WWIIReenacting.co.uk Forums

Uniting UK Re-enactors since 2003

It is currently Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:44 am

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username

Post subject: Army Nurses Info Needed
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:48 am 
 WWW  Profile

Group: Wartime Living History Association
Hi guys

The WLHA are recruiting US Nurses to add to our medical section, we currently have 2 x Females for this role, who are keen to buy the correct kit, I was wondering if anyone can suggest the best place to buy the correct HBT Uniforms for the job I have been on Ebay and Spearhead are doing sets, but I am unsure on the quality/detail etc any advice would be great:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... TQ:US:1123

505th P.I.R.,
82nd Airborne Division.
"All American !!"
"Don't Walk into Battle - Jump !!"

Wartime Living History Association
Northern Ireland

http://WWW.WARTIMELIVING.CO.UK

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:20 am 
 WWW  Profile

Group: E Co. 2 Batt, 16th Regt. 1st Infantry Division
Peter de Brabender over at Quartermaster Inspectors does some great repros at decent prices. They seem to be the favourite:
http://qmi-shop.be/catalog/index.php?cP ... 191fb4c6c9

The various American suppliers are good too, but expensive and come with hefty shipping and import costs.
Failing that, originals can be found if you look hard enough...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:29 am 

Group: Sapper Eagles. 307th Airborne Engineers
hey SSPK my wife has just started to put together her nurse uniform, got some kit from ebay and other sorces, her hbt jacket and trousers are both mens but have been altered to give a better fit, as this was done by the origional nurses due to virtual non existance of womens hbt for most of the war. have a look at the ww2 medical reserch centre website and blitzkrieg baby website for insperation.

as for spearhead some say thier kit aint that good but all the items ive had from them have been very good and prety quick to arrive. we are going to order my wifes Flight nurse uniform from them as they seem to be the only ones doing it in blue as well as OD.

Boon

"We're having a great time. I cleaned up all my best war stories for her. I was just telling her how we chased the teddy bears into their cuddle bunkers, then had to tickle them out with machine hugs and fun throwers! They say the more soldiers you tickle, the easier it gets. Well, sir, it doesn't" Grandpa Simpson

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:27 am 
 WWW  Profile

Group: Wartime Living History Association
Hi all

another Quick question what footwear would be appropriate for a nurse?

I could also do with some advice on the correct unit that we could use to fit in the WLHA's Nurses into our scenarios, the majority of which are static camps with a medical center/clearing area, we currently have 2 Full Time Medics which operate a small clearing station but these two are basic medics with the 505th and are assigned to the squad level, they operate with basic medical kit, however with the introduction of the nurses, we may be expanding this impression and forming a unit in keeping with the 307th, I assume that nurses werent assigned to the 307th Airborne Medical Company as this is the most appropriate unit which could tie in with our 505th guys

This is the only reference I can currently find to nurses with the 307th:

The 307th Airborne Medical Company was alerted at 2030 hrs on 17 December 1944 to prepare to leave its quarters with the Division within 12 hours, for the First Army sector, somewhere in Central Europe. Necessary preparations chiefly involving procurement of previously requisitioned medical supplies were made and the unit left its Base Camp at Sissonne, France, at 1100 on 18 December by motor transport.
The group consisted of 15 Officers and 187 Enlisted Men, augmented by 10 Officers (including 6 Nurses) and 47 EM of Detachment A, 50th Field Hospital.

505th P.I.R.,
82nd Airborne Division.
"All American !!"
"Don't Walk into Battle - Jump !!"

Wartime Living History Association
Northern Ireland

http://WWW.WARTIMELIVING.CO.UK

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:09 pm 
Visit-

http://www.med-dept.com/forum2/index.php

Ben Major is very knowledgeable- if he cannot give you the answer to your questions, doubt anyone will!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 23:23 pm 

Group: Adrift
As I supplied the above info on nurses with the 82nd, this is the only direct link of nurses with 82nd units

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 16:31 pm 
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Group: Ranger Re-enactments
Happy to help............email me direct have pm'd you. As said above, ben's site is excellent and there are some great reference books I would suggest too.

kind regards

Foxy
x

[color=#0000FF]

I portray Captain ANC as part of Ranger Re-enactments Medical Dept