WWIIReenacting.co.uk Forums

Uniting UK Re-enactors since 2003

It is currently Mon Nov 18, 2019 0:18 am

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 0:36 am 
5000+ Poster

Group: 16PFA / AFRA
Would be perfect if they were bigger.

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username
PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 16:24 pm 
3000+ Poster

Group: Oh, God, pretty much everyone it seems
A good option for literally a labourer, longshoreman, coal miner, or something of that ilk (usually North of England based - proximity to London and youthfullness were, as they have always been really, heavily related to the importance of fashion in the wearer) is a collarless shirt, a pair of high back black British railway trousers (stick a turnup in them) and BR waistcoat and an ecky thump cap. Ask your local steam railway about the trousers and waistcoat - they turn up regularly on ebay too. Collarless shirts are also common on ebay, get something non white and make sure its the type that can take a collar (so a button hole on both sides of the collar band and one at the rear, rather than a button and buttonhole at the front) even if you don't wear one. A jersey will work in place of a shirt for the more harbourman look.

NATIVE: Those are the sacred pyramids where my ancestors are buried.
BRITISH OFFICER: Cool. There any kinda zombie curse or anything we should know about? I mean, I want to pillage'em, but I don't want to cause no problems.
NATIVE: Our people lie merely asleep in their graves, waiting to shriek forth and bring agonising death to any who would dare disturb their peace.
BRITISH OFFICER: Be serious.
NATIVE: ...in truth the curse is probably apocryphal.
BRITISH OFFICER: Wicked. Carter, bust out the Gatling guns! I want to be revered as a God by teatime.

True story