WWIIReenacting.co.uk Forums

Uniting UK Re-enactors since 2003

It is currently Thu May 24, 2018 4:14 am

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 21:22 pm 

Group: 'To Victory, Together!' (Me, him and the dog)
All of us in the Home Front Village had a fantastic holiday last year at War and Peace Revival 2017.
The move from the racecourse suited us well.

This year, we are hoping to build on last years success with the theme of 'Holidays at Home'. This will encourage not only public interaction, but also our sense of community, in a very enjoyable and fun way, whilst continuing with our aim of representing and educating as accurately as possible, life on the Home Front in WW2 Britain.

We would like to widen our displays with those depicting the civilian services, such as ARP, Police, Land Army and women's organisations and would like to extend an invitation to other members of the Home Front re-enacting community to join us for 2018. We would also like to extend this invitation to re-enactors without a static display, but who feel they can offer something to our Home Front Community in other ways.

The experience of living (displaying) in our Home Front Village is not replicated anywhere else and is quite unique. We have our own social areas to use through out the day and evening, which help to foster the sense of community we share. We will aim to make your stay in the village as stress free and enjoyable as possible, as we know from experience how much time, expense and effort it takes to display at a long event such as this. It has to be enjoyable to balance this and we will try our hardest to ensure you have fun too. If you need a base to display in, we may be able to help with this and can offer support and advice in setting up a civilian living history display at the event.

So if you are a committed Home Front Re-enactor (or Military re-enactors who know they can adjust their display to have relevance to their units involvement on the Home front) who's been interested in this event but had no accurate knowledge of what being part of the Home Front Display entails, drop me a PM. We can help with any queries and discuss any ideas you may have. We will both be at Stoneleigh Militaria Fair, so if you would prefer face to face contact, we could arrange to chat there.
We look forward to you getting in touch.
Happy New Year.
Jude

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:40 am 

Group: Civil Defenders
Hi. I am hoping to be able to come with my Red Cross & St John Ambulance POW display, but as always it depends on work commitments. I have been in touch with Georgie. I am hoping to come to Stoneleigh.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 17:40 pm 

Group: 'To Victory, Together!' (Me, him and the dog)
Yes thanks Owen, Georgie did let me know.
We'd really love you there with your display.
I'll look out for you at Stoneleigh.
Jude