WWIIReenacting.co.uk Forums

Uniting UK Re-enactors since 2003

It is currently Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:43 am

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username

Post subject: Re: ETO/MTO ANC
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 10:26 am 
5000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

Group: FIRST ALLIED AIRBORNE ASSOCIATION
mitten31 wrote:
Hey Lee......am almost there with kit, just need hat! I have a jeepcap, but if anyone else can help me out please please holler, my only problem is I have very little cash (have been so lucky so far with pricings and people also kindly donating/loaning)...3 year old little boys eat my money up!
It's all still so new to me so am really trying to research, listen to people, read etc as much as I can. All help from people is greatly appreciated. I'll be doing civvie in Weymouth with Jenny White and am looking forward to meeting lots of new people. We travel down to my folks next Thursday, I'll be thinking of everyone in France, wish I could have been coming.

the other hats are daisy maes and jeep caps and one other that I don't recognise. In the photo it just says under "nurse tend to patients for Army photographer" in France. It doesn't state what unit it is either, but the book is about Frances Slanger in Normandy. Not started reading it yet, still reading US uniforms of WWII and "and if I perish".....ah I love going to bed at the minute with my books.....bless.

lisa

Morning Lisa

No problems , many pictures are general ones and do not give that much detail. If you already have a jeep cap then you are very much there for headress in the field. In rgards to musters, when you form up for morning inspection and to fall out at the end of the day when not on the line, then a more regulation headdress is needed. A garrison hat in female Officers Pattern is required in our group and a M1 Helmet, in the field , just about every thing goes. Your own group should be able to advise what is good for them. Enjoy, see you soon

Kind Regards

Lee

I have always endeavoured to listen to what each and every person in a discussion had to say before venturing my own opinion. Oftentimes, my own opinion will simply represent a con-census of what I heard in the discussion. I always remember the axiom: a leader is like a shepherd. He stays behind the flock, letting the most nimble go out ahead, whereupon the others follow, not realizing that all along they are being directed from behind.”

Nelson Mandela

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 10:59 am 
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Group: Ranger Re-enactments
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

lovely turban!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

nice to see some humour

x

[color=#0000FF]

I portray Captain ANC as part of Ranger Re-enactments Medical Dept

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 14:02 pm 
 WWW  Profile

Group: Strictly GI (UK)
Bilko wrote:
Evacuation Hospitals [semi mobile] were 15th,93rd,94th,95th,170th and 171st.All 400 Bed..Evacuation Hospitals [750 Bed]:8th,11th,16th,38th and 56th.
Converalescent Hospital 3D.
Veterniary Evac Hospital 17th.

And don't forget about Station, Field and General Hospitals too, Dave!
Listing of MTO Hospital Locations + Dates

Cheers,
Ben.

WWII US Army Enlistment Records

$0.02, no refunds.

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 16:24 pm 
Supporter

Group: FSSF
Ben wrote:
Bilko wrote:
Evacuation Hospitals [semi mobile] were 15th,93rd,94th,95th,170th and 171st.All 400 Bed..Evacuation Hospitals [750 Bed]:8th,11th,16th,38th and 56th.
Converalescent Hospital 3D.
Veterniary Evac Hospital 17th.

And don't forget about Station, Field and General Hospitals too, Dave!
Listing of MTO Hospital Locations + Dates

Cheers,
Ben.

The list goes on mate..All the way down to veternainary food inspection detachment,With malaria survey units;11th and 206th thrown in for good measure.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 18:23 pm 

Group: Homefront Honeys
On the headgear question - the quatermasters catalogue states they were issued with an OD bandana to be worn as a turban also I've read many field accounts of nurses using towels and cut up sheets to provide adequate headwear.

Clare

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 23:56 pm 

Group: Adrift
AR 600-37. Perscribed Service Uniform.(29 July 1943 updated 20 JAN 1944) garrision cap OD Dark shade No.51 is not listed So a ANC Service Cap sould be worn with all service uniforms, CLASS "A", SEERSUCKER AND DRESS ONE-PIECE. The service cap worn almost as a badge of status. The rules seams to have relaxed later as the garrison cap is seen more and more into 45.

DRESS ONE-PIECE (OD. WALKING OUT DRESS)
US on right lapel BOS on left lapel and rank on the shoulders, I have seen some picture's of SSI's on the left shoulder As for wings the dress is very thin and the wing are quite heavy in comparison and may not sit right over the pocket but yes if it's part of their uniform/qulifactions

AR 600-37 para 9
Field uniform for advanced zone

a, Helmet steel M1 or liner helmet M1
b, Shirt Herringbone twill women's special.
c, trousers herringbone twill women's special
d, shoes field women's
e, anklets wool womans
f, tags identifacation

Before the introduction of this uniform, N. Africa, Sicily, Italy, PTO the use of mens HBT coveralls and dazy mae's seams to be most preverlant

LOZ.