WWIIReenacting.co.uk Forums

Uniting UK Re-enactors since 2003

It is currently Fri Dec 06, 2019 14:36 pm

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username

Post subject: Need some help !!
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:23 am 

Hi all I am looking at getting some more medical kit next year and needed to know how much these items usually go for so I do not get ripped off or can tell if the item is a bargain if you know what I mean.

US army stretcher

Emergency Medical Tags book (dosent have to be original)

A large Medical flag (neutrality) that was usually displayed in aid stations (again probably dont want original)

Any US instruments

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated guys as I am going to Chatham Militaria fair this sunday and will be looking for more medical items this advice will help guys.

Regards Tay :D

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username
 Post subject: Re: Need some help !!
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 13:43 pm 
5000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

Group: FIRST ALLIED AIRBORNE ASSOCIATION
Tay wrote:
Hi all I am looking at getting some more medical kit next year and needed to know how much these items usually go for so I do not get ripped off or can tell if the item is a bargain if you know what I mean.

US army stretcher

Emergency Medical Tags book (dosent have to be original)

A large Medical flag (neutrality) that was usually displayed in aid stations (again probably dont want original)

Any US instruments

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated guys as I am going to Chatham Militaria fair this sunday and will be looking for more medical items this advice will help guys.

Regards Tay :D

Hi Tay

Are you a medic in your group mate!

Do you want to be a medic in a group!

Regards

Lee

I have always endeavoured to listen to what each and every person in a discussion had to say before venturing my own opinion. Oftentimes, my own opinion will simply represent a con-census of what I heard in the discussion. I always remember the axiom: a leader is like a shepherd. He stays behind the flock, letting the most nimble go out ahead, whereupon the others follow, not realizing that all along they are being directed from behind.”

Nelson Mandela

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 13:52 pm 

Hi Lee I am not yet a medic officially in the group I am in just a rifleman.Although I do have a small collection of medical kit and want to over the course of the next couple of years extend that collection to be able to eventually put on a small evac/aid station as part of a display.I would also like to yes be a medic as an impression of mine hopefully starting that next year some time.Lee I have seen your groups displays of aid stations etc and they are literally amazing.I was wondering if you had any advice regarding where the items that I am looking for can be picked up and fair prices to be paid for them.

Regards Tay

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 15:35 pm 

went to chatham today bought a supposedly US original bath type thing.It is built like a troph with the same style of wood supporting it as the wooden camp beds of the time.Was wondering if anyone had any info on when and where they were used who were they issued to and what price they usually go for.Also if anyone has any pictures of them that would also be nice to see them in use.

Thanks Tay :D

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 18:51 pm 

Group: The Warwicks 1914 - 1918 / 2ND INF DIV.
i paid £50 for mine they are in the book G.I.collector's guide volume 2 page 70

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:44 am 

Oh right brilliant ok thank you

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 23:55 pm 

Group: Adrift
A US WW2 litter will start at £35, £50 + with a good canvass
Repro tag book £25-35
Repro Red cross flag will depend on size £20-40
US surgical instuments, I am going to fight you for. Whatever you find is going to be pricey.

For medic info see Ben Majors site at med-dept .com

Loz

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:04 pm 

Brilliant thank you mate thats just what I have been lookingfor.I have already signed up to the medical dept forum thank you mate !

Regards Tay