WWIIReenacting.co.uk Forums

Uniting UK Re-enactors since 2003

It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 17:20 pm

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 341 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 22  Next
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 7:38 am 

law now active, here is the guidlines from hm gov https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... s-controls

Private When i said there was a camel close by for you to ride i meant you could ride it into town !!!!!!!!!

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the crotch of the person who screws up your day and may their arms be too short to scratch.

http://vietnamreenactors.myfastforum.org

http://vietnamuk.moonfruit.com

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 20:49 pm 
3000+ Poster

dcdl12976 wrote:
law now active, here is the guidlines from hm gov https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... s-controls

A few of us have a sweepstake on the date and time first attempted sale on this site post law

If you have the last word and no one heard it - Did it happen? https://youtu.be/mQZmCJUSC6g

(No)

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 21:13 pm 
3000+ Poster
 YIM  Profile

Group: Independant
There are, or were, still 'early spec' de-acts being advertised on Gunstar earlier today ..!!

8th USAAF
Somewhere in England

... " I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals " ...

... " I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them " ...

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 6:41 am 

i see we had a winner

Private When i said there was a camel close by for you to ride i meant you could ride it into town !!!!!!!!!

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the crotch of the person who screws up your day and may their arms be too short to scratch.

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 7:17 am 

Someone is trying to sell a bren gun on Facebook see bren gun collectors group

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 7:38 am 

bit silly now but i reckon it will take a few weeks and someone to get caught before the law finaly gets well known enough because despite all the info on forums etc many will just not be aware of the change and even more will just think it dont apply to me

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 7:57 am 
4000+ Poster

Group: Za Oberonyu! 13th GRD and WPFG
Remember kids, its not just the act of sale or gift, its also the OFFER of sale or gift.

Not just here, but at a large European militaria fair the local police were deployed in large numbers to sweep the facility for non-EU deacts. I believe quite a few were seized...

On the plus side, one of my friends in the Netherlands was able to buy a deac for the first time. Previously they were outlawed.

So EU gun laws work for someone!

"I saw cities in Europe that were practically untouched by the war, countries that capitulated to the more powerful enemies even before war was declared, but we are not like that. Our grandfathers, our fathers, our older generation, our great leaders, fought here for each building, for each street." - First Deputy Prime Minister Dmitry Rogozin on the 70th anniversary of victory at Stalingrad

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 11:44 am 
1000+ Poster

Group: A humble militaria collector at your service
dcdl12976 wrote:
bit silly now but i reckon it will take a few weeks and someone to get caught before the law finaly gets well known enough because despite all the info on forums etc many will just not be aware of the change and even more will just think it dont apply to me

At which point we may find out whether courts take the law as read, or whether they take into account if the deact concerned has been literally 'defectively deactivated' or not?

Then there's the question of whether it is considered reasonable for the state to require someone to pay to have their private property damaged before they can sell it?

Either way, the results will be interesting.

Give the brightest light.
Safe in your place deep in the earth
That's when they'll know what you were really worth.

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 12:52 pm 
3000+ Poster

peregrinvs wrote:
dcdl12976 wrote:

At which point we may find out whether courts take the law as read, or whether they take into account if the deact concerned has been literally 'defectively deactivated' or not?

Then there's the question of whether it is considered reasonable for the state to require someone to pay to have their private property damaged before they can sell it?

Either way, the results will be interesting.

the courts will take the law as it is written.

the appeal courts will then give someone a really expensive opinion that taking the law literally is how law works.

someone will then lose their house too.

the law can make you do stuff . that's what laws are for

If you have the last word and no one heard it - Did it happen? https://youtu.be/mQZmCJUSC6g

(No)

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 21:49 pm 
Supporter

Group: Reduit im Luft Neutral Airforces Swiss & Dutch
And legally required Impact Cost to Business 'Assessments' , 'filled out' by temporary/trainee idiots ?

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 6:55 am 

Group: They Led The Way
Can I suggest that anyone with any questions join the 'Deactivated Militaria Enthusiasts' group on Facebook.

Thanks, Scott

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 10:15 am 
3000+ Poster
 YIM  Profile

You know, not everyone does FB, not everyone wants to ... and after all FB is just something ON the internet .. it is not THE internet itself ... if people or groups want followers, then they should make themselves available to everyone with websites and such, e-mail addresses etc like they used to before this anathema came along, especially perhaps when and where an important issue like this comes along that needs 100% support from anyone that it concerns ... instead of them effectively being shut out from it because we choose not to pander to what is after all JUST another social interaction facility, and not the be all and end all of the internet ... just an opinion you understand ... !!

8th USAAF
Somewhere in England

... " I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them " ...

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 12:45 pm 
4000+ Poster

Group: Za Oberonyu! 13th GRD and WPFG
Hating FB is fine, however its a bit like saying you hate TV and then complaining that you don't get to see about stuff.

You just have to accept that the world has gone that way and refusniks are missing out.

"I saw cities in Europe that were practically untouched by the war, countries that capitulated to the more powerful enemies even before war was declared, but we are not like that. Our grandfathers, our fathers, our older generation, our great leaders, fought here for each building, for each street." - First Deputy Prime Minister Dmitry Rogozin on the 70th anniversary of victory at Stalingrad

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 17:32 pm 

Group: They Led The Way
Once again if you have questions and are on Facebook pop over.

It's a great place with a much nicer atmosphere than other places.

Thanks, Scott

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 8:15 am 
3000+ Poster
 YIM  Profile

Andrei Kozlov wrote:
Hating FB is fine, however its a bit like saying you hate TV and then complaining that you don't get to see about stuff.

You just have to accept that the world has gone that way and refusniks are missing out.

Its obvious you have totally misunderstood my point and your comparison isn't really a good one either really .... I'm not complaining about not being able to see stuff, more that the people wanting to share it are limiting where they put it to be shared .... and in that respect I'm hardly missing out in reality ... shut out is more like !!

8th USAAF
Somewhere in England

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 8:21 am 
3000+ Poster
 YIM  Profile

arnhem44mad wrote:
Once again if you have questions and are on Facebook pop over.

It's a great place with a much nicer atmosphere than other places.

Thanks, Scott

Why should I or others like me be forced in essence to do something we don't want to do, especially where others want us to contribute ... the point is if support is wanted then it should be somewhere it can reach everyone ... I would like to join the Deactivated weapons group, it goes without saying I have opinions and ideas I think, but I don't see why I should be forced to join FB to put them ... and in that respect perhaps it is that group that is 'missing out', rather than myself and others who aren't on FB .. ??

8th USAAF
Somewhere in England

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 341 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 22  Next