WWIIReenacting.co.uk Forums

Uniting UK Re-enactors since 2003

It is currently Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:46 am

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 8:29 am 

Let me just say that if this is what you'd like to do your more than welcome to set up at any of the Pippingford park battles - this is exactly the type of thing I'm looking for to add to the depth of battlefield.

Next ones are 9-10th April/ 21/22nd May.

PM me if your interested.

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username
 Post subject: Feldlazarett photo's.
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 1:01 am 
1000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

Group: 'Heia Safari' DAK Living History Group.
Here's a photo of a Feldlazarett & a front line clearing station for your records Tom:-

'Heia Safari' Facebook group page: https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/341661532588540

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 15:17 pm 
1000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

schafer12 wrote:
Here's a photo of a Feldlazarett & a front line clearing station for your records Tom:-

Cheers mate. 8)

Tom.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 11:12 am 
1000+ Poster

Location: Feet up chimney reading new edition of Farmer and Stockbreeder
I was involved with doing a British 1914 hospital last year at Stoneleigh, it was organised by NAM and also involved Birmingham Pals. It worked very well, with patients arriving, being processed and "operations" being carried out. Visitors enjoy it, but participants need to be on the ball. The H&S needs to be tight, moving vehicles, etc. I'm no medical expert, but if I can help in any way you know where I am.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 0:16 am 
3000+ Poster

Location: Trying to work out why the GPO has the guns pointing the wrong way
Group: Garrison
having worked in real and ex field hospitals the traffic plan has to be airtight the best system is a loop where ambulannces drop cas at front door and follow a circuit wash down replen pick up discharges and head out exit.
Casualties should move 1 way through the complex and there should be reception/evac areas. If anyone is interested will advise as much as I can.

Pte Pat Cleary ANZACS

Heard on VHF gunner net in Borneo in 1960's
US Accent: Unknown call sign this is USAF over North Veitnam clear this frequencey we're fighting a war here
UK Accent: USAF funnily enough so are we.....but we're winning ours!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 8:08 am 
1000+ Poster

Thanks for the input. Can I put you down as an interested party if this thing comes off?

Shabby.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 11:42 am 
 WWW  Profile

My unit have been also mooting this point, as Kevin has a fully equiped working field hospital and original DRK German tent like the one in the photo. I am a native german speaker and portray a Schwester, not a helferin.

I have been chatting to other Sani's last year about this - I am interested in organising or helping to organise a field hospital that treats wounded that are carried to us after an arena event, so that the public can see a continuation of the event - Perhaps even Market Garden as the DRK treated the British wounded. Can't say if the SS treated Allied soldiers, the ss experts will have to tell me that one. The hospitals also got attacked by the Russians and British/Americans via shelling etc, and sometimes the staff were captured, so there is plenty of event possibilities in the future. But you are right - it needs tight scripting to make sure it all runs smoothly.

I'm experienced in this area having done it with other periods, and I must say the public love it too. I want to purchase some ex-film props of bloodied and shot through uniforms to scatter about, and then all we need are some Soldats that arent too shy to ham it up and off we go. Is it possible for all the units to get together somewhere and chat, or just beat out more ideas on here?

The public would get a great spectacle, we would get a great afternoon out of it.

CRASH! *falls off soapbox*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 12:59 pm 

I think it's a bloody (quite literally) good idea and should be incorporated into public battles whenever possible.
I think it's daft to put on a battle and then get everyone to stand up and walk off. Defeats the point of trying to get across to the public what the real events were all about.
I think there should be a sensible percentage of nominated dead and wounded to be cleared up after a battle. In Kompanie 1 we have a couple of Sanis who do their best to take walking wounded off the field during the battle and it would be good to see this extended to primary care just behind the lines.
I know that in other threads some people have critisized the excessive use of theatrical drama and the amount of gore you expose could bring this to their attention, but if sensitively handled it should educate people more about the aftermaths of conflict rather than just the guns and vehicles.
I'm up for being squibbed and dragged off. I'm usually knackered after a battle anyway, a lift off in a stretcher would be a nice change.
By the way, some of the Arnhem vets have been known to comment on just how well they were treated by the Waffen SS on their capture. This was by members of the 9th "Hohenstaufen" panzer Division. The war time reputations of SS units differ widely.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 13:48 pm 
 WWW  Profile

PM me if anyone wants to chat offlist to beat out ideas. Perhaps we can get one or two groups together at a particular events and try something out?

Even Marloes could join in - the Dutch underground were very good at 'procuring' stuff off the DRK.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 11:19 am 
1000+ Poster

At Detling this year we had hoped to incorporate an aid station into the arena display but it didn't come off. Would any of the medics be interested in being involved with this next year?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 2:10 am 
1000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

Group: many....
I tried to suggest a brit allied version of the same thing last year but no interest so good luck with your idea.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 17:04 pm 
1000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

Group: Poland '39 LHG; Odwach Polish army of 1939-1945
SAWBONES wrote:
I tried to suggest a brit allied version of the same thing last year but no interest so good luck with your idea.

Either that Nick, or you will have to get a Soviet uniform and you can come and play with the 2nd Guards?

Poland - first to fight!

Member of Poland '39 LHG & Odwach - 1939 Polish army

https://www.facebook.com/Poland1939
http://www.odwach.pl/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 12:10 pm 
1000+ Poster

Yeah, Steve Rate got an enormous shirt and breeks for sale.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 12:43 pm 
1000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

do i get to wear a colourful hat???????????lol and access to the 4th floor!!!!! may be interested pending on kit costs? second hand is good!!
cheers
nick

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 12:52 pm 
1000+ Poster

No. Ghastly apron and blood.... lots of blood.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 12:56 pm 
1000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

i have a blood soaked apron! lol from my napoleonic kit...lol would want to be a surgeon!!