WWIIReenacting.co.uk Forums

Uniting UK Re-enactors since 2003

It is currently Wed Jun 19, 2019 23:04 pm

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username

Post subject: New group!
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:29 am 
1000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

Group: Poland '39 LHG; Odwach Polish army of 1939-1945
Just thought it was about time to post this announcement here as it has been a few weeks since Military Odyssey!

For a number of years, I had been the sole UK based Polish 1939 reenactor - until the 2012 Detling Military Odyssey that is, when I was joined by a couple, Neil and Paula, who have also got their kit and equipment together (over a number of years - rather like me!)

We have now had three shows where the three of us were present, and have been getting more and more interest from people who also want to portray the Polish army of the September 1939 campaign, and have been contacted by someone else who has the full kit together, and two others who are really keen to get the uniforms and kit together.

SO, at this years Detling Military Odyssey, the three present members decided that we would have to start a group! This group will be called "Poland '39 Living History Group". There is no area that the group is based in in the UK (I am in the south-west and Neil and Paula are in Manchester) and we are happy to have new people from anywhere in the UK! As for units - I wear the badge of the 1st Highland Regiment, while Neil wears the markings for the 54th Infantry Regiment, and Paula portrays the PWK. A vote was also held by the present members (all three of us) as to who should be the commander of the group, and who would learn the Polish drill commands. SO, to a vote of 2 for (Neil and Paula) to 1 against (me) it was decided that I should assume the rank of Kapral (Corporal) and will now have to learn Polish drill commands! :shock:

I do intend to try to get a small website up and running (my winter project!) and will post the address when it is ready. Until then, here is a photo from last years Detling Military Odyssey show, just so you can see what we look like - I am in the middle for those who haven't met me!!

Poland - first to fight!

Member of Poland '39 LHG & Odwach - 1939 Polish army

https://www.facebook.com/Poland1939
http://www.odwach.pl/

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username
 Post subject: Re: New group!
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 21:49 pm 

Group: LHG First To Fight
All the best for Poland '39 LHG !!!. I hope we will meet again together on the show :).

https://www.facebook.com/pages/LHG-Firs ... 1516988621

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 22:05 pm 
Well done!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:56 am 
1000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

Group: Grossdeutschland Aufklärung
Bravo!

Glad to hear this under represented aspect of the conflict is at last gaining some momentum. I look forward to seeing how it all develops :)

Neil

Dusty are our faces, but joyful are our minds, our tank roars forward with the storm wind.

www.panzeraufgd.co.uk

www.facebook.com/Panzeraufgd/

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:22 pm 
4000+ Poster

Group: Za Oberonyu! 13th GRD and WPFG
Well done Paul, sounds like you've built this on solid foundations with a meeting of minds.

Now to build on your bridgehead.

Good luck!

"I saw cities in Europe that were practically untouched by the war, countries that capitulated to the more powerful enemies even before war was declared, but we are not like that. Our grandfathers, our fathers, our older generation, our great leaders, fought here for each building, for each street." - First Deputy Prime Minister Dmitry Rogozin on the 70th anniversary of victory at Stalingrad

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:22 am 
3000+ Poster

Group: Za Oboronu! (For Defence!)
Excellent news! :D I know how long this has been a passion of yours.

Quote:
"Memory is deceptive because it is coloured by today's events." Albert Einstein

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:38 pm 
4000+ Poster

Sorry for arriving late.... well done Paul,glad you kept it up,knew in the end a group would begin to form :)

War,huh,what is it good for? Absolutly nothin'.......but some jolly good films

. -. --. .-.. .- -. -.. / . -..- .--. . -.-. - ... / . ...- . .-. -.-- -- .- -. / - --- / -.. --- / .... .. ... / -.. ..- - -.--