WWIIReenacting.co.uk Forums

Uniting UK Re-enactors since 2003

It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:26 am

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 341 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 10:21 am 

Group: The Great Exhibitonists
Easily fixed, just someone in the fb group to ask everyone to sign up here ?

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username
PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 9:22 am 
4000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

Group: AFRA
This forum has perhaps 100 active members?
How many on Facebook?
You are not forced to join but neither should Facebook be forced to come to you.
It seems you are cutting off your nose to spite your face(book).

"Truth is a shining goddess, always veiled, always distant, never wholly approachable, but worthy of all the devotion of which the human spirit is capable. "
"Truth is incontrovertible, ignorance can deride it, panic may resent it, malice may destroy it, but there it is."

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 10:34 am 
3000+ Poster
 YIM  Profile

Group: Independant
Im not saying FB persay should be 'forced' to come to me, or anyone else .. again the overall point is missed I think ... if groups, associations etc want support, especially in important matters, it is they that should not restrict themselves to one outlet in an effort to reach people as they seem to be doing ... isnt it ... ???

Clever pun Sean but I'm not cutting anything off to spite anything, rather it is the other way around to a degree .. !!

8th USAAF
Somewhere in England

... " I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals " ...

... " I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them " ...

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 7:47 am 
4000+ Poster

Group: Za Oberonyu! 13th GRD and WPFG
2 billion users, I hardly think MZ is crying out for extra audience.

"I saw cities in Europe that were practically untouched by the war, countries that capitulated to the more powerful enemies even before war was declared, but we are not like that. Our grandfathers, our fathers, our older generation, our great leaders, fought here for each building, for each street." - First Deputy Prime Minister Dmitry Rogozin on the 70th anniversary of victory at Stalingrad

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 8:59 am 
3000+ Poster
 YIM  Profile

So .. whats MZ then .. ?? Military Zone .. an area on FB I take it ... ??

Maybe not, but .... you know what have it your way ... I simply made a point about access being restricted in a way ..its not me blowing out of proportion .. !!

8th USAAF
Somewhere in England

... " I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them " ...

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 6:07 am 
4000+ Poster

Mark Zuckerberg....

"I saw cities in Europe that were practically untouched by the war, countries that capitulated to the more powerful enemies even before war was declared, but we are not like that. Our grandfathers, our fathers, our older generation, our great leaders, fought here for each building, for each street." - First Deputy Prime Minister Dmitry Rogozin on the 70th anniversary of victory at Stalingrad

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 7:25 am 
3000+ Poster
 YIM  Profile

So .. ?? I bet half the people on FB dont even know who he is .... still missing the point .. its not about FB, I don't particularly dislike like it, I just don't do it ... it's about restrictive access to societies etc that ask for support from people .. but then limit where they want you to give that support .. get it yet .. ??

8th USAAF
Somewhere in England

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 18:30 pm 
1000+ Poster

No but your boring the f##k out if me

Living my dream my way

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 18:56 pm 
3000+ Poster
 YIM  Profile

You dont have to read it .... !!!! and its not my fault others are too dumb to get the point .. !!

8th USAAF
Somewhere in England

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 8:30 am 
4000+ Poster

Its funny actually, I remember when people used to moan that they were missing out because they weren't on the WW2 forum on wherever it was (I can't remember now, but the thing before this place) and then that they weren't on here and missing out too...

But equally they used to say "I'm not joining though, I don't like all that new fangled thing"

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 9:00 am 
3000+ Poster
 YIM  Profile

It was probably a little bit harsh .. my apologies, .. truth to tell I'm a little bit bored with it myself ... and I'm not in a good place right now, brakes gone on the car, not the pads, the brake pipes .. a lot of money .... sorry

8th USAAF
Somewhere in England

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 21:37 pm 

Group: lha 1st division
Don't worry Alan, I don't get on with FB for some reason either, but most people do, and forum popularity is declining as a result.

Back OT - so http://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/ ... 03&from=EN table 2 gives new new specs, so if your whatever doesn't meet these it can't be advertised, sold, or given away?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:20 am 

harveycoppock wrote:
so if your whatever doesn't meet these it can't be advertised, sold, or given away?

Correct.

It's been written into UK law: http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/201 ... 28/enacted

If it was deactivated prior to April 2016 (when the EU/UK spec came out), it's legal to own, but an offence to sell, gift or even advertise it for sale to an EU country.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:59 am 

Longbow wrote:
harveycoppock wrote:
so if your whatever doesn't meet these it can't be advertised, sold, or given away?

Correct.

It's been written into UK law: http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/201 ... 28/enacted

If it was deactivated prior to April 2016 (when the EU/UK spec came out), it's legal to own, but an offence to sell, gift or even advertise it for sale to an EU country.

Of course the only effect this has is that it creates a grey market, since nobody can proof when they bought a certain old-spec deactivated gun, unless they got a dated receipt with the serialnumber from the seller. This works both ways...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:00 am 

also cant be willed to someone either

Private When i said there was a camel close by for you to ride i meant you could ride it into town !!!!!!!!!

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the crotch of the person who screws up your day and may their arms be too short to scratch.

http://vietnamreenactors.myfastforum.org

http://vietnamuk.moonfruit.com

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 13:29 pm 
1000+ Poster

Group: A humble militaria collector at your service
I shall be interested to see how hard the police try to enforce this beyond a trawl of the wares for sale at W&P or suchlike. I note there are still non-EU spec deacts listed for sale on GunStar when I looked a few days ago.

No doubt there has been a quiet underground trade in RIFs amongst non-compliant people since the VCR Act was passed. Non-EU spec deacts can now join them.

Give the brightest light.
Safe in your place deep in the earth
That's when they'll know what you were really worth.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 341 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next