm 

Group: 2nd Armored in Europe
Quite.

And bear in mind that the more chest-banging that happens about "entity z" will just make anyone from "entity z" reading the overthrow-the-entity-z diatribe much readier to put into place whatever excessive draconian measures they want, as a sort of "f**k you then" response.... ;)

Look Out Below! : http://www.look-out-below.co.uk/

"The only thing stopping you, is you"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 14:29 pm 
Supporter

Kompliance Enforzement Efizienzy Kohlkotz - booming non-industry

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 14:32 pm 
3000+ Poster

GlenM wrote:
Quite.

And bear in mind that the more chest-banging that happens about "entity z" will just make anyone from "entity z" reading the overthrow-the-entity-z diatribe much readier to put into place whatever excessive draconian measures they want, as a sort of "f**k you then" response.... ;)

I know of a case of a guy who got into an argument at work. And then had his FAC revoked for intemperate behaviour.

he was only arguing for what he thought right and never mentioned his FAC at work. was never threatening, never angry, but it showed he was argumental and that is intemperate behaviour

Entity z is powerful and vengeful

(No)

Last edited by lordduvet on Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:41 am 
4000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

Group: AFRA
And has agents everywhere.

"Truth is a shining goddess, always veiled, always distant, never wholly approachable, but worthy of all the devotion of which the human spirit is capable. "
"Truth is incontrovertible, ignorance can deride it, panic may resent it, malice may destroy it, but there it is."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:39 am 
5000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

Location: WPFG Centre. (Operating within Moscow Centre's Scale of Norms)
Group: Za Ob/WPFG Complex e i gentiluomini.
You are only as good as your Intelligence gathering organs Comrades, doing Red Army Reconstructionism teaches that .

"We have internal enemies. We have external enemies. This, comrades, must not be forgotten for a single moment"
( Comrade Stalin, 1928)

"Who watches The Watchmen?"... The NKVD.

"The Devil came to me one night, he struck his claws into my hands, I prayed for him to stop but he wouldn't .....so I told him to F' off..... he did".
(An old Russia lady)

"We will fight for peace until there isn't one stone left standing on another".
(Soviet folk-saying)

"Gesplitzenblitz !" ( Peter Sellers)

"To err is to be arrested ".
"To forgive is not within the Scale of Norms".

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:30 pm 
3000+ Poster

Location: Trying to work out why the GPO has the guns pointing the wrong way
Group: Garrison
https://www.all4shooters.com/en/Shootin ... 636134.pdf

start buying denix and replica's

registration looks like its on its way

Pte Pat Cleary ANZACS

Heard on VHF gunner net in Borneo in 1960's
US Accent: Unknown call sign this is USAF over North Veitnam clear this frequencey we're fighting a war here
UK Accent: USAF funnily enough so are we.....but we're winning ours!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 222 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14