WWIIReenacting.co.uk Forums

Uniting UK Re-enactors since 2003

It is currently Thu Dec 05, 2019 18:25 pm

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username

Post subject: WWII STRETCHERS
PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 13:46 pm 
5000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

Group: FIRST ALLIED AIRBORNE ASSOCIATION
I have come into possession of a quanty of Stretchers which I was told are of WWII pattern. I know there are several makes of these and they did differer throughout the War, however I wondered if any you guys with far more knowledge on the subject can steer me in the right direction in regards to the pattern/s and markings that are defo WWII.

Any help appreciated.

Regards

Lee

I have always endeavoured to listen to what each and every person in a discussion had to say before venturing my own opinion. Oftentimes, my own opinion will simply represent a con-census of what I heard in the discussion. I always remember the axiom: a leader is like a shepherd. He stays behind the flock, letting the most nimble go out ahead, whereupon the others follow, not realizing that all along they are being directed from behind.”

Nelson Mandela

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username
 Post subject: Re: WWII STRETCHERS
PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 18:37 pm 
 WWW  Profile

Group: Strictly GI (UK)
Hi Lee,

I wonder if the following web page on my site will be of interest to you > http://med-dept.com/litters.php. Obviously if you're able to forward photographs and so forth this would make identification somewhat easier.

It's good to see someone asking about the correct type of Litters. There are far too many re-enactors around using post-war (generally Vietnam-era issued) Litters in a WW2 setting.

Cheers,
Ben.

WWII US Army Enlistment Records

$0.02, no refunds.

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 19:54 pm 
5000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

Group: FIRST ALLIED AIRBORNE ASSOCIATION
Cheers Ben

I should have looked in on your site in the first place, seems to have it all there, will sit down later and have a good read with a coffee.

Thanks for the link Ben

Regards

Lee

I have always endeavoured to listen to what each and every person in a discussion had to say before venturing my own opinion. Oftentimes, my own opinion will simply represent a con-census of what I heard in the discussion. I always remember the axiom: a leader is like a shepherd. He stays behind the flock, letting the most nimble go out ahead, whereupon the others follow, not realizing that all along they are being directed from behind.”

Nelson Mandela

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 21:04 pm 
 WWW  Profile

Group: Strictly GI (UK)
Glad to assist. Generally, the key is in the stirrups and the markings on the actual canvas.

Regards,
Ben.

WWII US Army Enlistment Records

$0.02, no refunds.