WWIIReenacting.co.uk Forums

Uniting UK Re-enactors since 2003

It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 14:40 pm

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 341 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:07 am 
3000+ Poster
 YIM  Profile

Group: Independant
In that scenario Mark there is the chance he could be arrested on 'suspicion of having the article for sale' ... !!

8th USAAF
Somewhere in England

... " I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals " ...

... " I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them " ...

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 14:07 pm 
4000+ Poster

Group: Za Oberonyu! 13th GRD and WPFG
peregrinvs wrote:
Andrei Kozlov wrote:
Unless they appear offered for sale...

But how obvious would that have to be to make it stand up in court? Say a dealer had one hanging up at the back of the stall with no price tag on it and responded to enquiries with "it's not for sale"..?

You'd probably be OK if you were able to determine that the potential purchaser was a copper...

I think you will find that next week people with such items will be asked to remove them from their stall so no confusion was to be had.

I'm surprised the show organisers haven't issued traders a strongly worded directive about UK firearms laws...

"I saw cities in Europe that were practically untouched by the war, countries that capitulated to the more powerful enemies even before war was declared, but we are not like that. Our grandfathers, our fathers, our older generation, our great leaders, fought here for each building, for each street." - First Deputy Prime Minister Dmitry Rogozin on the 70th anniversary of victory at Stalingrad

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 14:09 pm 
4000+ Poster

Group: Za Oberonyu! 13th GRD and WPFG
The biggest thing I can see being seized left right and centre at W&P are magazines... expect to see huge boxes of them being hauled away.

"I saw cities in Europe that were practically untouched by the war, countries that capitulated to the more powerful enemies even before war was declared, but we are not like that. Our grandfathers, our fathers, our older generation, our great leaders, fought here for each building, for each street." - First Deputy Prime Minister Dmitry Rogozin on the 70th anniversary of victory at Stalingrad

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 18:57 pm 

Andrei Kozlov wrote:
I think you will find that next week people with such items will be asked to remove them from their stall so no confusion was to be had.

It's not a crime to display them at shows, especially given that a lot of people go to these shows for that reason with no intention of buying anything. If a customer is confused about the firearms at the back of the stall, the trader can simply say they aren't for sale. If the event organisers want to make demands, they can, but the police can't demand someone removes a legal item from their pitch.

Andrei Kozlov wrote:
The biggest thing I can see being seized left right and centre at W&P are magazines... expect to see huge boxes of them being hauled away.

Also not a crime, under UK & EU law. The EU failed to ban magazines as it was completely unworkable, amongst other things.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 18:51 pm 
Supporter

Group: Reduit im Luft Neutral Airforces Swiss & Dutch
Home Oblast Zivil Zerviz to the 'rescue' ? Meanwhile, street crime involving moped robberies/acid attacks inxreases by the day. Good to know that someone has their priorities in 'order'.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 341 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22